Doctor Who - Fish Fingers and Custard, Feast of Fiction Ep. 16
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 1, 2012
RT: http://bit.ly/L5y0nA Facebook: http://on.fb.me/JAJ8oX
Fish Fingers and Custard
1-2lbs of cod or any other light fish
1 cup of flour
1-2 eggs (1 egg for 1 lb of fish, 2 eggs for 2 lbs)
1 cup of seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper (to taste)
4 egg yolks
1/2 cup of sugar
1 tbsp white flour
2 cups of milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Lemon zest (grated rind of 1/2 to 1 lemon)
Fish Fingers: cut your fish into fish finger sized chunks. The thicker they are, the easier they will be to cook. The width and length should be around the size of two fingers held together. Once you've cut up your fish, create an assembly line starting with your flour, then your beaten egg(s), then your seasoned bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. You can add salt and pepper to taste in your eggs.
Dip the fish fingers into the flour just covering the surface. Knock off an extra flour. Immerse the entire finger into the beaten eggs. Knock off any extra eggs that hang on. Roll the finger in the bread crumbs and cheese until all the surfaces are equally covered. Again, knock off any extra crumbs or cheese that stick to the surface.
Prepare a medium or large non-stick skillet or pan and add a layer of vegetable oil the bottom. You'll want the oil to be deep enough to go a quarter of the ways up the fish finger when you put them in to cook.
Heat the oil on medium high. Once it's sufficiently hot, carefully place your fish fingers around the pan. Some oil may jump out at you, so don't splash your fish fingers in when placing them or you'll end up with some painful burns. After about 2-3 minutes (depending on the heat), your fish fingers will brown. Flip the cooked side over and cook the remainder of the fish finger until all sides have been browned.
Take the fish fingers off the stove and place them on a napkin or paper towel to soak up any extra oil.
Custard: Combine the egg yolks and sugar in a medium saucepan. Stir until combined. Add in the flour and stir until combined.
In a separate saucepan, add the milk, vanilla extract, and lemon zest. Heat until the milk mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat and slowly add to egg yolk and sugar/flour mixture while stirring constantly.
Once the two have combined, place on low heat and simmer, stirring often until the mixture takes on a custard like consistency.
Serve together! Eat well! Keep on time traveling'!
Send us things!
Feast of Fiction
PO Box 862272
Los Angeles, CA 90086
Download the Soundtrack:
Standard YouTube License
Next in Feast of Fiction
- 7:15 How to make Korean ramen ("ramyeon":라면)by Maangchi Featured 146,145
- 6:48 Onigiri - Fruits Basket, Spirited Away, Pokemon, Feast of Fiction Ep. 17by Feast Of Fiction222,562 views
- 5:46 Portal Cake! It's Not a Lie! Feast of Fiction Ep. 14by Feast Of Fiction298,681 views
- 6:40 Narnia - Turkish Delight ft Sorted Food! Feast of Fiction Ep. 19by Feast Of Fiction242,789 views
- 4:22 MINECRAFT MUSHROOM STEW - Feast of Fiction S2 Ep11by Feast Of Fiction163,710 views
- 4:29 BACON PANCAKES, Adventure Time S2 Ep12by Feast Of Fiction351,340 views
- 6:36 AMBROSIA NECTAR & SQUARES, Percy Jackson, Feast of Fiction S2 Ep6by Feast Of Fiction132,089 views
- 4:15 EVERYTHING BURRITO! Adventure Time, Feast of Fiction Ep. 21by Feast Of Fiction277,549 views
- 4:44 Pokemon Poffins, Feast of Fiction Ep. 12by Feast Of Fiction465,236 views
- 40 videos Play all Feast of Fictionby feastoffiction
- 4:33 BRAINCAKE!! The Walking Dead S2 Ep2by Feast Of Fiction163,036 views
- 3:30 Harry Potter Butterbeer, Feast of Fiction Ep. 2by Feast Of Fiction429,845 views
- 3:01 TF2 Heavy's Sandvich, Team Fortress 2, Feast of Fiction Ep. 8by Feast Of Fiction235,255 views
- 4:43 NARUTO ICHIRAKU RAMEN - Feast of Fiction S2 Ep10by Feast Of Fiction285,155 views
- 4:55 SUPER MARIO MUSHROOMS! MINI Feast of Fiction S2 Ep13by Feast Of Fiction138,796 views
- 6:38 Doctor Who - Fish Fingers and Custardby SORTED Food113,768 views
- 3:09 Skyrim's Sunlight Souffle, Feast of Fiction Ep. 1by Feast Of Fiction408,405 views
- 6:19 MARSHMALLOW FONDANT! Feast of Fiction S2 Ep15by Feast Of Fiction131,625 views
- 3:05 PONYO NOODLES / RAMEN! Feast of Fiction S2 Ep14by Feast Of Fiction146,661 views