Holiday Cooking: Sicilian Fig Cookies - Part II
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 23, 2008
Clara's Holiday Special!
Cucidati Fig Cookies Part I
Cucidati Cookies (Sicilian Cookies by Clara)
Boil 2 cups of water and add 1/2 cups sugar. Let cook.
3/4 cups shelled hazel nuts
1/2 cups shelled almonds
1/2 cups shelled walnuts
1/2 cups shelled pecans
Toast all nuts on cookie sheet separately (different nuts take different times to toast).
Grind together with nuts:
1/2 lb. diced candied fruit
1/4 lb. dark raisins
1/4 lb. light raisins
1/4 lb. dates (pitted)
1 orange with rind
1 dried tangerine with rind
2 lbs. figs or (2 packages or atleast 14 oz. apiece)
Mix well all the ground ingredients.
Add 1/2 or 3/4 of the cooled sugar water to make a nice soft mixture (be careful not to make it too soft).
Save the rest of the sugar water mixture.
Add 1/2 cup whiskey to ground ingredients.
Mix well and let stand overnight. Keep in a fridge or cool place.
You may need to add the sugar-water the next day.
10 cups flour
1 lb lard
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup cold milk
2 heaping table spoons baking powder
1 table spoon vanilla
Work flour and lard like you would pie crust.
Melt sugar in milk.
Beat egg and add vanilla.
When flour and lard are mixed well, add baking powder, then add the other ingredients and mix until you have a nice liable dough.
Let stand at least one hour, or this can be made the day before. Cover with a clean dish towel and put in the fridge or a cool place.
Fill with filling (you can use a pastry bag). Cut and bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 350 until golden brown.
If you like icing, mix milk, powdered sugar and a teaspoon of vanilla (preferably white vanilla). Brush on cookies and sprinkle with little colored candies.
COMPLETE INGREDIENT LIST
-Little colored candies for topping
-Filbert nuts (or Hazel nuts)
-1 Tangerine rind
-2 packages of figs or at least 14oz. apiece
Standard YouTube License
- 6:50 Great Depression Cooking - The Poorman's Mealby Great Depression CookingFeatured 598,495
- 8:27 Holiday Cooking with Clara - Artichokes - 2009by Great Depression Cooking 44,685 views
- 8:25 Holiday Cooking: Sicilian Fig Cookies - Part Iby Great Depression Cooking 95,443 views
- 6:32 Great Depression Cooking - Pasta with Peasby Great Depression Cooking 623,959 views
- 6:14 Great Depression Cooking - Depression Breakfastby DepressionCooking 642,546 views
- 45 videos Play all COOKING ALL THINGSby JNLatham
- 7:46 Great Depression Cooking - Poorman's Feastby Great Depression Cooking 432,173 views
- 5:42 Great Depression Cooking - Peppers and Eggs (part 1)by Great Depression Cooking 218,890 views
- 9:37 An Afternoon with Claraby Great Depression Cooking 46,924 views
- 7:53 Great Depression Cooking - Italian Iceby DepressionCooking 63,162 views
- 7:37 Great Depression Cooking - Tomato Sauceby Great Depression Cooking 107,161 views
- 6:51 Great Depression Cooking - Egg Drop Soupby DepressionCooking 324,861 views
- 7:05 Holiday Cooking with Clara - Holiday Biscotti - 2010by Great Depression Cooking 71,737 views
- 1:36 MVL #203 East Utica- Malio makes Pizzelleby Mohawk Valley Living 36,631 views
- 4:49 Great Depression Cooking - Clara Answers Your Questionsby Great Depression Cooking 86,552 views
- 9:05 Great Depression Cooking - Couscousby Great Depression Cooking 67,523 views
- 0:37 Happy 96th Birthday Claraby DepressionCooking 54,322 views
- 5:06 How It's Made Fig Cookiesby thatsmynamedude 386,116 views
- 8:14 The Fabulous Figby Ken Love 47,785 views
- 1:57 Great Depression Cooking DVDby DepressionCooking 134,325 views
- 4:19 Easiest Cookies EVER!!!by PrincessDiana161 302,651 views
- Loading more suggestions...