Why Can't Chuck Get His Business Off the Ground?
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 26, 2010
http://iam.ij.org/9uFUX3 How can Americans create private sector jobs?
The solution to America's jobs problem lies not with budget-busting federally mandated "stimulus" programs.
Instead, what is needed are specific reforms that wouldn't cost taxpayers, would create a broader tax base for cash-strapped cities and states, and would provide opportunity for millions of Americans who worry where their next paycheck is coming from.
As demonstrated by a series of eight new reports issued in October 2010 by the Virginia-based Institute for Justice, one of the principal obstacles to creating new jobs and entrepreneurial activity in cities across the country is the complex maze of regulations cities and states impose on small businesses. IJ's "city study" reports are filled with real-world examples of specific restrictions that often make it impossible for entrepreneurs to create jobs for themselves, let alone for others.
Chip Mellor, the president and general counsel of the Institute for Justice, said, "If the nation is looking to the federal government to create jobs in America, it is looking in the wrong place. If we want to grow our economy, we must remove government-imposed barriers to honest enterprise at the city and state levels. Remove those barriers, and you will see a return to the optimism and opportunity that are hallmarks of the American Dream."
IJ's eight reports document how irrational and anti-competitive regulations block entrepreneurship. More often than not, these government-imposed restrictions on economic liberty are put in place at the behest of existing businesses that are not shy about using government force to keep out competition. The Institute for Justice's city studies examine regulations imposed on a wide range of occupations in Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, Milwaukee, Newark, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:30 Policing for Profit - The Abuse of Civil Asset Forfeitureby InstituteForJustice 51,260 views
- 2:58 Caveman Blogger Fights for Free Speech and Internet Freedomby Institute for Justice - Freedom Flix 276,948 views
- 1:30 Licensing Gone Wild: Armed Government Agents Raiding Barber Shopsby Institute for Justice - Freedom Flix 12,291 views
- 2:35 FREE SPEECH FIGHT: New Orleans Bureaucrats Silence Speech, Tour Guides Fight Backby InstituteForJustice 7,530 views
- 1:14:06 End of Libertyby National Inflation Association 978,597 views
- 7:41 Seth Godin on making your small business indispensableby BZonecouk 40,826 views
- 4:07 Top 10 Mistakes New Business Owners Makeby Roni Deutch 106,131 views
- 10:55 How to Start a Business with No Moneyby Trent Dyrsmid 48,727 views
- 5:34 5 Questions To Ask Before Buying A Businessby Joshua Marks 6,239 views
- 5:09 How to Brainwash a Nationby connerite 100,732 views
- 9:01 How To Write A Business Plan | How To Start A Businessby Ian Gordon 207,780 views
- 0:50 IJ on the Stossel Show 9-9-10by Institute for Justice - Freedom Flix 1,548 views
- 4:15 Streets of Dreams: Challenging Atlanta's Street Vending Monopolyby InstituteForJustice 9,324 views
- 5:47 Entrepreneur for Societyby Ashokavideos 124,946 views
- 4:52 Inspiring CBS News piece about one of IJ's first economic liberty casesby Institute for Justice - Freedom Flix 1,071 views
- 2:25 So You Want to Go to Business Schoolby MissFunnySkits 103,063 views
- 10:44 (WARNING) Do Not Join MCA Motor Club Of America Until You've Seen Thisby Nicole Cooper 7,880 views
- 2:33 10 Bizarre Business Ideas That Made Millionsby All Time 10s 513,709 views
- 4:04 You Have A Business Idea, Now What?by Ask Jay - Tips & Tricks on Launching A Business 43,575 views
- 2:20 Entrepreneurs can change the world - Grasshopperby Grasshopper 1,072,581 views
- Loading more suggestions...