2012 Chevrolet Sonic Sedan
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 22, 2011
Chevrolet Sonic - 2012
New for 2012
■Available Ecotec 1.4L turbo engine rated at 138 horsepower (103 kW) that delivers competitive fuel economy
■Standard Ecotec 1.8L engine paired with five-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmissions
■Ecotec 1.4L turbo available with a six-speed manual transmission
■Standard electronic power steering and StabiliTrak electronic stability control with rollover sensing
■Sedan model offers outstanding trunk capacity, larger than many vehicles one segment larger
■Connectivity includes OnStar with six months of Turn-by-Turn navigation. Available Sirius XM Satellite Radio, USB and Bluetooth functionality
■MyChevrolet mobile application with vehicle connectivity
■Remote start, heated front seats and sunroof available
■Safety features include 10 standard air bags, anti-lock brakes, electronic brake force distribution, brake assist and OnStar with Automatic Crash Response
The all-new 2012 Sonic is a small car with a large array of amenities. It is offered in two body styles: a four-door sedan and a five-door, each with distinctive design elements, including motorcycle-inspired round headlamps. Sonic also delivers class-leading rear-seat roominess and connectivity features that enhance the driving experience.
The Sonic is equipped with power-dense four-cylinder engines, including an Ecotec 1.4L turbo, and it is designed to be one of the safest vehicles in the segment, with 10 standard air bags.
Production of the Sonic takes place at the General Motors Orion Assembly Center in Michigan, making it the only subcompact built in the United States. The plant received a $545-million investment in upgrades and retooling, and will help restore approximately 1,000 jobs in the metropolitan Detroit area.
■Two distinct body styles: four-door sedan and five-door.
■A wide, planted stance, with wheels-at-the-corners proportions, conveys performance. Progressive, raked body lines suggest movement even when the car is stationary.
■Motorcycle-inspired round headlamps and taillamps.
■Rear door handles on the five-door are located in a C-pillar area, suggesting the style of a three-door hatch.
■Chrome grille surrounds and matte black honeycomb grille inserts on all models.
■A range of large wheel sizes, including 17-inch alloy wheels.
Sonic's cabin complements the motorcycle-inspired exterior with a detailed instrument cluster featuring a large, round analog tachometer set within an asymmetrical LCD readout, with a large digital speedometer display.
■The mid-instrument panel surface is available in two colors (dark titanium and brick) and flows seamlessly into the upper doors, with premium low-glass finishes.
■The automatic shift knob has a "cobra head" design, while the manual shifter has a chrome-finished knob.
■Tubular outboard climate outlets protrude from the instrument panel surface.
■The interior includes storage compartments in the center stack and doors.
■The rear seats fold virtually flat for carrying larger items.
■Front bucket seats are standard and heated front seats are available.
Chevrolet Sonic models are powered by efficient, power-dense, small-displacement engines, including the Ecotec 1.4L turbo and the Ecotec 1.8L -- the same engines used in the Chevrolet Cruze. Three transmissions are available: a five-speed manual and six-speed automatic with the 1.8L and a six-speed manual with the 1.4L turbo.
■The Ecotec 1.4L turbo's power ratings are 138 horsepower (103 kW) and 148 lb.-ft. of torque (200 Nm) between 1,850 rpm and 4,900 rpm.
■The wide rpm range for the maximum torque -- a specific trait of turbocharged engines -- helps the engine deliver a better driving experience and performance.
■Premium design elements give the engine world-class smoothness and durability, including a low-mass hollow-frame cast iron block, dual overhead camshafts with variable valve timing, chain-driven cams and roller-finger camshaft followers, piston-cooling oil jets and integrated oil cooler, a variable-flow oil pump and an electronically controlled thermostat.
■The 1.4L's turbocharger is integrated within the exhaust manifold, for reduced weight and greater packaging flexibility in small vehicles. A reinforced crankshaft and stronger connecting rods deliver additional strength to support the engine's pressurized power and torque over a wide rpm band.
The naturally aspirated Ecotec 1.8L engine has many of the same features of the Ecotec 1.4L turbo.
■It is a compact and durable four-cylinder engine designed for low maintenance, low emissions and fuel efficiency.
■Its two-stage variable intake manifold allows approximately 90 percent of peak torque to be available from 2,400 rpm to 6,500 rpm.
■It is rated at 138 horsepower (103 kW) along with 125 lb.-ft. of torque (170 Nm) at 3,800 rpm.
Standard YouTube License
- 4:26 2012 Chevrolet Sonic Reviewby Motormouth Canada33,801 views
- 15:02 SRT Viper GTS vs Chevrolet Corvette ZR1! - Head 2 Head Episode 24by MotorTrend1,360,776 views
- 2:20 2012 Chevrolet Sonic LTZby SupercarHall3,701 views
- 5:27 2012 Chevrolet Sonic "Bungee Jump" and "Skydive" Part 2by SupercarHall8,094 views
- 9:26 2012 Sonic LT, First Look, O'Donnell Chevrolet, San Gabriel, CA 91776by Odonnell Chevy Buick9,013 views
- 3:38 2012 Chevy Sonic LTZ Turbo Review / Test Drive = MPGomaticby mpgomatic95,480 views
- 12:00 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Z51! Testing the New High Tech Vette! - Ignition Ep. 77by MotorTrend1,112,211 views
- 8:35 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 vs Ford Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca! - Head 2 Head Episode 3by MotorTrend5,037,865 views
- 2:12 2012 Chevrolet Sonic Z Spec Concept Orangeby SupercarHall9,943 views
- 6:41 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 1.4 // ototest.tvby Oto test.tv11,434 views
- 3:18 Teste do Chevrolet Sonicby Sobre Rodas3,152 views
- 19:22 2013 Honda Civic Si Sedan Start Up, Exhaust, and In Depth Reviewby Saabkyle04143,786 views
- 3:02 2012 Chevrolet Sonic Review - Consumer Reportsby NewRoads GM50,028 views
- 16:28 2012 Chevrolet Sonic Turbo LTZ Hatchback 6-spd Start Up, Exhaust, and In Depth Reviewby Saabkyle04129,295 views
- 7:26 2014 Chevy Sonic Turbo 0-60 MPH Drive and Reviewby The Fast Lane Car24,192 views
- 3:24 2012 Chevrolet Sonic Sedan Full Walk Around Demo Charleston South Carolinaby CharlestonCarVideos19,073 views
- 11:49 Тест драйв Chevrolet Aveo 2013by Дмитрий Простой11,762 views
- 10:53 2013 Chevrolet Sonic LT Start Up and Review 1.4 L 4-Cylinder Turboby Camerons Car Reviews14,258 views
- 8:36 Must See!!! just around the corner Part 2by Hydrocarbonman147217 views
- 5:54 2012 Chevy Sonic 2LS, Night View, O'Donnell Chevrolet, San Gabriel, CA 91776by Odonnell Chevy Buick124,085 views
- Loading more suggestions...