Ron Paul: Defense Bill Establishes Martial Law In America!
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 13, 2011
Congressman condemns "bold, arrogant, dangerous" move to intern Americans without trial
Paul Joseph Watson
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Top tier presidential candidate Ron Paul has decried the 'indefinite detention' provision of the National Defense Authorization Act, warning that it represents an arrogant, bold and dangerous attempt to establish martial law in America.
Speaking with the Alex Jones Show today, Congressman Paul went on the offensive against the bill, which is set to be signed into law by President Obama later this week.
Section 1031 of the NDAA bill, which itself defines the entirety of the United States as a "battlefield," allows American citizens to be snatched from the streets, carted off to a foreign detention camp and held indefinitely without trial. The bill states that "any person who has committed a belligerent act" faces indefinite detention, but no trial or evidence has to be presented, the White House merely needs to make the accusation.
Paul said he saw significance in "the announcement and the arrogance of it all," making reference to the Obama administration's claim that it can now assassinate American citizens anywhere in the world and noting that the passage of the NDAA bill is an effort to codify the policy into law.
"This is a giant step -- this should be the biggest news going right now -- literally legalizing martial law," said Paul, noting that the subject did not come up at all in any of the Republican debates.
The Congressman also decried the "arrogance" of an attempt to push through via a voice vote an amendment that would have still authorized indefinite detention even if a detainee was found innocent after a trial. The amendment was narrowly defeated by his son, Senator Rand Paul.
"This is big," emphasized Paul, adding "This step where they can literally arrest American citizens and put them away without trial....is arrogant and bold and dangerous."
Despite speculation that the Obama administration would veto the bill, it emerged yesterday that it was the White House itself which worked to remove language from the bill that would have protected American citizens from indefinite detention under Section 1031.
The administration has been working with lawmakers to alter a separate provision, Section 1032, which pertains to the military being required to take custody of individuals.
With the administration's concerns over Section 1032 now largely resolved, a revised and final version of the bill could be signed into law before the end of the week.
"The conferees said they plan to bring the bill to the House floor for a vote as soon as Wednesday afternoon and to the Senate soon thereafter," reports Politico.
Despite the revisions, the bill still contains language that allows Americans to be detained without trial at a detention center anywhere in the world.
Republican Congressman Justin Amash has again warned that lawmakers are attempting to mislead the American people by claiming U.S. citizens are exempt from the most dangerous provisions of the bill.
"Pres. Obama and many Members of Congress believe the President ALREADY has the authority the bill grants him. Legally, of course, he does not. This language was inserted to keep proponents and opponents of the bill appeased, while permitting the President to assert that the improper power he has claimed all along is now in statute," writes Amash.
"They will say that American citizens are specifically exempted under the following language in Sec. 1032: "The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States. Don't be fooled. All this says is that the President is not REQUIRED to indefinitely detain American citizens without charge or trial. It still PERMITS him to do so," warns the Congressman.
Amash is encouraging Americans to contact their representatives and sign a petition expressing their opposition to the NDAA bill, calling it "one of the most anti-liberty pieces of legislation of our lifetime."
Standard YouTube License
- 10:44 Obama signs NDAA Martial Lawby StudzLife101 Featured 22,941
- 1:53:40 The Obama Deception HQ Full length versionby ChangeDaChannel13,528,005 views
- 8:42 Secrets of the Royal Wedding Exposed!by TheAlexJonesChannel593,482 views
- 15:15 Explosive! New Ron Paul Video "Bombs" 1/2by TheAlexJonesChannel95,631 views
- 15:01 Ron Paul: People Are Finally Waking Up To The Tyranny 1/2by TheAlexJonesChannel59,031 views
- 13:41 Ron Paul Courageously Speaks the Truthby RonPaul2008dotcom2,320,615 views
- 15:24 Obama to Sign NDAA Bill: Today is The Day America Truly Dies! 1/3by TheAlexJonesChannel34,506 views
- 5:10 Anonymous - Message to the American Peopleby anonymous0421011,015,164 views
- 13:13 33 Catholic Bishops 'Illegal Alien Remarks' is Sedition! - Alex Jones Tuesday Edition 1/2by TheAlexJonesChannel11,646 views
- 15:25 Martial Law Attempt In Louisiana Echoes Ron Paul's Warning 1/4by TheAlexJonesChannel23,840 views
- 5:07 AMERICA IS GONE!! Listen to this... It is over! WAKE UP PLEASE!!!.by nutsarefancy2,234,518 views
- 19:26 Ron Paul Highlights at the Fox News Iowa GOP Debateby RonPaul2008dotcom204,894 views
- 14:46 BREAKING NEWS: GOV. ACTIVATING "FEMA CAMPS" ACROSS U.S.by TheAlexJonesChannel523,120 views
- 14:06 Ron Paul Destroys MSNBC's Alex Wagner On Syriaby djgabrielpresents79,876 views
- 3:42 Rush Limbaugh vs. Alex Jones on Ron Paulby world3info78,500 views
- 14:14 Alex Jones: Senate wants martial law in Americaby RT America110,198 views
- 14:50 Obama to Sign NDAA Bill: Today is The Day America Truly Dies! 2/3by TheAlexJonesChannel17,557 views
- 15:13 Gunter Spens: Military Must Refuse Unconstitutional Orders to Detain American Citizens 1/3by TheAlexJonesChannel17,060 views
- 15:07 'Don Jon' Corzine Spills His Guts to Alex Jones - Infowars Nightly Newsby TheAlexJonesChannel176,823 views
- 14:58 The Secrets of Fat Loss and Super Health Revealed. 1/3by TheAlexJonesChannel43,563 views
- Loading more suggestions...