"Be the Media" for the 99 Percent - join a Coffee Party Social Media Team
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on May 18, 2012
Step 1: Go to http://news.coffeepartyusa.com/ (and hit "follow").
Step 2: Create a profile. Go http://www.scoop.it/ and click on the blue button that says "Sign up for free." It allows you to use the information you've already entered into your Facebook or Twitter account, or, you can start anew.
[NOTE: If you are at http://news.coffeepartyusa.com/ the "join scoop.it" button at the top doesn't always work. We've let Scoop.it know they need to fix that.]
After you've add a photo, and described yourself on your profile page, create a topic page where all of your content will go (without having to have it approved by one of our curators). This way, even if not every post you suggest is chosen for one of our pages, those that ARE chosen will allow readers to click on to your own topic page where all your content is displayed.
Step 3: Suggest Content. Go back to News.CoffeePartyUSA.com or one of our other news pages and suggest content by hitting the "Suggest" button at the top. If you are interested in multiple topics, you can suggest an item to more than one page. For instance, an article for Coffee Party Immigration might have broad economic implications, and be appropriate also for Coffee Party News.
Step 4: Connect Your Networks to your Scoop.it profile. While in the process of suggesting or adding content, Scoop.it will prompt you to connect your to other social networks that you are logged in to at the time (Facebook, Twitter, etc). Start by clicking on the "More" button at the bottom of the "suggest" box. Once your social networks are connected, a checkbox will allow you to decide on a case-by-case basis whether content goes on Scoop.it only, or on Scopp.it plus your other social networks.
Step 5: Add Your Own Touch. Whether its your own website or someone else's that you want to point to, Scoop.it allows you to choose from the photos that are on the web page you are sharing. Scoop.it also allows you to upload your own photo from your computer.
Coffee Party pages have a style guide that includes things like (1) always including a by-line listing the author and publication and (2) always include at least the first two paragraphs of an article so that readers are not forced to click a second time to learn what the article is about. If you sign-up to become an official part of our team, we'll send you a more detailed style guide that will make it more likely that your content suggestions are "scooped" and share in our network.
Step 6: Choose Scoop.it pages that share your focus. Familiarize yourself with the topics that are being curated by Coffee Party members. Figure out what kind of stuff normally goes up there, and ask yourself what you can add.
Step 7: Keep Track of Your Progress. Your profile will let you know how many people you have brought into the Coffee Party News network.
How do you get more more hits? Suggest content often and on multiple pages, and not just in the Coffee Party Network. Your content is more likely to be shared by others in the Coffee Party community if it is: fact-based, civil, relevant, informative, engaging, well-formatted, and with proper attribution (listing the author and the publication when you cite someone else's work). If you don't follow these steps, we'll may not be able to share your content, or, we'll not share it until we have time to conform it to our style guide.
Standard YouTube License
- 5:08 Dining Etiquette Part 2.m4vby Jennifer BuzzeoFeatured 1,380
- 1:23:37 Hal Ziegler 1932-2012 —Former Michigan State Senator Dies at 80by coffeepartyusa 521 views
- 2:38 Annabel's Mom Backs Obama, Calls for Unity, Calls Out Republicans in Congressby coffeepartyusa 5,882 views
- 2:18 Jessica English responds to Affordable Healthcare Ruling by US Supreme Courtby coffeepartyusa 1,561 views
- 4:56 Col. Larry Wilkerson on Lies, The Iraq War & Vietnam — Coffee Party Radioby coffeepartyusa 149 views
- 44:31 Heart Centered Networking ~ Twitter Rocks!by Malathy Drew 2,023 views
- 9:51 How to start a revolution: Learn from Iceland!by THEDUMBPLANET 138,715 views
- 5:42 John Pilger: Obama worked for CIAby NowForTruth 2,157 views
- 4:13 CNN Omits 'Coffee Party' Founder's Past Connections to Obamaby countryboy1949 2,640 views
- 3:04 Social Media Expert Uses Cardone to Get Movie Dealby Grant Cardone 4,123 views
- 3:24 Paint it Black by The Rolling Stones on Guitar - How to Playby How To Play Any Song 144,977 views
- 1:28 We are the 99 percent - trailerby Shabnam Hameed 2,341 views
- 15:00 Public "Education" has become indoctrination and distractionby Ry Dawson 282,125 views
- 2:25 The OWS The TeaParty Unite?!!by StormCloudsGathering 30,057 views
- 8:32 Robert Mangabeira Unger - "Beyond Obama"by Roberto Mangabeira Unger 218,149 views
- 2:13 A Foley Makes It Sound Just Rightby ABQJournal 9,668 views
- 2:52 Yuna - Coffeeby cihank86 286,110 views
- 1:52 Is Coffee Good For You? - How Stuff Worksby DiscoveryTV 163,007 views
- 12:02 30 Steps to Becoming a Better Business Communication Instructorby BoveeandThill 3,514 views
- 2:33 Getting started with Scoop.it - Quick How toby Eldad Sotnick-Yogev No views
- Loading more suggestions...