Published on Feb 4, 2013
Exclusive interview with Guha Bala, Studio Head Skylanders Swap Force. Activision unveil Skylanders: Swap Force in New York event. The new Skylanders console game introduces a new toy with a swappable torsos, more returning and light-core Skylanders and some new characters. Plus, they finally work out how to jump.
16 Swap Force
- Magna Charge: Tech Character can pick up destructible objects (like the Giants) and enemies as well as Gatling Gun and a speed wheel.
- Wash Buckler: Water Octopus Pirate with Cutlass and Bubble-gun to encase enemies. Tentical attacks on the base.
- Blast Zone: Fire Character with rocket boots to move and attack as well as other fire missile attacks.
Nine Swap Force combinations possible with above three figures: Magna Charge, Magna Buckler, Magna Zone, Wash Charge, Wash Buckler, Wash Zone, Blast Charge, Blast Zone, Blast Buckler, Blast Zone
8 New Lightcore
16 Series 3 Returning from Giants and Spyro's Adventure
- Stealth Elf
16 new core Skylanders
- Rollerbrawl: Undead character, roller derby girl. Claw attack and skate around and headbutt or attack with her roller blades and clothesline attack.
- Countdown: Fire character, Rocket arms, throw is head as a bomb.
There will also be new items and location pieces for Swap Force.