Myanmar Embassy Protest, New Delhi; SIO demands justice for Rohingyas Minority
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 26, 2012
New Delhi(26th July, 2012): "The violence and ethnic cleansing of Rohingya Muslims in Burma has reached its peaks. It has never been experienced in any regime that couples have to pay taxes for marriage and for giving birth to their children. SIO demands to Myanmar government to put an end to all kinds of atrocities and persecution of Rohingya Muslims and give them back their citizenship", these thoughts were expressed by Mohd. Azharuddin, National President, Students Islamic Organisation of India (SIO). He was addressing a protest against genocide of Rohingya Muslims at Myanmar Embassy, New Delhi. He questioned the silence of Nobel Laureate for Peace Suu Kyi, "It is agony and surprising that Suu Kyi got Noble Prize for Peace but didn't speak out for peace in her own country".
Anguish and emotions in high spirits were demonstrated during the protest meeting called by various political and social organizations in front of the Myanmar embassy. Leaders of various organizations, while addressing the meeting asked the Myanmar military junta to put immediate end to all kinds of racial apartheid and genocide being perpetrated against minority Rohingya Muslims in Arakkan region and elsewhere. The discrimination and violence against Rohingya people in force for many decades got worse and took an ugly turn this June and has taken the life of thousands, millions have gone missing and many are now displaced, living in inhuman conditions on boats or at no man's land at the border with Bangladesh.
People carrying banners, placards, photos testifying the horror crimes inflicted upon the Rohangyans gathered before the embassy, blocking the entrance and shouted slogans for while. Atul Kumar Anjan, General Secretary of the Communist Party of India asked the Indian government to put pressure on the eastern neighbour to respect human rights and give the Rohangya community back their taken-away citizenship. Kamal Farooqui, General Secretary of the Samajwadi Party lamented on the passive approach of world bodies and nations to the developments in Myanmar. Danish Ali, General Secretary of Janata Dal (S) warned of strong protests later if the Myanmar junta did not reverse its style. Leaders who addressed the protest meeting included Dr. Zafarulm Islam Khan (Welfare Party), Amanatulla (Lok Janshakti Party), Prof. Mohammed Sulaiman (INL), Mohammed Shafee Madani (Jama'at-e-Islami Hind), Dr. Taslim Rehmani (Muslim Political Council), Akhalaq Ahmed (APCR), Dr. SQR.Ilyas and P.C. Hamza (Welafre Party). Later a memorandum was submitted to the Myanmar Ambassador. Besides demands mentioned above, it was asked to stop hate campaigns of fanatic Buddhists against Rohingya, to allow media and relief agencies full and free access to affected areas and initiate reconciliation to bring communal harmony.
A memorandum was also submitted to the UN office asking the world body to put pressure on Myanmar government, to send a fact finding mission to Rakhine province, to dispatch relief and rehabilitation materials and not to allow mass evacuation of Rohingya.
Standard YouTube License
- 4:09 Rohingya refugees leave Burma to seek help in Bangladesh (The world's most forgotten people)by AlterGlobalization's channelFeatured 45,196
- 34:29 The Stream - The plight of the Rohingyaby AlJazeeraEnglish 89,254 views
- 25:13 Inside Story - Why is the world ignoring Myanmar's Rohingya?by Al Jazeera English 215,586 views
- 6:12 The oppression of the (Rohingya) Muslims of Myanmar (Burma): TV report [July 2012; EMOTIONAL]by fazzamin 28,270 views
- 10:24 VOA Town Hall meeting with Burmese gov.- Spokesman U Ye Htutby VOA Burmese News 10,980 views
- 1:12 Muslim Rohingya protest in Bangkokby AlJazeeraEnglish 26,532 views
- 9:07 DVB 26.07.2012 - Documentaryby DVB Burmese 6,684 views
- 3:59 CBN - Myanmar Rakhaing - Muslim clashby Akter Chowdhury 76,656 views
- 2:41 Iranians protest Muslims massacre in Myanmarby AllDunyaNews 3,797 views
- 29:23 Burmese TV Update 05-11-2013by voaclips 13,044 views
- 5:32 Rvision Daily News 17 May-2013by Rohingya VisionTV 4,704 views
- 3:11 RSS leader Karunakara Rai on NE Indians in Railway stationby IndiaWires 1,436 views
- 2:51 ROHINGYA NEWS (RNP) BANGLA NEWS KILL ROHINGYA MUSLIMS IN BURMA e.FLVby Mukhtar Makki 8,615 views
- 5:21 A Muslim refugee girl from Myanmarby twocirclesTV 174,048 views
- 8:40 Rohingya Muslim Man Who Fled from Burma Talking About His Experienceby Study True Islam 5,096 views
- 4:24 Got tear in my eyes while watching this video of Imran Khanby Pak Watan 546,896 views
- 4:08 ABBU.MYANMAR (RNP) FREEDOM FROM FEARby Abbu Myanmar 6,960 views
- 4:39 Myanmar Muslims Protesting in front of Myanmar Embassy Malaysia Peacefully Part 1by iqbal78686 3,400 views
- 1:30 Myanmar Muslims Protesting in front of Myanmar Embassy Malaysia Peacefully Part 4by iqbal78686 9,204 views
- 29:30 Burmese TV Update 05-17-2013by voaclips 8,301 views
- Loading more suggestions...