Ithaca Cortland Lawyer Explains DWI Driver's License Suspension and Revocation
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 20, 2011
There are numerous periods of driver's license suspensions during a DWI case. The main difference between a suspension and revocation is the revocation cancels your license. License revocation after your DWI matter is completed (with the Court) requires that you go to the DMV, and actively pursue a new license.
If you do not re-instate your privileges you may face further criminal charges if you are found to be driving on a revoked license. This is true even for people with out of state licenses who had New York State DWIs.
Always consult with an attorney about any criminal or non-criminal charges you have pending to discuss your options and/or defenses.
Originally, born and raised in Brooklyn, NY. My father was a NYS corrections officer, and my mother a waitress. I now live in Ithaca, NY with my wife (of 25 years), and four kids. I have a B.S. in Human Biology, Doctorates in Law and Chiropractic, and a Post Graduate in Acupuncture. I practiced as a Chiropractic Physician in Florida from 1986 to 1995. I graduated law school in 1997, and went on to practice trial law in FL, NY, NJ, and PA. I love practicing criminal defense and injury law within the Finger Lakes Region of New York State.
Over 90% of the cases that I take on are New York DWI defense cases. I am certified as a breath tester by the Department of Transportation, the guidelines of the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP), and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). I am certified in Field Sobriety Tests, and an active member of the National College of DUI Defense (NCDD). My online materials include over 450 blog posts, dozens of articles, and over 435 informative videos on my youtube channel.
I have co-authored Strategies for Defending DWI Cases in New York, in both 2011 and 2013. These are West Thomson legal manuals on New York State DWI defense, and focus on the best practices for other lawyers handling a New York DWI case. Included in Strategies for Defending DWI Cases in New York are materials I provide clients, such as my fee agreement and ways to avoid misdemeanor probation. I was selected by Super Lawyers as a Upstate New York 2013 Rising Star in DWI/DUI Defense based on my experience, contributions, and professional standing.
Standard YouTube License
- 6:58 Ithaca Lawyer How to Evaluate a New York DWI Caseby Lawrence Newman161 views
- 1:48 Ithaca Cortland DWI Lawyer New York Sealing and Violationsby Lawrence Newman314 views
- 2:43 Ithaca Lawyer Why All New York DWIs are NOT the sameby Lawrence Newman201 views
- 2:16 Ithaca Lawyer 3 Reasons You Won't Hire Me for Your New York DWIby Lawrence Newman275 views
- 2:14 Ithaca Lawyer How Does a New York Marijuana Violation Affect Your Federal Financial Aidby Lawrence Newman753 views
- 2:37 Ithaca Lawyer New York State Marijuana Charges from Violation to Felonyby Lawrence Newman503 views
- 2:35 DWI Ithaca Town and City Court vs. New York City Courtby Lawrence Newman91 views
- 2:11 Ithaca Cortland Lawyer Challenging The STOP for a New York DWIby Lawrence Newman142 views
- 2:04 Ithaca Lawyer Do I need an Attorney if I just want to plead guilty to my New York DWI?by Lawrence Newman192 views
- 9:43 Eric Sachs Interview (New York DWI Lawyer) (1 of 2)by myduiattorney31,108 views
- 1:55 Ithaca Cortlandville Lawyer Can DWI Probation be Worse Than Jail?by Lawrence Newman1,302 views
- 6:25 Ithaca Lawyer How to Challenge a New York DWI Breath Testby Lawrence Newman886 views
- 3:37 Ithaca Lawyer How to Defeat a New York DWI Breath Testby Lawrence Newman384 views
- 1:53 Ithaca Lawyer Do I get credit while my license is suspended for a New York DWI?by Lawrence Newman168 views
- 3:53 Ithaca Cortland Lawyer Winning a New York DWI Refusal Caseby Lawrence Newman1,381 views
- 2:25 Ithaca Lawyer Case Review: Defeating A New York DWI Refusalby Lawrence Newman289 views
- 2:37 3 Things to Know Before Your New York DWI Alcohol Evaluationby Lawrence Newman3,432 views
- 1:52 Ithaca Cortland Lawyer What Happens at New York DMV DWI Refusal Hearings?by Lawrence Newman2,134 views
- 2:03 Ithaca Lawyer What happens to my driver's license after a New York DWI arrest?by Lawrence Newman629 views
- 2:01 Ithaca Cortland Lawyer How YOUR Statements Will Be Used Against You in a DWIby Lawrence Newman66 views
- Loading more suggestions...