President Obama Speaks on Libya Attacks that killed US Ambassador(Chris Stevens)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Sep 12, 2012
President Barack Obama used a Wednesday Rose Garden appearance to repeat his administration's opposition to critics of Islam, as he denounced the Sept. 11 killing of four Americans during an Islamist attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya.
"Since our founding, the U.S. has been a nation that respects all faiths and rejects all effort to denigrate the religious beliefs of others," he said, adding that "there is absolutely no justification for this senseless violence."
Obama ignored criticism of his outreach to Islamist advocates in Egypt, Syria and Libya, but did indirectly praise his foreign policy for bring "freedom and dignity" to Arabs in Libya and other countries, and said government fighters help protect the U.S. ambassador.
Instead, Obama portrayed the attack as a non-political criminal event. "We will work with the Libyan government to bring to justice the killers," he said, shortly before he walked back to the Oval Office while ignoring questions from reporters.
Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney offered sharp disapproval of the administration's opposition to criticism of Islam during a hostile press conference held before Obama's event.
The controversy over the administration's policy began Sept. 11, when the embassy in Cairo sought to defuse a protest by criticizing Americans' exercise of free speech.
"The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims -- as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions," said the embassy statement.
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/12/oba...
Standard YouTube License
- 7:06 Joseph Biden Insults The Father of Dead Navy SEAL At A Ceremonyby Promoting Common Sense One Person At A Time Featured 17,103
- 38:15 Obama LIED About Benghazi Attack!!! (Lt. Col. Tony Shaffer Interview)by BelligerentPolitics57,058 views
- 12:14 Murder Of Chris Stevens In Benghazi Attack Ordered By American Military Leadership, Possibly Obamaby HistoricalRecordsVLT23,774 views
- 3:53 John Sununu Tells Soledad O'Brien "Put an Obama Bumper Sticker on Your Head When You Do This"by YouCruising1173,674 views
- 6:37 Benghazi First Criminal Charges Filed Fox Newsby Brenda Battle- Jordan10,378 views
- 1:21 Hannity: Chris Stevens' Body dragged through the streetsby LSUDVM72,743 views
- 14:12 10/10/12 Libya timeline showing lie after lie by Obama administration officialsby Bernard Hess3,245 views
- 8:58 FULL SPEECH: Daily Caller Reporter Heckles President Obama During Immigration Remarksby madbadhadsad18,015 views
- 11:07 Libyan protesters kill American ambassadorby RT America15,559 views
- 1:31 President Obama Interrupted and Irritatedby WinningWebVideo8,738 views
- 18:43 Step-by-step Timeline of Obama Lies on Libya's Attack on the US Consulateby AmericasRealTruth6,482 views
- 1:04 Obama To Romney On Rose Garden Remarks: 'Get The Transcript'by ABC News16,812 views
- 1:32:52 (English Subtitle) Obama vs. Romney First Presidential Debate 2012by Chen Stone60,114 views
- 13:15 Mitt Romney's BIG Libya Mistake is a Parallel To McCain's Campaign Suspension in 2008by politicalarticles6,183 views
- 1:00:27 Gaddafi The Truth About Libya- Documentaryby xBLACKxOPSxSECRETSx274,526 views
- 1:20 Mitt Romney Epic Fail at Presidential Debate on Benghazi Libya Rose Garden 10/17/2012by MerkinMuffly8,144 views
- 1:13 Reporter Heckles Obama In The Rose Gardenby Talk Radio News Service38,061 views
- 6:41 Explosive: Rep. Trey Gowdy Unloads Unreleased Email Exposing Benghazi Coverupby BirtherReportDotCom67,175 views
- 2:05 President Obama Interrupted By Conservative Reporter during immigration speech in the Rose Gardenby strangenewstv33,693 views
- 1:17 President Obama's Libya / Benghazi Rose Garden Speech.movby kricket58836 views
- Loading more suggestions...