Stuff n Such 6 May 30 2012
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on May 30, 2012
STUFF N SUCH
7560 SHERIDAN BLVD
Consignment was in the cards
After working in a drug store for years, Pam Allen was ready to take the plunge and opened her own business, but it took an unusual push for her to find her niche. Allen, from Arvada, open Stuff N Such, 7560 Sheridan Blvd on May 8,2010. In the beginning she sold her own stuff and her friend's stuff, and planned to buy items for the store. It wasn't until she had a reading into her future that she ended up in the consignment business.
"I was at the metaphysical fair, and I decided to get a reading from one of the women there," she said" She told me that I was going to do something and it was going to be a good thing, she said I would hit some bumps, but I'd be able to do it. That's when I decided instead of buying, I would try consigning."
Allen admits there have been numerous hiccups along the way, some so big she thought her time as a business owner was over. But unconditional support from her friends and family has kept her going.
"I was scared to death to start the business, and there have been some scary times along the way." she said." But everybody helps me smooth out the bumps, and they are very encouraging. I just keep going."
Allen accepts a variety of items for consignment, including antiques ,knickknacks , small furniture and tools that are in good condition. She does not accept any clothing.
After a person brings in there items, Allen determines a good price and keeps the item on the shelf for up to 60 days. If the item doesn't sell after 60 days, she either gives the item back, or donates it. On items that do sell, Allen retains 35 percent of the price.
"What's nice is that we always have new things because I only keep things 60 days," she said. "It works out nice because people can get a little something for there things, stuff they didn't think would ever sell."
Allen's friend Christie Emerson occasionally works in the shop, donating her time so that Allen can run errands. She said every time she's in the store she hears the same comment over and over.
" I always hear customers say they love the store because of the layout," she said. Customers tell me they love how the shelves aren't dirty and packed with stuff on top of stuff on top of stuff. They love how it feels in the store." As business continues to improve week to week, Allen said, she couldn't be happier. As a people person she enjoys meeting new people every day and helping them earn some extra cash. She learned firsthand that one person's trash is another person's treasure.
"Don't ever throw your stuff out because you never know what it will be worth or if someone wants it." she said. "That's what's great about consignment, there are unique things people can fall in love with."
For more information about Stuff N Such, go online
Standard YouTube License
- 2:14 Thrift Store Update - Dirty Clothes!! - 5/8/2012by secretoftheinternetFeatured 1,270
- 7:35 Stone Pro: Granite Restorationby J.Racenstein Co 4,474 views
- 10:12 Business Liquidation Preview - Consignment Auction - Saturday, September 10, 2011by Gregg Pfister 341 views
- 23:35 Massive Thrift Store Haul!by Veronica Anne 49,197 views
- 1:12 How to open a consignment shopby Larry Swift 1,426 views
- 39:44 CA-CPT....Consignment accounting -05by Mohammed Zafar Inaam 225 views
- 5:05 salvation army haul.. Dooney Bourke, Chanel....by cutensimpl 3,403 views
- 3:41 Couture Designer Resale Consignment Shop in Tampa, FLby coutureusa 1,332 views
- 11:24 Vintage Shabby Chic Hanger Sign/Layoutby ILuvVintageScrap 724 views
- 8:36 Thrift Store Haul Goodwill & Salvation Armyby Makeup, Thrifting, and More :] 79,531 views
- 5:12 STUFF N SUCHby capn kirk 695 views
- 5:04 How Retail Layout Affects Profitby Maxwell Harknett 2,256 views
- 13:24 The Anatomy of A Sale Going Down The Toliet Crazy Craigslist Stories SEA 2 EPI27by The American Hustler Glendon Cameron 230 views
- 7:31 *Salvation Army* Thrift Store Haul!by MsArajis 3,313 views
- 7:02 AWESOME Sales Update ~ Thrift Stores ~ Goodwill ~ American Pickers ~ Make Money FAST~!by Raiken Profit 850 views
- 16:03 32 - Never Ending Consignment Haulby thebubblelush 7,013 views
- 9:39 ISB120 Part 1 - The Salvation Armyby salvationarmyvideo 36,285 views
- 4:25 Consign design Diva - Episode 1by greenvillemarketingl 1,499 views
- 0:44 Toby Boutique Interior Design Conceptby Hatem Alakeel 10,393 views
- 8:28 Salvation Army - Budget Barbie: EP41by clicknetworktv 80,933 views
- Loading more suggestions...