Cheech & Chong ~ Santa Claus And His Old Lady
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 15, 2011
Cheech & Chong are a comedy duo consisting of Richard "Cheech" Marin and Tommy Chong, who found a wide audience in the 1970s and 1980s for their stand-up routines, which were based on the hippie and free love era, and especially drug culture movements, most notably their love for cannabis. The duo released many successful comedy albums, and starred in a series of low-budget commercials, becoming a successful comedy team. Some of their best-known comedy routines and songs include "Earache My Eye", "Basketball Jones", "Santa Claus and His Old Lady", and "Sister Mary Elephant". Perhaps their all-time most famous line is "Dave's not here", from their self-titled debut album.
Their early success culminated with the release of their first feature-length movie, Up in Smoke, in 1978. Relatively successful, it became something of a cult classic and was successful enough to warrant a sequel, Cheech & Chong's Next Movie, in 1980, and Nice Dreams in 1981. The pair attempted to shy away from stoner comedy with 1984's "Cheech & Chong's The Corsican Brothers" but the film was universally panned by critics and fans alike. They also appeared in smaller supporting roles in Graham Chapman's Yellowbeard and Martin Scorsese's After Hours. In 1985 the duo released their album Get Out of My Room, which included the novelty hit song, "Born in East L.A." (based on Bruce Springsteen's "Born in the U.S.A."). This song would later serve as the basis for the 1987 film of the same name, in which Cheech Marin played the starring role. Immediately following the release of the album, Cheech Marin separated himself from the pair's drug-inspired act by working on a solo career.
After their contentious parting in the 1980s, the duo had a less-than-stellar friendship. Chong recalled going to Cheech's birthday party in 1994 and seeing Cheech "on the couch with his arm around his wife like we had just met. It wasn't comfortable." They somewhat reunited in 2000 to voice characters in the animated television series South Park for the episode "Cherokee Hair Tampons"; though their voices were recorded separately. In 1997, Chong also made an appearance on the show Nash Bridges, which Cheech co-starred alongside Don Johnson. He appeared on an episode entitled "Wild Card", which also featured Philip Michael Thomas, who was Don Johnson's co-star on the popular '80s show Miami Vice. The episode contained a reference to their iconic "Dave" skit from their 1972 debut album.
The duo had plans to reunite for another film when Tommy Chong's California-based company, Chong's Glass, was raided by federal officials on February 25, 2003, as part of a federal crackdown on "drug-related paraphernalia." Tommy Chong pleaded guilty to charges of conspiring to distribute drug paraphernalia in May and on September 11, 2003, was sentenced to nine months in federal prison, fined US$20,000, and forced to forfeit US$120,000 in assets. He served the time between October 8, 2003 and July 7, 2004. Chong agreed to a plea bargain which allowed his son and wife to remain out of jail. With Chong released, the duo planned to resume production on their latest opus. A variety of titles were rumored, including Grumpy Old Stoners. Cheech and Chong announced on September 8, 2005 that the reunion film had been canceled. In a 2007 interview, Chong hinted that the reunion may be back on.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:58 Billy Squier - Christmas Is The Time To Say I Love Youby musicvideoswhd Featured 120,797
- 1:27:14 Cheech and Chong -Nice Dreamsby God Gave Rock N Roll33,489 views
- 12:45 Cheech & Chong: Pedro And Man At The Drive-Innby Squank6329,630 views
- 12:45 Pedro and Mann at the Drive-Inn Originalby Zack Terrill33,282 views
- 6:25 Hot Contestant on Wheel of Fortune.mpgby MPKral18,402,005 views
- 14 videos Play all Cheech & Chong Songsby dtkelly72
- 9:26 Bill Burr - Night of Too Many Stars 2012by Comedy Central1,137,639 views
- 3:59 Let's make a dope deal originalby Zack Terrill40,423 views
- 43:21 Cheech and Chong Roasted - Stand-up Comedyby Lubinha577,094 views
- 6:16 Cheech and Chong (Dave's not here)by cashstore1262,267 views
- 7:02 Cheech & Chong Debate On Fox News About Marijuanaby MarijuanaCommunity207,775 views
- 3:49 White Trash Christmasby Casey3307563,742 views
- 7:43 Cheech & Chong - "Big Bambu" excerpts - stereoby VinylVinnie6021,853 views
- 0:49 Funniest Joke I Ever Heard 1984 Cheech and Chongby AwardsShowNetwork451,402 views
- 5:07 Cheech and Chong funny scenesby YaVitaliyP353,360 views
- 11:28 Cheech and Chong Deleted Scenes up in smoke (FULL)by Andrew Bordeau148,176 views
- 5:06 Cheech & Chong Live 1978 - Blind Melon Chitlinby tk848282,427 views
- 4:19 12 Days Of Guido Christmasby rjnman140,132 views
- 3:40 70's Comedy Sister Mary Elephantby Monique Smith86,007 views
- 6:29 Cheech & Chong Live 1978 - Let's Make A New Dope Dealby tk848228,175 views