Farage: 'Good Europeans' would break up the eurozone
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Dec 12, 2012
Support: http://www.ukip.org/donations | http://www.ukipmeps.org | http://twitter.com/Nigel_Farage
• European Parliament, Strasbourg, 12 December 2012
• Speaker: Nigel Farage MEP, Leader of the UK Independence Party (UKIP), Co-President of the 'Europe of Freedom and Democracy' (EFD) Group in the European Parliament - http://nigelfaragemep.co.uk
- 'Blue-card' question: Charles GOERENS MEP (Luxembourg)
Liberal group (ALDE)
• Debate: Preparations for the European Council meeting (13-14 December 2012)
Council and Commission statements
There is a certain sense of irony here this morning because of course this is the week when you were awarded the Nobel Peace Prize - this great achievement. I thought the award bizarre, particularly as this morning, what we are discussing are a new range of measures that will further pile on the agony for those southern Eurozone states.
Europe is now split from North to South with increasing violence and enmity between the peoples of the North of Europe and the South of Europe. So I don't think the peace prize was really very appropriate. Not of course, that it will pose you a problem tomorrow because there are no leaders in those southern European countries who frankly have got the courage to stand up to the might of Brussels and to challenge the Eurozone project.
But what you will have at tomorrow's summit yet again, is the curious case of Mr Cameron.
Because on the one hand, he is a big ally. He resists having a referendum. He publicly states again and again that he wants Britain to remain a member of the European Union. And surprisingly he has supported every one of your moves towards a fiscal union and a banking union.
And Mr Verhofstadt, indeed, called Cameron 'the greatest federalist outside the Eurozone.'
And yet on the other hand, he cannot go along with any of this because politically the Financial Transaction Tax, the Banking Union, are quite impossible in Britain.
But every time there is a summit and the Eurozone moves that little bit further forward it leaves Britain and it leaves Cameron even more marginalised. In fact it is barely worth him turning up tomorrow.
The great debate in Britain has always been that the Single Market has been the victory of our membership of the Union, and that we have great influence over that single market. Well, increasingly we are going to be excluded from the key decisions that affect that single market. And given the hostility, and I am sorry to disappoint my Conservative friends here, but there is hostility now towards Britain in this place. They blame their economic problems on our City of London.
Frankly, the argument that the single market benefits Britain and that we have any influence over it is now disappearing. And very shortly, I think, you'll be glad to see the back of us.
• Video: EbS (European Parliament)
• EU Member States:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Estonia, Spain, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, United Kingdom
Standard YouTube License
- 3:35 UKIP Nigel Farage asks Mr Cameron, why not accept my challenge for a debate? - Nov 2012by ukipmedia 31,317 views
- 1:13 Farage: Eurozone leaders behaving like drug addicts and alcoholicsby europarl 25,121 views
- 5:02 Farage: Mrs Merkel, tell Cameron it's time for Britain to leave EUby europarl 43,241 views
- 11:00 Farage exposes EU arrogance (puts Sarkozy, Pottering & Schulz in place)by europarl 132,563 views
- 5:41 Godfrey Bloom presents "the voice of the European Parliament"by europarl 5,140 views
- Nigel Farage 7,865 videos595
- 3:11 Nigel Farage, euroescéptico en el Parlamento Europeoby 100 vídeos para el cambio 9,820 views
- 4:48 Dany Cohn Bendit à Catherine Ashton : "faites de la politique"by Greens EFA 15,538 views
- 3:29 Daniel Hannan MEP: The devalued Prime Minister of a devalued Governmentby DanHannanMEP 2,935,149 views
- 5:26 The EU Debate: Part 1 Daniel Hannanby WinPresTV 1,341 views
- 5:24 Nigel Farage gets absolutely ROASTED on BBC Radio Scotlandby SirJebus 4,782 views
- 1:27 Estudiante español imita a Ylenia (Gandia Shore) Spanish student imitates Ylenia European Parliamentby Adryroms2 1,187,447 views
- 13:29 Daniel Hannan memorial tribute to Margaret Thatcherby Hallgeir Ljøstad 2,650 views
- 4:10 Nigel Farage: UE nieco lepsza od ZSRR, panie Tusk?by And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free 60,376 views
- 43:49 The Alex Jones Show:(3rd HOUR-VIDEO Commercial Free) Thursday, May 9 2013: Godfrey Bloomby Ron Gibson 1,110 views
- 9:15 Nigel Farage o Hermanie Van Rompuyu i Cathie Ashton (działająca wersja)by odDymarkow 35,927 views
- 13:45 Godfrey Bloom: The European Union will go the same way as the Soviet Unionby europarl 3,645 views
- 3:19 BBC News - UKIP Nigel Farage responds to David Cameron Immigration speech (April 2011)by ukipmedia 18,557 views
- 35:13 Daniel Hannan - A Letter of Warning to Americaby ByTheShortAndCurlies 59 views
- 3:29 Daniel Hannan MEP GORDON BROWN GO NOW PLEASE GORDON BROWN!by Judep22 27,007 views
- 25:00 Roberto Benigni al Parlamento Europeo Bruxelles - 10/11/2011by Marco Luciano 400,444 views
- Loading more suggestions...