Atlas - Omri Mor & The AndalouJazz Project
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 3, 2010
Pianist Omri Mor, born in 1983, raised in Jerusalem, started playing at the age of 7 and was soon attracted to many various styles of music. He studied classical music at the Jerusalem Rubin Academy of Music, under the guidance of Prof. Benjamin Oren and Dr. Assaf Zohar, jazz piano with Prof. Slava Ganelin and saxophone legend and educator Arnie Lawrence, and currently under classical piano master Ms. Shoshana Cohen. In addition, Omri had studied, since the age of 14, under the guidance of the Oud player and 'paytan' Nino Elmaghribi Biton, who taught him the basics of Andalousian music in the Algerian style. He had won the highest scholarship given by Israel-America music foundation five times in a row.
Omri performs with major Israeli jazz artists such as Avishai Cohen (bass), Avishai Cohen (trumpet), Omer Avital, Eli Degibri and many others, and has cooperated with international artists like Marlon Browden, Marcus Baylor, Philip Harper, Keon Harold, J.D. Allen, Jay Rodriguez, Marc Miralta, Raynald Colom and more. In addition, he has played with the Israeli Philharmonic Orchestra and with the Ra'anana Symphonette Orchestra. He plays regularly in jazz festivals in Israel and abroad, and has lately performed with Israeli rock artists Berry Sacharof and Micha Shitrit, as well as with ethnic artists such as Algerian Rai pianist Maurice El-Medioni and groups such as the Maghreb Orchestra (led by Hannania Biton Nino ElMaghribi ), the Israeli Andalusian Orchestra and paytans Chaim Look and Lior Elmaliach.
Omri's musical repertoire ranges from classical music and jazz, through Andalousian North-African music, to Latin and afro-cuban music. Thanks to the wide scope of influences on him, Mor's playing combines elements from a wide variety of styles and genres.
Omri performs with his Trio and with his new AndalouJazz Project, combining his two passions of Andalousian music with Jazz. By improvising on Andalousian melodies as if they were jazz standards, Mor combines these elements in a natural and organic way. Through his experimentation, Mor has successfully created a new musical language that enraptures the audience.
Standard YouTube License
- 23 videos Play all YouTube Mix - Atlas - Omri Mor & The AndalouJazz Project
- 6:48 "Sahli Medley" - The New Andalusian Orchestra Ashkelon Feat. Omri Morby התזמורת האנדלוסית הים-תיכונית אשקלון Andalusian Orchestra Ashkelon Featured 6,634
- 1:21:24 Avishai Cohen - Live at Paleo Festival 2012by AvishaiCohenMusic140,969 views
- 1:10:27 jazzahead! 2013 - Israeli Night - Daniel Zamirby jazzaheadtradefair11,548 views
- 1:06:34 Smooth Jazz Christmas ( Full Album )by xmistermister668x52,525 views
- 9:21 Zidane - Omri Mor & The AndalouJazz Projectby ILPresents8,955 views
- 7:18 Tribute to Maurice El Mediouni - (4) Khlassat (El Mediouni & Omri Mor)by TamariMik16,708 views
- 26 videos Play all עומרי מורby giladhazan
- 10:26 Nino el maghribiby Luther Lutherking49,986 views
- 8:04 Ramel Maya (Part A) - Omri Mor & The AndalouJazz Projectby ILPresents6,738 views
- 7:05 Tribute to Maurice El Mediouni - (5) Morocco-Jazz (Omri Mor)by TamariMik8,418 views
- 6:59 Omri Mor-Piano Jazz in Mitzpe Ramon with Gil Shochats Virtuoses.2013by Rachel Suranyi1,458 views
- 7:52 Ya'ala Ya'ala (Part A) - Omri Mor & The AndalouJazz Projectby ILPresents2,215 views
- 5:13 Shahar (Dawn) - Omri Mor Trioby ILPresents4,874 views
- 12:06 Avishai Cohen Trío - Avran Avinu - San Sebastian (2011).aviby bobylyn11,676 views
- 6:36 Anita - Omri Mor Trioby ILPresents4,582 views
- 10:40 Omar Sosa & Paolo Fresu - Under African Skies (Paul Simon) 2012by Funckyhamster21,899 views
- 8:41 Ramel Maya (Part B) - Omri Mor & The AndalouJazz Projectby ILPresents3,268 views
- 6:31 The Israeli Andalus Orchestraby Tom Cohen67,277 views
- 6:26 Omri Mor Trio - Shahar (dawn)by MADAJAZZCAR FESTIVAL3,294 views
- 6:56 Souiri- Andalous musicby kitatun28,276 views