The Truth About Major Label Deals & Why You Should Support Indie Artists
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 9, 2010
⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ EXPAND FOR MORE INFO ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓
►Please join my mailing list◄ http://www.natalie-brown.com/list.htm
This is the ONLY reliable way of me getting info to you and getting info about where you live so I can attempt to plan what cities to bring my live show to.
►Buy my music◄ http://www.natalie-brown.com/music.html
Each purchase is guaranteed to make you feel good because when you buy it, you support Independent music!
Hi guys! Just keep in mind that this video is a call to action about supporting Independent artists rather than trying to be a complain-fest about major labels. A complain-fest is another topic for another vlog!
Hope you have had a fab week and that the weekend has been enjoyable. I've been taking the weekend to re-set and am enjoying it as it's much needed.
This video really only scratches the surface on the realities of the music business and is based on my personal experience in the business dealing on the Major and Indie levels. Stats are taken from reports from media transcripts from conference panel session press reports and from my own personal knowledge. I hope to delve a little deeper in some future vlogs. I think it's very important to bring awareness and banish some myths that keep on being perpetuated. These myths cause confusion and unrealistic expectations which makes some artists' creative journey that much more difficult.
For more info and stats see:
IFPI (International Federation of the Phonographic Industry): http://www.ifpi.org
Indie acts rely mainly on the consistent support of fans to continue to create their art, earn a living and get the word out, as opposed to Major label artists who have the financial and marketing backing of a corporation or corporations. Please support Indie artists and don't wait for them to get at Major deal or become 'famous' to show your support. Buy their music now, spread the word now and attend shows if they do them. Some artists may have the chance to see if a Major label home is the right one for them, but many will not or will chose not to go down that path for various reasons. The Indie career path is a legitimate choice, just like the one of going the Major label route. A Major label deal does not validate talent.
Please take time out to check out the artists I mentioned in this video. There are many more that I'd like to introduce you to and will do so in other videos.
More links for the artists mentioned in the video:
Thanks for tuning in and c ya next week.
Standard YouTube License
- 7 videos Play all YouTube Mix - The Truth About Major Label Deals & Why You Should Support Indie Artists
- 3:21 Slim Thug Explains His Frustration With Record Labelsby djvlad Featured 22,565
- 8:58 How to write a song, and the recording process!by Natalie Brown4,008 views
- 3:38 Natalie Brown - It's A Beautiful Day (From Random Thoughts)by Natalie Brown9,538 views
- 3:34 Girl passes out, new song Forever and an announcement...by Natalie Brown4,403 views
- 3:54 You're So Into YOU! (new song), being unique & procrastinationby Natalie Brown1,422 views
- 46:34 TO GET A RECORD LABEL DEAL YOU MUST... - HOW TO GET A RECORD LABEL DEALby IceBoogieXXXL1,090 views
- 7:32 How to Sell 200,000 CDs Without a Record Company - Ty Cohenby tycohen138,359 views
- 4:31 Income Solutions for Independent and Major Label Artistsby ArtistsHouseMusic10,212 views
- 14:19 Music Business 101 Bootcamp: Record Labelsby ModCity Mag1,703 views
- 34:02 How To Make It Big Without A Record Deal, Or A Record Label.by brandonorisbrown2,226 views
- 55:53 CELEBRITIES EXPOSED: Satanism in the Hollywood & Music Industry (Illuminati, Masons) (Part 1 of 2)by Thomas Warren61,431 views
- 2:04 How To Make It In The Music Businessby Richard Jefferson11,251 views
- 9:10 How to Start an Independent Record Labelby Ronald Oliver73,139 views
- 5:29 TRUTH ABOUT RECORD LABELS.movby Frontline Entertainment Group LLC4,026 views
- 1:03:04 How to get Signed to a Major Record Label & get Funding for your Music Careerby SpotlightGlobalMusic10,187 views
- 3:54 Advice for Indie Artists from Derek Sivers (Founder, CDBaby)by standalonerecords28,821 views
- 37:48 Mike King - Online Music Marketing Clinicby BerkleeMusic12,779 views
- 5:21 The Reality of Artist Development Deals at Major Labelsby ArtistsHouseMusic18,882 views
- 6:36 Record Labels: Why You DO/DON'T need THEM [HD]by IronGuitarist1,368 views
- 1:03:12 How to Start a Record Labelby Mark Desvaux
- Loading more suggestions...