Paxman meets Hitchens full 30 minute interview with BBCs Jeremy Paxman RIP
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 12, 2010
Update: December 16 2011
Campaign to have him knighted
Christopher Hitchens—the incomparable critic, masterful rhetorician, fiery wit, and fearless bon vivant—died today at the age of 62. Hitchens was diagnosed with esophageal cancer in the spring of 2010, just after the publication of his memoir, Hitch-22, and began chemotherapy soon after. His matchless prose has appeared in Vanity Fair since 1992, when he was named contributing editor.
"Cancer victimhood contains a permanent temptation to be self-centered and even solipsistic," Hitchens wrote nearly a year ago in Vanity Fair, but his own final labors were anything but: in the last 12 months, he produced for this magazine a piece on U.S.-Pakistani relations in the wake of Osama bin Laden's death, a portrait of Joan Didion, an essay on the Private Eye retrospective at the Victoria and Albert Museum, a prediction about the future of democracy in Egypt, a meditation on the legacy of progressivism in Wisconsin, and a series of frank, graceful, and exquisitely written essays in which he chronicled the physical and spiritual effects of his disease. At the end, Hitchens was more engaged, relentless, hilarious, observant, and intelligent than just about everyone else—just as he had been for the last four decades.
"My chief consolation in this year of living dyingly has been the presence of friends," he wrote in the June 2011 issue. He died in their presence, too, at the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas. May his 62 years of living, well, so livingly console the many of us who will miss him dearly.
Christopher Hitchens - author, journalist and champion of the "new atheism" movement - has given an interview to Newsnight's Jeremy Paxman.
Here he talks about his treatment for oesophageal cancer which has now spread to his lymph nodes and lungs.
Follow us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/NSOTD
Standard YouTube License
- 6:26 Christopher Hitchens bossing Question Time Part 1by DerrenBrown100Featured 324,746
- 53:09 Christopher Hitchens "All Of Life Is A Wager"by CSPANJUNKIEd0tORG 232,742 views
- 0:36 Christopher Hitchens responds a very clear question .... LOL!by pateli2008 70,368 views
- 1:46:26 Christopher Hitchens vs Tony Blair Debate: Is Religion A Force For Good In The World?by CSPANJUNKIEd0tORG 580,865 views
- 49:56 Christopher Hitchens and Professor John Lennox at the Latimer House (2009)by LogicinspiresLiberty 17,470 views
- 2:59 Galloway tries to justify 9/11 and gets destroyed by Hitchensby GallowayWatch 411,121 views
- 8:26 Richard Dawkins: The Arrogance of Religious Personsby JesusSavesAtCitibank 496,495 views
- 15:16 Jeremy Paxman vs Russell Brandby media1512 229,950 views
- 1:53:25 Is God Great? - Christopher Hitchens vs John Lennoxby StrangerInAustralia 435,723 views
- 5:34 Christopher Hitchens Leaves Opponent Speechlessby XpaleblueX 475,479 views
- 1:48:36 The Greatest Debate of the Decade - Christopher Hitchens vs. George Galloway.by Capriluveda 540,305 views
- 9:45 Christopher Hitchens on Hannity & Colmes about Rev. Falwell's Deathby Berkeley Man 1,529,151 views
- Christopher Hitchens 13,945 videos11K
- 9:43 Russell Brand Interview With NY Times Clipby russellbrandnet 47,699 views
- 1:08 Hitchens' Words of Farewell: 'Remember the love bit'by coolazice 184,796 views
- 8:03 george galloway vs american israeli PRIKby fouzi rezzag 180,208 views
- 7:56 Christopher Hitchens' latest interview: "It's not a good cancer to get."by qwer4o 188,530 views
- 4:56 Christopher Hitchens on Islamby GlobalCop 1,027,908 views
- 1:13:11 Hitchens 2006: Whisky, Cigs & Jeffersonby nightjarflying 135,847 views
- 3:21 Christopher Hitchens Destroys Biblical miracle claimsby thedailyzack 891,756 views
- 1:55 Christopher Hitchens at his finestby Skepgnostic 434,959 views
- Loading more suggestions...