Civil War in Spain - 75th Anniversary of the International Brigades
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 10, 2012
On the 75th anniversary of the formation of the International Brigades, Katt Cremer gave this excellent presentation to the Stalin Society, summarizing the events of the Spanish Civil war, its principle protagonists and their political ideology, as well as a brief history of the main battles of the war and its course.
In this key anti-fascist struggle, the prelude to imperialism's war on the Soviet Union (world war 2), the international proletariat rallied to the defense of the Spanish republic. Some 35,000 workers from at least 53 countries answered the call of the communist international to form the International Brigades.
Despite the loss of the republic in 1939, as Dolores Ibárruri, "La Pasionaria", stated in her famous farewell address:
"Today many are departing. Thousands remain, shrouded in Spanish earth, profoundly remembered by all Spaniards. Comrades of the International Brigades: Political reasons, reasons of state, the welfare of that very cause for which you offered your blood with boundless generosity, are sending you back, some to your own countries and others to forced exile. You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend. You are the heroic example of democracy's solidarity and universality in the face of the vile and accommodating spirit of those who interpret democratic principles with their eyes on hoards of wealth or corporate shares which they want to safeguard from all risk.
"We shall not forget you; and, when the olive tree of peace is in flower, entwined with the victory laurels of the Republic of Spain -- return!
"Return to our side for here you will find a homeland -- those who have no country or friends, who must live deprived of friendship -- all, all will have the affection and gratitude of the Spanish people who today and tomorrow will shout with enthusiasm:
"Long live the heroes of the International Brigades!"
Full text of her inspiring and profoundly moving speech here:
75th Anniversary of the International Brigades:
"Land and Freedom" and the Trotskyist distortions told regarding the Spanish Civil War:
Spain - dismembering history:
How the spanish government deals with the descendants of Republican Spain - persecuting communists:
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "The Four Insurgent Generals" on
Paul Robeson Jr.;Lawrence Brown
- 27:39 Kim Jong Il Memorial in Londonby ProletarianCPGBMLFeatured 4,741
- 52:57 The Spanish Civil War - Victory and Defeat (6/6)by noscman1 3,484 views
- 45:26 Trotskyism or Leninism?by ProletarianCPGBML 6,688 views
- 52:46 The Spanish Civil War - Battleground for Idealists (3/6)by noscman1 5,311 views
- 52:26 The Spanish Civil War - Franco and the Nationalists (4/6)by noscman1 4,485 views
- 53:57 Ernest Hemingway: The Spanish Earth (1937)by darkapitude 41,758 views
- 52:00 The Spanish Civil War - Prelude to Tragedy (1/6)by noscman1 25,034 views
- 52:00 The Spanish Civil War 1of6 Prelude to Tragedy XviD mp3 BobbaFettby EmmaYaBasta 14,332 views
- 10:41 Understanding WW2 - Spanish Civil Warby ProletarianCPGBML 794 views
- 52:03 The Spanish Civil War - Inside the Revolution (5/6)by noscman1 2,660 views
- 57:53 TalkingStickTV - Michael Parenti - Lies, War, and Empire - Part Iby talkingsticktv 64,240 views
- 52:00 1. The origins of the Spanish Civil Warby solidaritet2010 4,351 views
- 47:51 Gaddafi Tribute in Londonby ProletarianCPGBML 5,541 views
- 4:04 Defend Koreaby ProletarianCPGBML 1,090 views
- 1:24:31 75 Years On - The International Brigades and the Spanish Civil Warby baceirigi 601 views
- 3:26 George Orwell - Spanish Civil War and Teaby CloudCucku 9,919 views
- 59:04 The Power of Art - Picasso (complete episode)by kunstskole 74,495 views
- 25:48 Being a British Communist - Godfrey Cremerby ProletarianCPGBML 1,159 views
- 33:09 Trotskyism or Leninism - Q&Aby ProletarianCPGBML 1,437 views
- 14:47 Capitalism can't save the planetby ProletarianCPGBML 1,152 views
- Loading more suggestions...