Blues Campbell by the great Luke Ski
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 12, 2012
I had a lot of fun and did a lot of hard work doing this. Warning: not for the faint of heart...
Please give it a "Like", share it freely, and please, subscribe to my channel, there is more coming...
An original blues song, about actor Bruce Campbell and the Evil Dead Trilogy
Lyrics by Luke Sienkowski
© 2010 Luke Sienkowski
Luke says: I may know next to nothing about blues music, but I know a pretty decent amount about everybody's favorite midwest born and raised B-movie actor, Bruce Campbell. So with some excellent musical fakery by Ben Stahl of the MusicIANs and mastering by Chris Mezzolesta, I was able to write and record this pendulum-stopping tribute to Bruce, primarily focusing of course on his role as 'Ash' in the Evil Dead / Army of Darkness films. So have a happy Halloween, douse yourself in some red-food-coloring-laden Karo Syrup, and "Come get some."
[4 measure intro]
A long time ago 'cross the border of Tennessee,
In the woods in a cabin, just a few good friends and me.
Got my girlfriend Linda, thought we'd soon head to bed.
Til we played a tape of some guy readin' the Book of the Dead.
Now Scotty's possessed, from his sockets slime gushes.
The woods are alive and they trimmed Cheryl's bushes.
Chopping up Shelley and burying her to me once seemed brash,
But after one night in this cabin, you can all kiss my Ash!
Decapitated Linda with a shovel, while the rest just turned to ooze. (spoken: While I'm composing, they're decomposing!)
I got the Necronomiconexmortis bodily dismemberment Kandarian blues
That shaky-cam demon snuck up on me quick.
Now I'm flyin' through the forest while Sam Raimi hits me with a stick.
The bridge was out, so I ended up stranded.
My right limb got possessed, man those demons are underhanded.
"Who's laughing now?" I said as I chopped it off at the wrist.
Now my right hand is a chainsaw, I got my shotgun, and I'm pissed.
Henrietta the heinous horror hag is screamin' out with bliss,
"I'll swallow your soul!" So I told her, "Swallow this!" [SFX: Shotgun blast!]
Sucked the demons into a vortex, and me too, facin' a fate I can't refuse. (spoken: For God's sake, how do you stop it?)
I got the "The Evil Dead", "Evil Dead II", "Army Of Darkness", starring Bruce Campbell blues.
[12 measure guitar and/or piano solo - the singer shouts various things:]
Time for a solo! Ted! Gimmie some sugar, baby!
Make love, the Bruce Campbell way!
Oh, that's just what we call pillow talk, baby!
Hey, don't touch my car, it's a classic!
The gore the merrier!
Keep the blood running down the screen!
...All right, you primitive screwheads, listen up!
Used to work at S-Mart, was a normal kind of guy.
Now I'm a 14th Century hero, the prophesized "man from the sky".
Defeating the Pit Bitch got their attention quick.
So I held up my sawed-off and told them, "This, is my BOOMSTICK!"
In a windmill fighting mini-mes, this Shempin' isn't fun.
My bad clone called me goodie two-shoes. "Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."
Said "Klaatu Barada Ni-*cough*!", which is a reference to some old movie.
Raised an army of Deadites, then slaughtered them all. Man it was pretty groovy!
Now I'm back workin' at S-Mart, fighting witches who are shopping for shoes. (spoken: That's aisle 13, next to Houewares!)
I got the "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah." blues.
I got the 8-millimeter Great Bogus Monkey Pignut Swindle Michigan blues.
I got the "Hercules: The Legendary Journeys", "Xena: Warrior Princess", Autolycus blues
I got the "The Adventures Of Brisco County Junior", "Jack Of All Trades", "Spider-Man" blues
I got the "The Man With The Screaming Brain", "Bubba Ho-Tep" "Fanalysis" blues.
[regular song tempo stops, blues sting between every title said by singer]
I got the Crimewave! Maniac Cop! Moontrap! Lunatics: A Love Story!
Mindwarp! Hudsucker Proxy! Congo! Escape From L.A.!
McHale's Navy! Love Bug! Serving Sara! Sky High!
My... Name... Is... Bruce.
Oh, yeah! Hail to the king, baby!
Spooky voices: JOIN US! JOIN US! JOIN US!...
Ash: *crazy laughter*
Standard YouTube License
- 0:06 Bruce Campbell harassing Tiffani Thiessen at 2011 USA upfronts in NYCby TheTVJunkieDotNetFeatured 25,951
- 9:57 Army Of Darkness - Deleted Scenesby TONY92FR 121,221 views
- 9:46 Bruce Campbell: Interviewed by Craig Fergusonby chinscankill 30,291 views
- 10:22 Burn Notice bloopersby WentworthMillerPB 363,868 views
- 5:45 Bruce Campbell- What was it like banging Lucy Lawless?/Low Budget/ Zombie Moviesby rileyc515 12,117 views
- 4:26 Dan Marcotte (Dan the Bard) - This One Time at Bard Campby Jon Wiedyk 1,748 views
- 3:05 Army of Darkness (10/10) Movie CLIP - Hail to the King, Baby (1992) HDby MOVIECLIPS 180,657 views
- 5:26 The Hudsucker Proxy || Plexiglass Imbecile || HQby nedsrubiquitous 14,436 views
- 2:49 Freddy vs. Jason Vs. Ashby Ryanshadow01 664,085 views
- 1:27:36 Masters Of Horror A Documentary Hosted By Bruce Campbellby Neil Bowyer 181,064 views
- 4:37 Fanboyby nnaylime 1,078 views
- 7:04 Bruce Campbell, Unexpurgated (Part Two)by Devin Pike 26,388 views
- 2:42 Neil deGrasse Tyson: Bringing Commercial Space Fantasies Back to Earthby bigthink 87,635 views
- 4:15 Bruce Campbell and Ted Raimiby cannibalfreak 77,876 views
- 3:45 Carrie Underwood - Jesus, Take The Wheelby carrieunderwoodVEVO 12,511,950 views
- 3:05 Bruce Campbell, Unexpurgated (Part Four)by Devin Pike 20,132 views
- 3:47 Kenny Loggins - Footlooseby Teff Balmer 66,017 views
- 3:16 Army of Darkness (4/10) Movie CLIP - Little Clones (1992) HDby movieclips 90,644 views
- 2:02 Bruce Campbell Little Goody Two Shoesby bouvrie2 50,727 views
- 6:52 Bruce Campbell, Unexpurgated (Part One)by Devin Pike 42,814 views
- Loading more suggestions...