This video is unavailable.
Austin Code Compliance executes an illegal search warrant - Part 1
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 14, 2011
UPDATE: YNN Austin covered the story at http://austin.ynn.com/content/top_sto...
This is the video from one of four surveillance cameras, and is edited to follow the code investigators.
On April 13th, Austin Code Compliance executed a search warrant at a residential property in East Austin. The warrant was issued based on two suspected violations: that a tool shed was 6 inches too close to the neighbor's fence, and that a detached structure might be too tall. Both violations were in the backyard. Both were in compliance based on communication with city zone reviewers.
Code Compliance was convinced these violations still existed, and to investigate for themselves sent two code compliance investigators wearing bullet proof vests, five police officers and a health inspector. The eight officials entered the house and began to search every inch of the property, including bedrooms, closets, refrigerators, trash cans, cabinets, water heater closet, and the entire backyard.
The warrant turned out to be expired, however police returned several hours after the search to drop off an updated warrant.
Nothing was seized, and the investigators refused to comment on their findings. The original violations were likely cleared by this inspection, however a City Attorney representing Code Compliance indicates that the investigators will be having a meeting with representatives from other administrative departments in an attempt to think up any new violations that could possibly exist on the property.
To review, Austin Code Compliance arrived at a residential property wearing defensive armor, escorted by a police backup, executed an expired warrant that covered areas not under investigation, and is now having brainstorming sessions with other departments in an attempt to invent new violations.
Find more information about Code Compliance activities at at www.joefairview.com
Standard YouTube License
- 7:33 How to Cop Proof Your Cell Phoneby TheAlyonaShowFeatured 212,456
- 6:17 Reasonable Suspicion & How Cops Believe It Worksby c208driver 11,788 views
- 2:05 ATL PD ILLEGAL SEARCHby Billy DaKid 17,778 views
- 3:31 Pasadena Police Unlawful Entry Iby boobellemichelle 34,320 views
- 1:01 Police officer Walter Correia in illegal stop and search.by indiscretion100 37,622 views
- 3:05 Illegal search of Randolph MN home by Sergent Scott Durdall Dakota County Sheriff.by Eric Dahlen 3,544 views
- 1:42 Always Refuse Consent to Search (Black Nationals Survival Guide)by blacknationalsparty 62,526 views
- 1:40 Border Patrol Agents Attempt Search at I-19 Checkpointby Hector Arevalo Jr. 320,566 views
- 36 videos Play all Illegal Police misc videosby ZiggySullivan
- 10:01 Illegal Search - Police Respond to Man With Crossbow & Seize House 1/2by icebergtm 94,955 views
- 6:15 Search warrant servedby hannibalcourierpost 11,300 views
- 3:03 Austin Code Compliance executes an illegal search warrantby MutualCompliance 2,081 views
- 5:15 Cop Gets Angry When Driver Tells Him He Needs A Warrant To Search His Car!by streetrunnasent 1,418,796 views
- 1:55 MrCheckpoint DUI Checkpoint NEWS Channel 10 False Arrest & Illegal Search!by MrCheckpointcom 6,323 views
- 10:03 Nazi Sheriff in Collier County, Florida Ignores Constitutionby fightforyourfreedom1 3,700 views
- 11:25 F.A.C.E.OFF. City of Chino Police Harassment Code Enforcement Harassmentby GWDiscGolf 9,440 views
- 4:57 Virginia state police violation of 4th Ammendment of the Bill Of Rights, Illegal search.mp4by Nasir757 22,867 views
- 1:59 KopBusters Raid - Raw Footage - Police Raid Fake Grow Roomby nevergetbusted 424,433 views
- 8:53 Expose government,go to jail.Taylor Michiganby savemyrepublic 6,124 views
- 3:40 COP WATCHER ARRESTED WHILE FILMING POLICEby ccpafl 65,876 views
- 9:13 N.H. Cops w/out warrant kick in doorby John Miller 953 views
- Loading more suggestions...