The Marketing of Madness (1/18)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 11, 2010
The Marketing of Madness:
Are We All Insane?
Documenting the impact of a multibillion dollar psychiatric-pharmaceutical industry, this powerful and graphic video contains interviews with experts, parents and victims. Dramatic recordings of actual 911 calls made by desperate family members—and even by a killer himself—convey the chilling reality behind today's headlines. Here is the shocking truth underlying the current wave of violence devastating our homes, schools and communities.
This is the story of the high-income partnership between drug companies and psychiatry which has created an $80 billion profit from the peddling of psychotropic drugs to an unsuspecting public.
But appearances are deceiving.
How valid are psychiatrist's diagnoses—and how safe are their drugs?
Digging deep beneath the corporate veneer, this three-part documentary exposes the truth behind the slick marketing schemes and scientific deceit that conceal a dangerous and often deadly sales campaign.
Psychiatrists tell us that the way to fix unwanted behavior is by altering brain chemistry with a pill.
But unlike a mainstream medical drug like insulin, psychotropic medications have no measurable target illness to correct, and can upset the very delicate balance of chemical processes the body needs to run smoothly.
Nevertheless, psychiatrists and drug companies have used these drugs to create a huge and lucrative market niche.
And they've done this by naming more and more unwanted behaviors as "medical disorders" requiring psychiatric medication.
But should these really be called diseases?
So the question is:
How did psychotropic drugs, with no target illness, no known curative powers and a long and extensive list of side effects, become the go to treatment for every kind of psychological distress?
And how did the psychiatrists espousing these drugs come to dominate the field of mental treatment?
Psychiatrists claim a history of great advances in the area of psychotropic drugs. But is this parade of brain chemicals the "scientific breakthroughs" they assert?
Sigmund Freud's early drug marketing efforts helped create a major cocaine epidemic throughout Europe.
Psychiatrists next turned to amphetamines until those drugs were discovered to be not only ineffective, but highly toxic and addictive.
Years later, the world was told that "antidepressant" drugs were actually "lifestyle drugs" for a choose your mood society. Yet within ten years, staggering details of side effects such as violence and suicide could no longer be ignored—with an estimated 3.9 million adverse events on Prozac alone.
Today, the same cycle continues, with breathless news coverage of new chemical treatments promoted as "miracle drugs."
Two questions remain—where is the science that backs psychiatry up?
And how much longer will the public continue to believe false hopes, hype and outright lies?
Standard YouTube License
- 9:30 The Marketing of Madness (2/18)by ThePepiTube98,082 views
- 9:18 The Marketing of Madness (3/18)by ThePepiTube70,136 views
- 1:47:57 The Most SHOCKING Psychiatry Documentary EVERby Evolution Television32,267 views
- 1:34:43 Making a Killing: The Untold Story of Psychotropic Drugging - Full Movie (Documentary)by derekw6826481,839 views
- 9:08 The Marketing of Madness (15/18)by ThePepiTube18,144 views
- 1:18:17 The DSM: Psychiatry's Deadliest Scamby JeffPolachekdotcom62,022 views
- 29 videos Play all Guerra contra los Niños, Fraude del TDAHby Informalo
- 9:57 The Marketing of Madness (5/18)by ThePepiTube48,014 views
- 9:51 The Marketing of Madness (4/18)by ThePepiTube57,084 views
- 1:17:54 China: The Roots of Madness (1967) Documentary Filmby rosaryfilms153,457 views
- 9:50 The Marketing of Madness (6/18)by ThePepiTube41,048 views
- 1:37:45 What in the World Are They Spraying? (Full Length)by Justin Wallis1,312,373 views
- 10:03 The Marketing of Madness (12/18)by ThePepiTube22,109 views
- 1:47:57 Psychiatry An industry of Deathby Scott Webb64,919 views
- 1:13:16 Zwischen Wahn und Wirklichkeit: Menschen in der Psychiatrieby Leaguefor4ever201,949 views
- 1:29:28 Sugar: The Bitter Truthby University of California Television (UCTV)4,045,889 views
- 1:21:44 The Marketing of Madness: The Truth About Psychotropic Drugs (Part 2/2)by derekw682623,314 views
- 9:45 The Marketing of Madness (13/18)by ThePepiTube20,742 views
- 9:49 The Marketing of Madness (16/18)by ThePepiTube17,520 views
- 1:49:31 Psychiatry: An Industry of Death (FULL VERSION)by fatherofmy5170,743 views