Sue Abbott fights bike helmets
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 13, 2009
Get a FREE original Bike art PC desktop background ( wallpaper ) here:
Also , for more discussion about using bikes like Sue's, go to my blog, situp-cycle.com.
By the way, if you want to see what happened in court to sue, recently, Go to the sequel, No Helmet, Please.
It all began when Sue Abbott got a ticket for not wearing a bike helmet. That's breaking the law in Australia. Instead of paying the small fine, she's going to court at the end of this month, Sept.
She believes that helmets are dangerous for her. I was intrigued by her opinion and made this video to explore the issue.
Helmets are a hot issue in Australia and elsewhere. I came off my bike once and credit my helmet with saving my face from being scraped.
On the other hand, I'm impressed that in Europe, it's optional and most people don't wear them. The head injury rate is less than here, I believe.
I was attracted to Sue's story for another reason as well. She looks so good, sitting upright on her bike. i was immediately reminded of the superb figures, cyclists, both male and female, cut in Europe.
Go to the famous Danish bike blogs, Copenhagenise.com and Copenhangen Cycle Chic to see what I mean. (some of the photos in my film come from those blogs)
Nobody here seems to be aware of the beauty of the upright cyclist, I call it the open face posiiton because the rider's face is open for communication with passing motorists , fellow cyclists, pedestrians, anyone.
Immediately, the cyclist appears as a much friendlier person, and I suspect , much less apt to be a victim of the anger, road rage, so often directed at Australian cyclists today.
Indeed I've started a blog called; And So To bike, which argues that we must come to this friendly open position to acheive safer cycling. Have a look at the blog if the topic interests you.
This leads to my belief threat most important safety features for cycling as separated bikeways to keep other traffic and bikes separate, and education for drivers.
Both of those were recommended to our Government yeas ago but, not wanting to spend money, they only implemented the helmet recommendation.
The stills in the middle of the film come from the superb Danish bike blog. Copenhagenize.com. Go visit to see how attractive and free cycling can be. Don't miss the companion blog either copenhagen cycle chic with even more stunning photos.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:06 Road Rage on camera cut off brake checkby lbtheblindmanFeatured 316,974
- 9:12 No Helmet, Please! Sue Abbott goes to courtby Michael Rubbo 9,220 views
- 4:54 Sue Abbott - 7PM Project.mp4by bassmanbandmate 1,393 views
- 7:54 Electric Bikes -The great Electric bike comparisonby Michael Rubbo 44,054 views
- 4:30 Motorcycle Rider Dies Protesting Helmets (From Head Injury)by TheYoungTurks 74,189 views
- 1:06 road rage YA02 FKU ugly.MOV 04/07/11by 20cfog 866,137 views
- 7:54 BC VANCOUVER BIKER vs. MOTORIST RAGE - Riding a Bycicle Downtown Vancouverby BCVANCOUVERBIKER 18,660 views
- 6:27 Why I use a Helmet Cameraby 4ChordsNoNet 3,885 views
- 3:55 How To Choose a Bicycle Helmetby PerformanceBikes 52,804 views
- 3:12 My Dutch Bicycleby letsgorideabike1 84,755 views
- 1:42 This Helmet Saved My Life!by LVHealthNetwork 14,072 views
- 9:46 Melbourne Bike Share In Trouble?by Michael Rubbo 5,187 views
- 5:59 1-800-IM-A-LOSER-AND-I-DONT-KNOW-HOW-TO-RIDE-A-BIKEby britishchicks93s 5,378 views
- 4:18 Bicycle Safety 1: Wear a properly fitting helmetby PuebloSRTS 6,440 views
- 3:30 B:C:Clettes vs. Sexy Backby BCClettes 18,146 views
- 7:20 NC Helmet Law Propaganda Videoby SRHOMER1963 1,611 views
- 7:16 The guy from Cycle Chicby Michael Rubbo 12,932 views
- 7:10 the Waltz of the Bikesby Michael Rubbo 20,716 views
- 5:23 Talking to David Hembrowby Michael Rubbo 4,005 views
- 2:54 How to Choose a Bike Helmetby livestrong 43,696 views
- Loading more suggestions...