Culture of Struggle
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 2, 2011
Godfrey Cremer recites his powerful poem on our common struggle against imperialism, with specific reference to the great martyrs of India's liberation struggle, Bhagat Singh and Udham Singh.
What is imperialism and how do we fight it?
Other contributions and speeches at this meeting:
Stalin, Robeson and Rule: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXsEjX...
Jamie (Red Youth) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-pIyU...
Harpal (CPGB-ML) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYQO_K...
Culture of Struggle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD9eZY...
Cde Asari (AAPRP): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11Ku1f...
The Easts are rising: http://youtu.be/Qcqv7b3Q7cA
Who is Bhagat Singh:?
CPGB-ML Celebrate Bhagat Singh's 100th Birthday:
Bhagat Singh and Udham Singh (lyrics)
Who are these men?
What are they to me,
These dead men From a land across the sea?
They dared against the British Raj
To raise their hand.
If my own countrymen decreed their death
Why should I take a stand?
The British ruling class
That these men defied
Plundered with sword and gun and sly intrigue.
Their modern spawn
Smile with imperialist pride
And, guns behind their backs
And lackeys in their league,
Plunder away still more
And keep the plundered poor.
Born in my land of birth,
Are not my kith and kin!
My eyes must not be dazzled
By shared whiteness of their skin!
For the great imperial heel,
That straddles o'er the globe
And tramples the oppressed of foreign lands,
Takes blance from the other boot we feel.
On both its feet imperialism stands.
Small comfort that we bear not all the weight,
And that the heel grinds harder across the sea,
For the lightest boot is heavy,
And the prize of freedom great.
So we must see imperialism fall.
The British working class must take its stand
And recognise its common cause with all
Who take the sword of freedom in their hand.
On! Onward then with revolution's tide,
And, though each stage befits its time and place,
Who fights our foe is fighting by our side,
It matters not their colour or their race.
Such men were Udham Singh and Bhagat Singh,
Martyrs not just of India's freedom fight
But Heroes of all workers and oppressed.
So let their names unite us in ourmight
As, thinking not in terms of black or white
But "Who is enemy and who is friend?",
We struggle to achieve our common end.
Death to imperialism! is our cry.
It is our common banner.
Raise it high!
Join us: http://www.cpgb-ml.org
Standard YouTube License
- 1:20:36 Revolution in Britainby Proletarian TV4,946 views
- 54:26 Libya Report USAby Proletarian TV2,646 views
- 2:54 Bhagat Singh-Lahor conspiracy case-Part-1 By_AKR (1).flvby Abhishek Kumar Rai7,231 views
- 10:34 How the CIA Helped Create the Crack Epidemicby Malcolm X188,899 views
- 6:48 Flowers and Famineby Proletarian TV1,483 views
- 1:24:26 TalkingStickTV - Chris Hedges - War is a Force That Gives Us Meaningby talkingsticktv9,690 views
- 9:22 A Tribute to Godfrey Cremer from Harpal Brarby Proletarian TV577 views
- 9:20 'The West' has a duty to impose democracy! 2/2by Proletarian TV1,145 views
- 8:21 Fight for Queen & Country? 1/2by Proletarian TV1,864 views
- 4:16 Gurpreet singh -Poem on Bhagat Singhby gurupanth15,197 views
- 28:07 What Empire Does to a Culture | Roderick T. Longby LibertyInOurTime1,012 views
- 8:12 Libya - a Media Warby Proletarian TV1,710 views
- 47:51 Gaddafi Tribute in Londonby Proletarian TV6,068 views
- 9:14 WW2 1/10: Communism v Fascism; the falsification of historyby Proletarian TV1,047 views
- 33:24 Anti-imperialist Octoberby Proletarian TV767 views
- 3:07:50 23 March 1931 Shaheed - Full Movieby KKY540347,555 views
- 15:19 Britain, the Soviet Union and Octoberby Proletarian TV916 views
- 53:20 Juche in Britain & Koreaby StalinSociety3,718 views
- 8:00 Attack Stalin to attack socialism - Khruhschev 2/11by Proletarian TV1,742 views
- 9:26 Reasons to Support China 1/3by Proletarian TV3,142 views
- Loading more suggestions...