Gorilla trek in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Uganda
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Aug 3, 2013
Traveltherenext.tv: http://www.youtube.com/ChristinaPfeiffer goes gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Uganda. Our group of eight are in search of the Rushegura gorilla group.
The group you are going to track is called Rushegura. It's composed of 15 individuals with one silverback and two black backs. This is a family photo of the group you're going to visit.
This is Mwiwima. It means darkness. He's the dominant male. You can call him the chairman or the president of the group.
So I've been walking for about an hour and I'm stuffed. I've got no idea where the gorillas are. They could be an hour or two hours or three hours away. We've been zigzagging uphill.
There's dense jungle everywhere we look. I wouldn't like to be lost by ourselves. We'd never find our way out again.
I'm huffing and puffing already and our porters aren't even breaking a sweat.
How're you doing Mike?
That last little bit was like being Indiana Jones in the jungle of doom. And now we're at the top and we need to go down. Woohoo! The bad news is they're not telling us how many more mountains we have to climb. We're going through a thicket full of thorns, stinging nettles.
The good news is it's all downhill at the moment. I'm sure my knees are going to pay for this tomorrow.
I think they've found the gorillas but they're not telling us anything at the moment. But our head guide seems pretty happy. But then again, maybe she's just happy we all made it to the top.
Five minutes later. I think we've found them. So exciting!
Travel channel of amazing destinations, airlines and hotels presented by award-winning travel writer and photographer, Christina Pfeiffer, who has visited 55 countries in the last eight years. Journey around the world without leaving your home and subscribe for new episodes on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.
YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Christina...
Subscribe here: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c...
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TRAVELTHERENEXT
Having lived in three continents (USA, Asia and Australia), travel is programmed in Christina's DNA. Christina has visited Argentina, Antarctica, Australia, Austria, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Czech Republic, Cook Islands, Cyprus, Ecuador, Egypt, England, Falkland Islands, Finland, Fiji, France, French Polynesia, Greece, Hungary, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Italy, Jordan, Kenya, Korea, Lebanon, Macau, Malaysia, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Philippines, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Scotland, South Africa, South Georgia, Spain, Switzerland, Syria, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, USA, Vietnam, Zambia. See http://www.traveltherenext.com for articles and photos
Standard YouTube License
- 20:08 Trekking in Rwenzori, Ugandaby Jørn Eriksson1,388 views
- 17:20 Mountain Gorillas Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Ugandaby Timeshape670 views
- 8:39 Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi National Park Uganda 2010 (HD)by Mark Allan5,540 views
- 12:21 Gorilla trekking Uganda.movby Pepparkakshuset74264 views
- 4:22 Bwindi Impenetrable Forest - Gorilla Trekking - Ugandaby African Safaris Ltd2,272 views
- 28:29 A Learning Tour to the Amazon Rainforestby BrethrenVoices2,783 views
- 3:22 Wild mountain gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Ugandaby TRAVEL THERENEXT CHANNEL257 views
- 25:26 Gorilla- & Nilbarsch Adventure Uganda 2011 - Dokumentationby CatfishSaone3,509 views
- 8:05 Taman Negara Jungle Trekkingby Olga Reimgen5,501 views
- 6:53 Mountain Gorilla Trekking in Rwanda/Uganda (how to)by Axaroth20031,268 views
- 4:50 video Gorilla tracking safari Nkuringo Ugandaby Johan Eilering3,583 views
- 9:50 Gorilla trekking in Ugandaby bobkath222,588 views
- 3:01 Gorilla Safari Tour, What to expect on gorilla trekking in Uganda and Rwanda, Reviews and Stepsby insightsafari17,853 views
- 29:06 Uganda 2013: Extended, Vol.I :Pby zornfett57 views
- 3:37 Captain Giovanni Mauro Duty Day Cockpit Video - Alitalia & Citilinkby Vincent Raditya Citilink37,827 views
- 3:07 Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable Forestby Vagabonding36,961 views
- 6:07 Visiting the Gorillas in Bwindi National Park (Uganda)by Carola Bieniek155 views
- 9:59 Zip Line Lost World Canopy Tour Belize Rain Forest Jungleby Dana H E10,774 views
- 2:43 UGANDA - Gorilla trackingby Manfred Bauer861 views
- 5:02 Gorillas visiting a luxury camp in Bwindi Ugandaby TRAVEL THERENEXT CHANNEL567 views
- Loading more suggestions...