Elliot's 2012 Pittsburgh Children's Hospital FTK "For The Kids" Campaign
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 6, 2012
Hi my name is Elliot Mast, 14 year old baseball player and fundraiser for Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh. I was born with a club foot and Children's hospital helped me go from this CAST to this CLEAT. 2 years ago, I teamed with Children's hospital and created my charity, FTK "For The Kids" and with your help, I have raised more than $10,000 over my past 2 baseball season's for the Child Life Program. This year my goal is $5,000! As I travel with my 2 baseball teams, the Altoona Curve Juniors and the Evoshield Cane's, I will take my donation jars and FTK message to every game and spread the word! Please join me and help the kids at Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh's, learn more and give today by visiting elliotmast.blogspot.com . Thank You So Much! Elliot! FTK All The Way!
OFFICIAL 2012 FTK PRESS RELEASE:
Back in February 2010, then Altoona 11 year old little league Baseball Player, Elliot Mast, signs first contract... This started his incredible journey to make a positive difference in the world by using baseball!
Though the first contract wasn't with the Phillies or Pirates, Elliot Mast signed an agreement to partner with the Pittsburgh Children's Hospital Foundation team to raise awareness and donations "FOR THE KIDS!"
Since his 2010 little league season, Elliot, now 13 years old, has raised more than $10,000 for the Pittsburgh Children's Hospital Child Life Program! Elliot's slogan is "For The Kids!"
Elliot made YouTube videos and has been working Facebook, Twitter and his blog friends www.elliotmast.blogspot.com to share his message about hope for kids at the Pittsburgh Hospital.
He is currently working hard to seek sponsors and donors for the upcoming 2012 season. He is taking his message on the road this year with two travel teams to spread the word of how important it is for kids to work hard and making a difference in all they do on and off the field. For every homerun or base hit he hits, and every strike out he throws, he will raise money for the hospital. During his last two seasons, he picked up some major stats on the field and major support off the field including support from the Altoona Curve, Steeler Troy Polamalu, Cubs pitcher Paul Maholm, as well as many major league baseball players.
Elliot in his own words...
I have dedicated my baseball career to the kids at the hospital to raise awareness and funds for them and the Child Life Program. The department of Child Life is responsible for making sure the kids' hospital experience is fun and not so scary. They help provide things like games, toys, video games, etc. There are often events in the hospital to provide entertainment and distraction for kid-patients. They do things like tail-gates, celebrity visits, and music/performance shows for the inpatients. While being in a hospital can be really scary, the Child Life department does their best to make the experience as fun and memorable (in a good way) as possible. They have playrooms on every floor and dedicated staff that work with the kids on projects and "fun time". The playrooms are medical-free zones - so no medicine, no doctors, no reports, nothing scary - it's all play, all the time! This is a really important part of the recovery and healing process for the kids and while insurance doesn't cover these types of necessities, they will always offer them - the kids need it and that's the most important thing. This is why we need you! So basically, money raised for this fund makes sure that kids can still be kids - and not just patients - when they're at Children's Hospital.
Elliot takes his charity message on the road during his new 2012 season playing travel ball with the Altoona Curve Juniors (http://curvejuniors.com/) and the Evoshield Canes Development Team, (http://evoshieldcanesma.com/).
See Elliot's videos via YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/truetoHim ###
Standard YouTube License
- 22:35 Children's Med Dallas: Episode 4by Children's Medical Center Dallas Featured 17,901
- 2:21:21 2013 MLB All Star Gameby Reds Winning50,720 views
- 21:41 Children's Med Dallas: Episode 1by Children's Medical Center Dallas36,149 views
- 11:19 Frimley Park Hospital Children's wardby frimleyparkhospital85,421 views
- 8:56 Mattel Children's Hospital UCLA Patient Storiesby UCLA Health4,151 views
- 7:28 16U Day in the Lifeby USA Baseball109,872 views
- 8:09 WWE Wrestler Ted DiBiase Jr Thrills Patients and Staff at Batson Children's Hospitalby newsocracy14,576 views
- 5:42 A Day in the Life: 15U National Teamby USA Baseball75,246 views
- 15:28 MLB top playsby mastermachiine1,269,671 views
- 6:22 Brain Tumor Child's "Kid Cam" - St. Louis Children's Hospitalby ChildrensHospitalStl41,815 views
- 5:10 Taylor Love's Cancer Journeyby beachblndxo80569,478 views
- 4:30 Esme's story on the All Children's Hospital Telethon 2010by All Children's Hospital93,213 views
- 4:13 Phoenix Children's Hospital Asks Kids Some Tough Questionsby PhxChildrensHospital9,550 views
- 4:08 Ponseti Clubfoot Joshua 11 years oldby Martin Egbert9,083 views
- 4:52 Compilation of the best baseball brawlsby baseballguy191882,718 views
- 2:43 My Storyby SabercatMedia1,851 views
- 15:25 Longest Home Runs in MLB History HDby Ryan Schwark479,907 views
- 14:31 Trip to Childrens hospital in Pittsburgh!by sarah kassouf3,517 views
- 4:07 A visit from the San Francisco 49ers - Akron Children's Hospital videoby AkronChildrens1,438 views
- 4:44 Ideas For Raising Money For Charityby Ministrymarketing817 views
- Loading more suggestions...