Discovery Abuse: An Intervention (part 4)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 22, 2009
The premise in this program is that the legal process of discovery, designed to disclose relevant evidence in order to narrow issues and expedite resolution of cases, now contributes to protracted litigation, in great part due to some practitioners misguided litigation philosophies, passed on to associates who perpetuate the cycle.
Through a 40-minute short film, the team presents the exploits of Adam Abuser, one such misguided associate, in his dealings with opposing counsel and other colleagues, and in his appearances in court. After the film, a judge reviews the latest Federal and state case law on sanctions for violations of the discovery rules, and offers the perspective from the bench.
CONGRATULATIONS TO CHRIS STEVENSON & The American Inn of Court Indianapolis on their 2nd Place finish in the American Inn of Court's Program Award Competition. Program Awards recognize exceptional programs created and presented at Inn meetings between July 1, 2009 and June 30, 2010. The top three programs are recognized with plaques that are presented at an Inn meeting and with special lapel pins presented to each member of the pupillage team that presented the program. Through these awards, the American Inns of Court Foundation encourages innovative and creative program development at Inn meetings, as well as submission of programs to the national program library.
The participants from the American Inn of Court Indianapolis will receive their award at The Celebration of Excellence which is an annual event at the Supreme Court of the United States to honor individuals that have contributed their time, energy, and resources to furthering the American Inns of Court. The black-tie evening begins with a reception, followed by dinner in the Great Hall and then the awards presentation is held in the courtroom. Associate Justice Antonin Scalia will host the 2009 Celebration of Excellence at the Supreme Court of the United States. Retired Associate Justice Sandra Day O'Connor is also expected to attend.
Standard YouTube License
- 9:14 Discovery Abuse: An Intervention (part 5)by Bruce Kehoe208 views
- 9:34 Discovery Abuse: An Intervention (part 3)by Bruce Kehoe279 views
- 43:14 Rules of Discoveryby Alvaro Gonzalez165 views
- 1:14:36 Just Melvin, Just Evil - Classic Documentary about Abuseby Arin Kambitsis2,619,432 views
- 53:00 Enterprise eDiscovery & Search in the Cloud with X1 Rapid Discoveryby X1Discovery512 views
- 5:14 Lloyd Lochridge Tribute, Part 1/2by wellsdc134 views
- 8:47 Lowell cop: "Yes, I am abusing my authority" 2012-03-16by DefendersOfWomen705,487 views
- 0:21 3/17/09 continuation of Joshi divorce Trial DV08-01168 Judge Linda Gardnerby NevadaGadfly263 views
- 57:08 Social Media eDiscovery Case Study and Views from the Benchby X1Discovery425 views
- 18:16 Narcissistic Abuse - How It Occurs & How To Overcome It - 1 of 3by Melanie Tonia Evans181,505 views
- 7:19 When the DA refuses to give me discovery, I file for sanctions!by Tactikalguy15,943 views
- 21:19 EARLY CASE EVALUATIONby NetworkTrialLawFirms88 views
- 10:48 Calusa Inn of Court • LOUSE • Part 1by perrilgiafaglione95 views
- 7:26 Lloyd Lochridge Tribute, Part 2/2by wellsdc117 views
- 10:45 Calusa Inn of Court • LOUSE • Part 2by perrilgiafaglione96 views
- 6:13 Motions to Compel - Forcing the Debt Collector to Answer Discoveryby Fightdebt4,540 views
- 2:51 Motion for Discoveryby RobMckinneyLaw767 views
- 11:35 PART 4: PANEL DISCUSSION: IN-HOUSE COUNSEL ON THE HOT SEATby NetworkTrialLawFirms133 views
- 9:11 What Every Businessperson Should Know About E-Discoveryby GeekQueen17,814 views
- 9:06 Discovery Abuse: An Intervention (part 2)by Bruce Kehoe498 views
- Loading more suggestions...