Build Your Own Call Forwarding System Using Twilio Twimlets
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 28, 2011
In this how to, we show you how to build your own call forwarding system by using Twimlets to implement a call transferring functionality where you can give out one phone number (your Twilio number), so that when someone dials that number, Twilio will ring multiple phones and connect the call to the first person to pick-up and accept the call. In case no one picks up, the call goes to voicemail.
We do this by using Twimlets, small web applications that implement voice functionality. Since Twimlets are stateless and all the required data is stored in the URL parameters, you won't need to host this anywhere. All you need to start is a Twilio account, an email address to send the voicemails to and about 3 minutes to spare. Check out the instructional screencast and step by step guide to building this:
Step 1: Head over to the Simulring Twimlets page (http://labs.twilio.com/twimlets/simul...). The Simulring Twimlet will dial 2 or more (up to 5) phone numbers simultaneously, and the first person to answer is connected to the caller. If nobody answers, then the call is optionally forwarded to another URL (which can be another Twimlet).
Step 2: Enter up to 5 Phone numbers that you want to ring into the generator. Also enter a message that you want to play to the person who accepts the call. It should prompt them to press any key to accept the call. You can also paste the URL to an audio file that you want played instead. There is a default message, so you can skip this if you want to.
Step 3: For the FailURL, we are going to generate a Voicemail Twimlet. Click on the Generate button and select Voicemail Twimlet. Enter the email you want the voicemails sent to, a message to be read to the caller (or a URL to an audio file to be played) and select whether you want the voicemails transcribed. Click Ok.
Step 4: Copy the Resulting URL and paste it as the Voice URL for your Twilio Phone number inside your Twilio account.
And that's it!
Standard YouTube License
- 1:07:18 - Startups - Jeff Lawson of Twilio -TWiST #308by This Week In Startups2,195 views
- 21:02 Hot startup Twilio: infrastructure for developers to build telephony apps in the cloudby Robert Scoble4,575 views
- 27:57 Using Apps Script with Twilioby GoogleDevelopers3,621 views
- 14:14 How To Install Open VBX Tutorial - openvbxby gravtex1,565 views
- 40:26 Whats new in Mobile HTMLby GoogleDevelopers2,040 views
- 3:20 Introducing Twilio Clientby Twilio API4,329 views
- 3:53 3 Minute Premium Mobile Website Challenge [brickandmobile.com]by brickandmobile12,144 views
- 6:51 Advanced Call Forwarding (ACF)by homejobsuppliers769 views
- 3:15 Installing the Vonage Phone Deviceby VICNASTY198913,218 views
- 28:35 Native Code on the web: Portable Native Clientby GoogleDevelopers3,709 views
- 51:59 Dialing into the Twilio APIby General Assembly462 views
- 7:34 How to Get a FREE Google Voice Number in Canada. Step by Step guide reveals [HD]by carldavidweb20,079 views
- 4:40 "International Call Forwarding" with skype worldwideby Jodie Thompson4,644 views
- 2:30 Introducing the Twilio SMS APIby Twilio API27,615 views
- 11:43 Is (Vonage) BasicTalk really the cheaper option vs magicJack Plus?by Cube Computer Channel12,272 views
- 1:58 Make Your Business Better With Twilioby Twilio API2,375 views
- 12:24 Don't get fooled by Vonage offers!by Cube Computer Channel4,563 views
- 6:18 Aadesh is shocked to see Shafqat Amanat Ali singing Mitwa Live in SRGMPby Arbaz Abid2,107,927 views
- 18:40 Building Voice Text Messaging Apps With Twilio P.1by pineheadtv1,172 views
- 1:09 Introducing OpenVBX with Twilio Clientby Twilio API2,024 views
- Loading more suggestions...