Austin Code Compliance executes an illegal search warrant - Part 1
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 14, 2011
UPDATE: YNN Austin covered the story at http://austin.ynn.com/content/top_sto...
This is the video from one of four surveillance cameras, and is edited to follow the code investigators.
On April 13th, Austin Code Compliance executed a search warrant at a residential property in East Austin. The warrant was issued based on two suspected violations: that a tool shed was 6 inches too close to the neighbor's fence, and that a detached structure might be too tall. Both violations were in the backyard. Both were in compliance based on communication with city zone reviewers.
Code Compliance was convinced these violations still existed, and to investigate for themselves sent two code compliance investigators wearing bullet proof vests, five police officers and a health inspector. The eight officials entered the house and began to search every inch of the property, including bedrooms, closets, refrigerators, trash cans, cabinets, water heater closet, and the entire backyard.
The warrant turned out to be expired, however police returned several hours after the search to drop off an updated warrant.
Nothing was seized, and the investigators refused to comment on their findings. The original violations were likely cleared by this inspection, however a City Attorney representing Code Compliance indicates that the investigators will be having a meeting with representatives from other administrative departments in an attempt to think up any new violations that could possibly exist on the property.
To review, Austin Code Compliance arrived at a residential property wearing defensive armor, escorted by a police backup, executed an expired warrant that covered areas not under investigation, and is now having brainstorming sessions with other departments in an attempt to invent new violations.
Find more information about Code Compliance activities at at www.joefairview.com
Standard YouTube License
- 7:33 How to Cop Proof Your Cell Phoneby TheAlyonaShowFeatured 200,949
- 6:17 Reasonable Suspicion & How Cops Believe It Worksby c208driver 11,645 views
- 2:05 ATL PD ILLEGAL SEARCHby Billy DaKid 17,192 views
- 1:19 This Is How to Stop a Police Search Without Consentby Travis Shoff 56,562 views
- 1:01 Police officer Walter Correia in illegal stop and search.by indiscretion100 36,327 views
- 15:01 National Geographic To Catch A Smuggler Search and Seize Part 1 of 3by Gurpreet Saini 4,100 views
- 3:31 Pasadena Police Unlawful Entry Iby boobellemichelle 34,036 views
- 11:25 F.A.C.E.OFF. City of Chino Police Harassment Code Enforcement Harassmentby GWDiscGolf 8,959 views
- 36 videos Play all Illegal Police misc videosby ZiggySullivan
- 16:15 THREATENED WITH PSYCHOLOGICAL EVALUATION!by jpcfourth 25,799 views
- 1:15 Never Get Raided -- How to handle Search Warrant-less Police at your doorby StarmanHaxor537 198,968 views
- 7:48 Patriots Ready for War - Indiana and The Fourth Amendmentby NewAmericaNow 30,149 views
- 1:40 Border Patrol Agents Attempt Search at I-19 Checkpointby donhector87 308,460 views
- 10:01 Illegal Search - Police Respond to Man With Crossbow & Seize House 1/2by Aaron Berg 94,641 views
- 10:03 Nazi Sheriff in Collier County, Florida Ignores Constitutionby fightforyourfreedom1 3,700 views
- 6:00 Warrantless Searches in Watertown, Mby PuertoRicanPrepper 3,806 views
- 1:55 MrCheckpoint DUI Checkpoint NEWS Channel 10 False Arrest & Illegal Search!by MrCheckpointcom 5,705 views
- 3:40 COP WATCHER ARRESTED WHILE FILMING POLICEby ccpafl 64,958 views
- 1:42 Always Refuse Consent to Search (Black Nationals Survival Guide)by blacknationalsparty 62,366 views
- 14:48 National Geographic To Catch A Smuggler Search and Seize Part 3 of 3by Gurpreet Saini 3,368 views
- 9:59 G20 Community Day of Action illegal searchby ReetReeter 45,294 views
- Loading more suggestions...