This video is unavailable.
Get Your Tickets Here @ Summit11
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 2, 2011
While the live concert remains a singular experience that can't be duplicated or co-opted, the mundane act of buying a ticket is undergoing a revolution before our eyes. Artists are wading into areas previously occupied only by venues and promoters through venue buyouts and fan club ticketing schemes. Venues are experimenting with mobile ticketing and ticket add-ons. Promoters are responding to audience complaints about excessive surcharges and choosing alternatives to Ticketmaster. With audiences spending fewer dollars lately on entertainment, the stakeholders are all jockeying for a larger piece of the pie and even the secondary ticketing market is seeing its share of the spotlight's glare. Come watch our panel engage in a fascinating debate about the future of live music ticketing.
Andrew Dreskin, CEO and Co-Founder, Ticketfly
Seth Hurwitz, Supreme Chief Party Master, I.M.P./930 Club
Peter Jenner, Manager, Sincere Management
Andrew Kaplan, Talent Buyer, JAM Productions
Mike Luba, President Global Music, S2BN Entertainment
Jon Potter, President, Fan Freedom Project
Greg Kot, Co-host, Sound Opinions; Music Critic, Chicago Tribune (moderator)
This panel was recorded live in Washington, DC at Georgetown University on October 3, 2011 during Future of Music Coalition Policy Summit 2011.
Event website: http://futureofmusic.org/events/futur...
Every contribution, no matter how big or small, brings us closer to a future when musicians will be fairly compensated for their work, and fans will have access to the music they love. We need your help. Giving online is easy. Please donate today: https://futureofmusic.org/civicrm/con...
- 50:33 Getting Cozy WIth Blanket Licenses @ Summit11by FutureMusicCoalition 124 views
- 46:42 New Frontiers in Mobile & Music @ Summit11by FutureMusicCoalition 167 views
- 28:12 Money from Music: The Jazz Conversationby FutureMusicCoalition 362 views
- 1:04:12 Local Matters: Music Scenes and Community Building @ Summit11by FutureMusicCoalition 130 views
- 49:05 The Dispatches : Muslims Vs Free Speech ( UK ) - HDby amaanthekhan 32,114 views
- 35:55 Loyola Music Industry Program Series: A Conversation with Martin Atkinsby ArtistsHouseMusic 316 views
- 55:42 Stuart Galbraith & Simon Frith - Live Music Exchange, Leeds (May 2012)by livemusicexchange 155 views
- 14:15 Getting Gigs Abroad - Part 1by widedays 98 views
- 56:55 Music Industry Forum -- Todd and Jeff Brabec -- Music Publishingby thecfmae 2,193 views
- 45:18 SYNC UP- THE STATE OF TODAY'S LIVE MUSIC INDUSTRYby tombone98 204 views
- 34:13 Music Educator Profile: Peter Alhadeff of Berklee College of Musicby ArtistsHouseMusic 148 views
- 28:52 Music Industry Forum - Concert Producer Stephen Rehage on Creating Live Entertainment Eventsby thecfmae 482 views
- 15:19 Getting Gigs Abroad - Part 2by widedays 50 views
- 1:44 Negotiating with Ticket Brokers (Eric Baker)by TheLeapTV 491 views
- 1:16:19 Data Without Borders @ Summit11by FutureMusicCoalition 118 views
- 1:17:04 Presentations from Creative Allies, Tracktrack.it, RootMusic and ThingLink @ Summit11by FutureMusicCoalition 88 views
- 24:03 Bluebrain & Music for Landscapes: The Making of Listen to the Light @ Summit11by FutureMusicCoalition 304 views
- 9:58 String Cheese Incident - Sometimes a river - Ashville 11/25/2011by John Williams 1,089 views
- 2:08 Booking a Music Tour : What to Say to Get Gigsby expertvillage 16,859 views
- 27:57 Little Hands Rivertrance The String Cheese Incident -2011.11.28 Nashville, TN, Ryman Auditoriumby amfowler 374 views
- Loading more suggestions...