Published on Feb 27, 2014
The AUA's inaugural Quality Improvement Summit held on Saturday, January 25, 2014, focused on reducing complications associated with transrectal ultrasound (TRUS) prostate biopsies. The presentations in this segment can be located by using the indicated time markers.
Discussion of Antibiotic Choices
• Guidelines - J. Stuart Wolf, Jr., MD (00:00)
• Literature - Richard Watson, MD (10:50)
• Group discussion (26:23)
Protocol Used by Existing Programs and Practices
• Michigan Urological Surgery Improvement Collaborative (MUSIC) - James Montie, MD (56:59)
• Large Urology Group Practice Association (LUGPA) & Advanced Urology Centers of New York - Deepak Kapoor, MD (1:11:30)
• Group discussion (1:26:40)
• Virginia Urology - Michael Franks, MD (1:28:16)
• Cleveland Clinic - J. Stephen Jones, MD (1:42:17)
• Group discussion (2:00:24)
Keynote Speech by Dr. Kate Goodrich, Director of Quality Measures and Health Assessment, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Center for Clinical Standards and Quality (2:26:22)
• Question and answer session (3:11:56)
The other two segments of the program are available in two separate sections.