31-4-31-4-HOPE: THE EXTRA sMILE for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 25, 2013
31 4 31 4 HOPE: THE EXTRA sMILE: http://www.hoedlshaven.com/2013HOPESM...
As you probably know, I've been marathoning, endurance running and mountain climbing for quite some time... it's a part of my spirit that yearns for it - the challenge, the dedication to a singular focus and the view at the finish. As well, I have remained an advocate for a number of selfless organizations committed to singular focus of assisting those most in need. St. Jude Children's Research Hospital was a passionate cause that my father supported and one he introduced to me as a young man. Since that time, I have donated my own personal funds, run multitudes of charity runs and have dedicated a portion of all proceeds from my personal book sales and video productions to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital because I believe deeply in its purpose of allowing no child to die the dawn of their life. St. Jude is unlike any other pediatric treatment and research facility; discoveries made there have completely changed how the world treats children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases. Please take a moment to view this, my latest video, that further explains my mission and journey.
As well, since my return to Fargo, ND in 2003 and becoming a father to our four children, I was introduced to another wonderful selfless organization: Dakota Medical Foundation's LEND A HAND Program. From first-hand experience in working with this agency for the past five years, I have come to support its purpose as well: helping caring community members raise funds for families experiencing a medical crisis. It is a local/regional agency that has helped transform seemingly hopeless situations into wonderful and selfless acts of hopeful support and recovery.
It is because of my love for these two agencies' mission, that I am hitting the road once again. Actually, I haven't left the road - having run a back-to-back 10K race and marathon in late May and then turning my attention down the road to Chicago, Illinois. More specifically, the 2013 Chicago Marathon occurring on Sunday, October 13, 2013. It is my mission to train for the 2013 Chicago Marathon, and in the process of that training, I am planning to complete 31 half-marathons in prayerful dedication to the 31 victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School and 2013 Boston Marathon tragedies... victims that didn't have a chance to fully share their personal gifts with this world. I am entitling this journey "31 4 31 4 HOPE" - 31 half-marathons for these 31 souls in an effort to raise donations for both the Dakota Medical Foundation - Lend A Hand program and the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital... monies that can help save and extend lives so they can fully share their personal gifts with this world. For each half-marathon that I receive a finisher's medal, I will donate each of these medals to the North Dakota Chapter of the Medals4Mettle Program that I coordinate.
If you are not able to donate, please keep me in your prayers as I make my way through the 406 miles of half-marathons and 400 miles of training... as well please also offer up your prayers for the young patients and families involved in the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and the DMF - Lend a Hand Program.
Standard YouTube License
- 14:00 Tips for and Sights of Your 2014 Disney World Half and Full Marathonsby Lee Hoedl133 views
- 14:21 YangShuo ! (HD) Li River, YuLong River bamboo rafting and cruise plus cycling and hot-air balooningby bjkina5,879 views
- 6:56 Every Cancer Can be Cured in Weeks explains Dr. Leonard Coldwellby iHealthTube.com1,035,016 views
- 9:53 Josh Manfred 11 Year Old Quarterback from Houston Texas 1st Year SR Divisionby joshmanfredjr9,225 views
- 7:55 Hope for hopelessby Japentro643 views
- 6:59 Justin Performing at St Judeby Bill Townsend29,636 views
- 6:58 NFL Top 10 Quarterbacks 2012-2013by Matthew Bridges65,756 views
- 52:46 5peaks trail running race preview HD versionby xczonetv4,644 views
- 4:49 Crosby Stills & Nash - Southern Cross (Remastered/lyrics)by tdalaska176,747 views
- 1:47 A look inside St. Jude Children's Research Hospitalby NBCActionNews1,033 views
- 9:27 Josh Manfred 10 Year Old Quarterback 2012 Houston Texas from Humble Atascocita Youth Footballby joshmanfredjr774,569 views
- 14:12 Memphis QB Jacob Karam plays piano live on The Chris Vernon Showby ChrisVernonShow59,181 views
- 6:36 We're the Millers Funniest Scenes/Lines HDby crazymoviekid463,035 views
- 5:15 2013 John Paul II Catholics Schools FILL THE DOME Food Drive Effortby Lee Hoedl195 views
- 4:33 St. Jude's Children's Hospital - Carson's Storyby Andre Bernier1,526 views
- 4:32 Jennifer Aniston Finds Out About Ellen and Portia's Marriageby TheEllenShow4,314,318 views
- 3:43 Dax's Cancer Storyby beachblndxo805159,027 views
- 5:12 5 year old quarterback "The Next Mike Vick" Aguilas 2011by jaime58252,964,647 views
- 2:59 Jacob Karam Plays Duet With 11-Year-Old Cancer Victim Breanna Bercegeayby EntertainmentEpicFail!!!1,500 views
- 15:00 2013 Nativity Elementary School Advent Program ABRIDGEDby Lee Hoedl3 views
- Loading more suggestions...