LA Lakers Vs Phoenix Suns Game 6 NBA PLAYOFFS 2010 5/29/10
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 30, 2010
Lakers:111 Suns:103 .Lakers Win 4-2.Lakers And Celtics Will Be Heading To The Finals.
The end result? The two teams heading to The NBA Finals are the same ones many had forecast way back in October's training camps.
The Lakers will join the Celtics in a Finals matchup of the league's marquee franchises after the Lakers raced past the Suns Saturday night in Phoenix 111-103. L.A. won the Western Conference finals 4-2.
"The challenge is to win a championship," said Kobe Bryant, who scored a game-high 37. "The Celtics are in the way."
The Suns, after two rousing wins in Arizona and a heart-breaking loss in Los Angeles, couldn't quite hang with the Lakers in Game 6.
The weirdest twist of the game was that the Suns invited the mercurial Ron Artest to shoot.
He obliged. Only he surprised everyone by knocking down his perimeter shots. Artest shot 10-for-16 (4-for-7 on 3-pointers) for 25 points.
"The Lord was with him tonight," Lakers coach Phil Jackson said. "The basketball gods were on his side."
Bryant shot 12-for-25, hitting clutch jumpers down the stretch, and knocked down 8-for-10 from the line. "We played great defense on him," Suns coach Alvin Gentry said. "He made tough shot after tough shot.
"I've always thought he was the best player in basketball. I don't think it's even close."
Artest was the wild card, though. His fourth 3-pointer made it 81-67. Moments later, the Lakers led 85-67; the outcome seemed inevitable.
But the Lakers' Sasha Vujacic committed a flagrant foul on fellow Slovenian Goran Dragic. That re-energized a crowd that started out raucous then grew sleepy when the Lakers started to pull away.
On the sideline, Bryant gave Vujacic a heated tongue-lashing. On the floor, Dragic then hit two free throws and two driving layups. That propelled a furious Suns' comeback.
"I thought they were dead in the water at that particular time," Jackson acknowledged.
But, "They were ignited by an incidental play. They jumped into the fray."
With the crowd standing and roaring, the Suns pulled to within 99-96 on a Steve Nash drive with 2:19 left.
Then Bryant knocked down a 21-footer, and -- a short time later, with the Lakers leading 105-100 in the final 40 seconds -- Bryant launched an off-balance 22-footer with the Suns Jared Dudley blanketing him.
He nailed it to seal the Lakers' trip to The Finals. Gentry groaned. Bryant patted him on the rear end.
Artest's stunning sharp-shooting was the biggest reason the Lakers were able to shoot over the Suns' defense, which alternated between zone and man-to-man.
The Lakers hit 10-for-24 on 3-pointers (42 percent) while the Suns shot a modest 9-for-26 (35 percent). The taller Lakers also outrebounded the Suns 41-31.
For the Suns, speculation will begin instantly on the future of Amar'e Stoudemire. He can become a free agent if he, as expected, declines the $17-plus million option year on his contract.
Gentry praised Stoudemire, saying, "Amar'e has worked hard to become better defensively and a better teammate."
Stoudemire had a subpar Game 6. He hit just 7-for-20 shots and -- in part because he often was posted on the perimeter in the Suns' zone -- he hauled down just four rebounds.
On the plus side, he hit 13-for-15 free throws and finished with 27 points. "We didn't give Amare room to drive," Jackson said. "We kept him off his shot."
Nash shot 8-for-11 for 21 points. He had nine assists and just two turnovers. Channing Frye had 12 points and 13 boards off the bench.
Looking back, "This has been the most enjoyable year of my coaching career," Gentry said. "We had high character guys. ... And we played extremely hard.
"I've not been around a team like this, with this chemistry, in my 22 years in the league. There are no negatives. We gave it our all."
Going into the series, Nash said he considered the Lakers were the better team. "But I thought we had a chance to do something special.
"The last four or five days, I've been questioning who the better team is."
"This is as special a group as I've been involved with ... I'm really, really proud ... I'd love to keep [the team] together."
Before the game, Jackson tried to shift the psychological burden to the Suns: "It's not always easy to play in front of your home crowd" in a must-win situation, Jackson said. "It's not as easy as people think."
"That's Phil," Gentry replied when hearing the Zen-Master's comments.
Standard YouTube License
- 12:44 NBA Breakdown: Lakers vs. Suns Triple OT Thriller-Vince Carter Sets The Sunsby BBALLBREAKDOWN Featured 81,598
- 2:15:26 NBA PlayOffs 2013 - San Antonio Spurs VS Miami Heat - Final Game 6 [EN]by WorldofSportsHD17,887 views
- 2:11:36 [HD] 2013 NBA Finals: Game 6 (6/18/13) || Heat vs Spurs || Full Gameby thedwade33333337,831 views
- 18:31 ESPN First Take | Nobody wants to play with Kobe Bryant?by DeadliestArt164,667 views
- 18:05 Kobe Bryant Full Highlights vs Phoenix Suns 2010 WCFby kobefan12413,182 views
- 9:16 Kobe Bryant greatest games: 50pts in game 6 vs Phoenixby mamba938191,771 views
- 5:55 2010 Playoffs Lakers vs Suns Game 5 Highlights - HDby MrCLUTCHautomatic64,520 views
- 9 videos Play all Suns vs Lakers 2010 Game 5by dylanhouck
- 6:54 Goran Dragić score 8 straight points in 1 minuteby ModetopiaModel130,220 views
- 0:52 "Kobe is the best...it's not even close." - Suns Coach Gentryby tezozomoc2001373,368 views
- 9:40 Michael Jordan Full Highlights vs Suns - 55 Points, 1993 Finals Game 4by GD's Latest Highlights57,122 views
- 6:13 2010 NBA Finals Game 3 - Lakers vs Celtics (Laker Highlights Only)by vrod243537,455 views
- 7:17 [NBA ITA] Flavio Tranquillo Federico Buffa - Kobe Bryant | Gara 6 Playoff NBA Lakers-Sunsby LukeNbaItalia11,200 views
- 3:48 LA Lakers Vs Phoenix Suns Game 5 NBA PLAYOFFS 2010 5/27/10by NbaBasketballAllTime94,052 views
- 5:22 LA Lakers Vs Boston Celtics Game 1 NBA FINALS 2010 6/3/10by NbaBasketballAllTime84,192 views
- 7:37 A Free Lesson With: Kobe Bryantby TIME3,493,876 views
- 4:09 NBA Finals 2010 Celtics vs. Lakers Game 1by NBAall147,303 views
- 10:59 Cleveland Cavaliers vs Chicago Bulls 2010 NBA Playoffs game 2 highlightsby legacit9,563 views
- 6:11 Lakers vs Suns Game 6 Western Conference Finals Highlights - Kobe 37 pointsby arch91reborn231,556 views
- 9:32 Goran Dragic show at San-Antoino (2nd round, 3rd game) - part 1/2by AnAvailibleUsername168,488 views