Published on Mar 21, 2012
RaiderZ is a free to play 3D fantasy monster Hunter-style action MMORPG based on a non-targeting system. It is developed by MAIET Entertainment and published by Perfect World Entertainment Inc.
RaiderZ is one of the new games that has non-targeting system. This means that players will have direct control over their characters and progress during battle instead of the traditional "point-and-click" gameplay style. RaiderZ It has a gameplay which requires user's skill and control to hit and evade as shown on the screen at the mouse cursor less environment.
RaiderZ reminds a lot of Monster Hunter in terms of its structure. Weapons and armor in RaiderZ are crafted from components gathered from monsters, especially massive, tough to kill boss monsters. Unlike some other games that are session-based and designed to be consumed in 15 minute chunks, Raiderz is a full-fledged MMO.
There are NO class system. But among over 350 skills(for Open Beta version) the users can use points to the skills that the user wish to learn and create a character of their own. The intention was to break out the restrictions of other traditional MMORPG system and enhance the quality of gameplay experience. For example it is possible to have a magician to use "Fireball" wearing plate armor or a priest who can use "Sneak".
Although your gear is crafted, you're not necessarily restricted to using what you brought with you in battle. When some enemies are attacked they have a chance of dropping whatever weapon they're carrying (like a troll wielding a club) or having something break off (like a treant losing a branch). Then you can pick up the dropped object and wield it as your weapon for a short time. The weapon acts like a buff, and shows up as such in your buff-bar, and although not all enemy-dropped items are worthwhile
The monsters or quests won't give any equipment or money as reward. Even the shops will have limited types of items and the users will have to find the "Artisan" NPCs to acquire the items. The item collecting should now be fun and convenient, and it should give infinite motivations to play for the game players.
- Battle actions, like attacking and evading, happen by the player directly and in real time at MMORPG environment. The game excludes elements like Random Or Auto Play. The basic game screen does not display the mouse cursor. All basic movements are controlled by the player. The size of one field is approx 1 km by 1 km and there will be 24 of these field released for the open beta test.
- Epic Monsters are one of the main features of the game. Sixteen different epic monsters appear throughout the game. These battles occur not only in the instant field, but also int he open field. Players are able to see each other's battles and lend a helping hand in them if you see it fit. Unlike most games, the Epic Monster raid is not made for the end-content of the game. Epic monsters can be encountered throughout the game, each with various looks and behaviors.
- The players might get involved in their war during the gameplay. By siding with one clan, not just PvE environment changes but also it gets possible to PK with other players who have allied with the opposite clan. The Quest PvP system means that the player doesn't need to choose a side at the point of creation but it is based on faction to give unique entertainment. This means that if the player no longer wants to be sided with the clan he or she is currently siding now, the player can take certain actions so the opponent clan feels friendly toward the player to reverse the faction and change the ally. Since the conflict forces are set differently according to the maps, today's ally may become tomorrow's foe.
Monster Mash Grappling System:
- The monsters in Rendel won't just kindly knock you about: these colossal beasts will throw you, crush you and eat you alive! Dodge and parry to avoid their crushing blows and razor-sharp teeth.
Fight Monster with Monster:
- With Conquest Crafting, explore the wonders of Rendel on a quest for the most powerful gear imaginable. Hunt terrifying monsters and turn their claws, horns and other deadly body parts into your own weapons!
Choose Your Weapon:
- Characters are customizable to fit players' preferred type of play. Select different types of weapons, skills and their associated combat styles and take on the role of The Defender, The Cleric, The Berserker or The Sorcerer.
Official site: http://raiderz.perfectworld.com/
Standard YouTube License