HITLER: THE ATHEIST (Quiz Show)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 8, 2010
See below for footnotes.~~~ So here I go again, addressing the absurd claim that Nazi atrocities are inextricably linked to atheism.
The script of this video is at http://www.nonstampcollector.com/hitl...
Several others are at nonstampcollector.com/main
Maybe Hitler was indeed an atheist. I don't know. Who can? But given what he said on the subject throughout his whole life, I'd find that position pretty hard to defend. And what it had to do with his evil acts... well you get the idea of what I think of that argument.
Astute viewers will notice that throughout the movie I don't blame Hitler's actions upon his being a Christian. Indeed -- was he a Christian?! Some may differ with me on this, but I say No, he wasn't. Not in any practical sense of the label.
Saying his evil actions are linked to his status as a Christian either way would be as stupid as saying that they are linked to his moustache, or his atheism.
Indeed -- that's the point. Atheist or theist, Christian or Hindu, Catholic or Lutheran: none of it matters. HE WAS A NAZI: ISN'T THAT ENOUGH?
He was a frigging NAZI, with incredible political power that he'd achieved through shrewd statecraft over many years. Obviously THAT is the lethal combination. Not his moustache, not his vegetarianism, not his atheism/religion.
As close as I could come to linking religion with his actions was actually a portion of the script that didn't make it to the final cut, in which a description of totalitarianism is read out, the contestants are asked to identify what is being described, and it plays out that after all, totalitarianism and religion sound an awful lot like each other.
Initially I had intended to put the laugh segment last, but was afraid that the other sections might be too slow and boring to sit through, and people might leave before seeing all those fantastic quotes of Hitler talking about his love of the Creator etc. So -- if you think the vid goes downhill a bit after that, I kind of agree. It's just the best format I could come up with, and I tried them all, I think!
Great thanks to those who responded to my call for voice extras to carry out quite a task: recording themselves laughing their heads off for a full minute. The response was fantastic, and very very funny to listen to and mix.
Also, to those who helped me find videos of people claiming that Hitler was an atheist and did his evil in the name of atheism. ***Especially OGJimbo.*** The clip of Father Jonathon from FOX News I had in mind from the start. What an unbelievable twat to say what he said. Fuck you, Fr. Jonathon.
And to the others featured in the ads (anyone who'd put themselves in front of a camera and declare that Hitler acted out of atheism deserves to be ridiculed. The ad breaks are my contribution to that ridicule.) : if you DMCA me for including your clips, despite their certainly coming under FAIR USE for criticism; I'll put the video file on mediafire and it will be mirrored on hundreds of channels within a few hours. Shoot yourselves in the foot if you really really want to.
That's it for me for this year. Thanks very much for sharing and rating my vids. Happy 2011.
FOOTNOTE 1: "I am ...a catholic...."
FOOTNOTE 2: "God's will...":
Adolf Hitler, "Mein Kampf" Vol. 2 Chapter 10
FOOTNOTE 3: "my conduct..."
Adolph Hitler, _Mein Kampf_, pp. 46
FOOTNOTE 4: "God With Us":
McConnel, W 1998 "A Companion to the Nibelungenlied" Boydel & Brewer, New York, p.1
FOOTNOTE 5: "I pledge never to tie myself..."
The Speeches of Adolph Hitler, 1922-1939, Vol. 1 (London, Oxford University Press, 1942), pg. 871-872
FOOTNOTE 6: German Freethinkers' League
New York Times, May 14, 1933, page 2
FOOTNOTE 7: Pope Aggressive secularism: http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/aab5fc5a-c1...
FOOTNOTE 8: Hitler's Birthday:
Stevenson, J 2006 "Hitler's Home Front" Hambledon Continuum, London, p.355
FOOTNOTE 9: Woman priest excommunicated: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/14/us/...
FOOTNOTE 10: Pedo priest http://www.theage.com.au/national/sai...
FOOTNOTE 11: Abortion for raped 9 year old: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29531755/
FOOTNOTE 12: Concordat:
Cornwell, J. 1999 "Hitler's pope: the secret history of Pius XII" Pengiun pp6-7
Kreig, R. A. (2003) "The Vatican Concordat with Hitler's Reich" in America; the National Catholic Weekly, Sept 1, 2003
FOOTNOTE 13: The heaviest blow.... etc
FOOTNOTE 14: 1 Sam 27:8-12, 1 Chron 18:5, 2 Sam 8:5, Numbers 31, Judges 12: 6, Judges 7-8
Standard YouTube License
- 9:58 High Stakes Intelligent Designingby NonStampCollector Featured 284,303
- 10:33 Challenge to Theistsby NonStampCollector85,666 views
- 9:35 The Great Debateby NonStampCollector135,812 views
- 9:53 Quiz Show (Bible Contradictions)by NonStampCollector981,726 views
- 3:06 Genesis (take #1)by NonStampCollector104,101 views
- 10:58 Special Investigation - Evolutionby NonStampCollector262,532 views
- 8:41 The thing that made the things for which there is no known maker.by NonStampCollector187,369 views
- 8:41 What Would Jesus NOT Do?by NonStampCollector614,472 views
- 11:23 Yahweh's Amazing Miracleby NonStampCollector101,811 views
- 200 videos Play all videos chistososby juanllo02
- 7:27 The Eye of the Pythonby NonStampCollector115,097 views
- 8:58 Atheists SECRETLY believe in Yahwehby NonStampCollector120,636 views
- 7:42 Jesus and the Interpreter. A modern-day christian helps Jesus get started.by NonStampCollector265,036 views
- 6:31 Special Investigation - 20th Century Killersby NonStampCollector75,528 views
- 7:54 Noah's Ark (part 1 of 2)by NonStampCollector345,311 views
- 9:55 Jephthah (Judges 11)by NonStampCollector143,038 views
- 3:14 Challenge to Theists (short version)by NonStampCollector34,878 views
- 6:23 Sorry Christians, Hitler Is Your Baggage - The Atheist Experience 489by village1diot62,992 views
- 5:33 Yahweh's Delicious Creationby NonStampCollector89,623 views
- 9:01 Conversation with Yahwehby NonStampCollector138,216 views