We Afghans shall live in peace someday.wmv
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 19, 2010
On Martin Luther Kings Day this 18th of Jan, after fasting for 2 short days, in solidarity with Witness Against Tortures 12 day fast for the prompt closing of Guantanamo Bay Prison, a few Afghan Youth Peace Volunteers gathered in a mud house on an Afghan winter night, to have a heart-to-heart conversation with members of the Witness Against Torture and later, with friends from Landmark Education Olympia facilitated by Dr Dennis Mills of Capella University.
We asked each other the questions of our times and our hearts.
Friends of Witness Against Torture led by Frida Berrigan and Bob Cooke encouraged the Afghan youth with their kind words, their tears and their singing. The conversation ended with them singing We shall overcome and a sense of the change in consciousness and the friendships which all human beings long for.
We remembered the words of Martin Luther King, in the everyday Dari of Afghanistan.
Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?'
A lie cannot live.
At the center of non-violence stands the principle of love.
Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend.
Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.
Why do we respond to fear, hate and anger by hurting one another?
Frida Berrigan of Witness Against Torture : They first become wealthy professionals but they dont want to. They want to lower their income because they dont want to pay for war
Dr Dennis Mills of Capella University : Dr King talked about 3 major demons, 3 problems.
The 3 ( demons ) are racism, materialism & militarism.
Those are very prophetic words because we who are making this call are still working to change ourselves for generations.
ما اسانها کدام انسان دیگر را خواهد شکنجه کردیم؟
Which human will we humans torture next?
Pause in empathy or perish in estrangement
We shall live in peace some day
We shall overcome some day
Now is the time to pause in empathy or perish in estrangement
Standard YouTube License
- 1:19:00 Entrevista a Lider Pandilla 18, El Salvador. Luisa Moncada, Canal 19, El Salvador Al Diaby megavisionsv660,398 views
- 56:54 139-Afghan star-Sitaraye Afghan/Ariana Sayeed by shafie ayarby sfayar5,609 views
- 44:56 The BBC's War & Peace: Episode 11. Men Of Destinyby Basicallybenign3,979 views
- 33:12 Lideres de la MS-13 hablan sobre la tregua; MS 13 leaders talk about El Salvador's gang truce.by Uzziel Peña128,991 views
- 45:33 ENTREVISTA A EL SIRRA (MS13) NOTICIERO HECHOS TV12 PART 1by samuraisalva401,376 views
- 44:45 The BBC's War & Peace: Episode 8. A Beautiful Taleby Basicallybenign6,326 views
- 19:30 Las Maras en Centroaméricaby informarn1,143,286 views
- 44:27 The BBC's War & Peace: Episode 13. Borodinoby Basicallybenign10,407 views
- 6:47 We Shall Overcome Someday...by WhereIsTheLove7,709 views
- 9:15 [Part 1] Newsnight - 12/01/2010 Guantanamo Guard & Former Detainees Meetby Rick B16,828 views
- 2:57 Afghanistan Is Not A Poor Countryby Wrath0fKhan4,210 views
- 45:29 La Maras Salvatrucha documentalby Miguel Torres128,859 views
- 3:47 Post Traumatic Stress is an Order of Conscience that can save humanity.wmvby Our Journey To Smile751 views
- 5:09 We shall live in peace - Dave Shamir (live)by YOAVIDZ835 views
- 3:38 Lets share our Knowledge to make Afghanistan a better place..by AfghaneEducational795 views
- 44:29 The BBC's War & Peace: Episode 2. Sounds Of Warby Basicallybenign9,382 views
- 9:42 Vacationing in Afghanistan (by Aaron Rockett and John Monte)by Aaron Rockett142,682 views
- 3:05 The unequal value of an Afghan child.wmvby Our Journey To Smile6,279 views
- 5:45 The Rebecca Projectby RebeccaProject118,581 views
- 7:39 Arrests at U. S. Capitol, re: Closing Gitmo/Tortureby Bill Hughes2,690 views
- Loading more suggestions...