The Wahabi Myth - The Life of Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahhab - Jalal Abualrub
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 29, 2011
This lecture was presented by Jalal Abualrub (more info on his web site http://www.islamlife.com/religion2/) on the life of Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab (may Allah have mercy on him), it answers many questions to the lies and misconceptions that have been spread concerning this great Hanbali scholar of Islam such as-
Who was Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahhab and what was his mission?
What do these terms mean: Salafiyyah, Salafis, Wahhabiyyah and Wahhabis? Who use these terms and why?
Why did Wahhabis start Jihad against their fellow Muslims?
Is Wahhabiyyah a new, misguided sect? Was 'Wahhabiyyah' a reformist movement or a new creed intent on destroying Islam?
Jalal Abualrub is also the authour of the book (Biography and Mission of Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab) in which he did extensively researched biography and explanation of Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahhab's mission.
This is an important research that contains quotes from many Western and Eastern writers and historians about a movement that presently evokes a variety of emotions in those who hear about it.
It is known that Shaykh Muhammad ibn 'Abd Al-Wahhaab (may Allaah have mercy on him) called people to Tawheed and he wrote his famous book on that topic which is called Kitaab al-Tawheed. In this book he limited himself to quoting only the clear evidence from the verses of the Qur'aan and the saheeh ahaadeeth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Commentaries on this book were written by his grandson 'Abd al-Rahmaan ibn Hasan and other scholars. Hence none of his opponents can refute this book or claim that his evidence is false. They fabricated lies and believed them, so they believed that he was misguided. They gave the same label to the scholars of the Muslims such as Shaykh Ibn Baaz and Shaykh al-Albaani (may Allaah have mercy on them both). It is known that the shaykhs whom we have mentioned did not deviate from the correct view with regard to beliefs and actions; they followed the same path as the Sahaabah and Taabi'een, the four imaams, the authors of the Six Books and others. Those who do not acknowledge them do that either out of ignorance, blind imitation of others, jealousy, stubbornness or following their own whims and desires, or adherence to traditions, bid'ah (innovation) and evil actions that go against the evidence (of sharee'ah). Earlier and later scholars have proven such people to be wrong. So we must follow the evidence and give it priority over the views of all people.
It is obligatory upon the Muslim to follow the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), according to the way of the righteous salaf who followed the guidance of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), the Sahaabah and those who followed them -- may Allaah be pleased with them all. These people are called Ahl al-Sunnah wa'l-Jamaa'ah (the People of the Sunnah and the Community). Everyone who follows the way brought by the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is one of them. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) brought the message of Tawheed (absolute Oneness of Allaah) and rejection of shirk (polytheism, or association of others with Allaah); he called people to worship Allaah alone and none other. With regard to the word "Wahhaabis", some people use this word to refer to the message of Shaykh Muhammad ibn 'Abd al-Wahhaab ibn Sulaymaan al-Tameemi al-Hanbali (may Allaah have mercy on him), and they call him and his followers Wahhaabis. Everyone who has any knowledge of the movement of Shaykh Muhammad ibn 'Abd al-Wahhaab (may Allaah have mercy on him) and his message knows that he sought to spread the message of pure Tawheed and to warn against shirk in all its forms, such as attachment to the dead, or to trees and rocks, etc. In his 'aqeedah (belief), he was following the way of the righteous Salaf and the Taabi'een [i.e., the earliest generations of Islam], as is indicated by his books and fatwas, and the books of his followers among his sons and grandsons and others. All of these books are in print and are in circulation among the people. His message was in accordance with the Book of Allaah and the Sunnah of His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Wahhaabism is not a new way or a new school of thought; rather it is a call to Tawheed and the revival of aspects of the religion that had been forgotten. What you have to do is to beware of those who warn you against the Wahhaabis, because they are warning you against following the truth and the early generation of this ummah. Applying the word "Wahhaabis" to those who adhere to correct belief and warning people against them is the way of the ignorant and biased.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:38:07 The Life and Struggles of Ibn Taymiyyah - Abu Usamah At-Thahabiby khalifahklothing Featured 15,866
- 1:58:44 The Devil's Cloak: The Dangers of Bidah - Abdur Rahman Dimashqiahby khalifahklothing14,150 views
- 49:37 Repentance (Tawbah) - Haitham Al-Haddadby khalifahklothing10,339 views
- 1:40:33 Jinns and Exorcism in Islam - Abu Muhammadby khalifahklothing225,272 views
- 1:18:13 Exposing Wahabism? - Abu Mussab Wajdi Akkariby WarnABrotherMedia27,562 views
- 56:16 Dispelling the Myth -- Who was Muhammad bin Abdul Wahhab? Sheikh Faisal Al-Jasimby GreenLaneMosque3,175 views
- 56:26 The Life of Shaykh Muhammad ibn Abdil Wahhaab | Shaykh Saalih al Fawzanby CallForTawheed10,130 views
- 26 videos Play all Exposing Wahhabismby Rakib937
- 51:22 Moderation in Sexuality: Celibacy and Free Love - Kamal El-Mekkiby khalifahklothing50,833 views
- 47:25 The Names and Attributes of Allah - Yasir Qadhiby khalifahklothing20,007 views
- 6:05 wahabi fitna ziyaratful_s Channel_3.flvby sunilarka7861,790 views
- 3:31 Can Muslim men disrespect non-Muslim women? - Q&A - Sh. Hussain Yeeby IslamNetVideo9,579 views
- 55:24 Dood Culus Suufi Iyo Salafi 06/03/2013by MrJamil2729,847 views
- 27:52 Top 8 Reasons why Jesus Christ is not the "Son of God" - TheDeenshowby TheDeenShowTV20,936 views
- 7:42 ISRAR AHMAD CLEAN BOWLED BY MOBASHER LUQMANby Fazal Ahmadi347,096 views
- 1:49:41 BBC DOCUMENTARY on The life of The last Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)by SubmitYourWill2Allah217,047 views
- 6:11 SAUDI WAHABI - Ahlul Bayt's Graves VS Sunni Scholars and Imams' Graves - SHIA SUNNI MUST WATCHby Syed Imran Rizvi196,101 views
- 36:11 Holding on to Hot Coal by Murtaza Khanby khalifahklothing13,370 views
- 26:24 Britain & Wahhabismby PressTVGlobalNews9,817 views
- 1:58:15 PATHAPIRIYAM SAMVADAM PART 3 Faisal moulavi and Abdhurahman salafiby Haneen Bin Ashraf K7,807 views