Make A Circuit With Me - The Polecats
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 27, 2010
The Polecats are a rockabilly band formed in 1977 in North London. The original line-up was Tim Worman (a.k.a Tim Polecat, vocalist), Martin "Boz" Boorer, (guitarist and vocalist), Phil Bloomberg, (bassist), and Chris Hawkes (drummer), who originally played under the name "Cult Heroes." Finding difficulty persuading promoters to book them on the rockabilly circuit with a name sounding "too punk", they adopted Hawkes' suggested band name The Polecats. Hawkes was later replaced by Neil Rooney.The Polecats played rockabilly with a "punk sense of anarchy and helped revive the genre for a new generation in the early '80s"
The band were first signed by the fledgling British rockabilly record label Nervous Records, and recorded their first single "Rockabilly Guy" at Guitarist Alan Warner's "Lane Studios" in 1979. Formerly with the hugely successful "Foundations" band Warner toured and recorded with the Polecats for about a year.
In 1980 the band signed to Mercury Records, and released their most successful LP, Polecats Are Go! They had UK chart success with a David Bowie cover "John, I'm Only Dancing", a reworking of "Rockabilly Guy", and another cover version of the T-Rex (Marc Bolan) song "Jeepster". In 1983, they hit the charts in the United States with their song "Make a Circuit With Me." Shortly after this, John Buck replaced Neil Rooney on drums.
Two of their songs were on the soundtrack to the 1986 film Joey.
Boz Boorer left the group to work as a guitarist, musical director, and co-songwriter with Morrissey, but led a Polecats reunion in 1989, which produced a live album and a new studio set. Tim Polecat moved to Los Angeles, California and formed the band 13 Cats with drummer Slim Jim of the Stray Cats, stand-up bassist Smutty Smith of The Rockats, and guitarist Danny B. Harvey of The Swing Cats. Musically, Tim Polecat also continues to work as a film composer and solo singer-songwriter.
The band continue to tour and as of summer 2009 are playing gigs in Europe, Japan and USA.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:45 Fine Young Cannibals - She Drives Me Crazyby Back2the80sagainFeatured 8,617,932
- 3:48 Whisper To A Scream (Birds Fly) - Icicle Worksby Elconquistador69too 245,898 views
- 3:25 Pete Shelley "Homosapien" (1981)by neuroticxboyfriend 110,144 views
- 4:39 The Politics Of Dancing - Re-Flexby Elconquistador69too 237,326 views
- 4:12 Come Dancing - The Kinksby Elconquistador69too 1,269,300 views
- 3:31 Rock This Town Stray Cats coverby MyTwangyGuitar 614,852 views
- 4:42 In A Big Countryby AllezCat56 618,480 views
- 8:13 The Quakes - I Miss Youby imzombified 410,258 views
- 2:44 The Pole Cats - Marie Celesteby slaphappynamwen 33,360 views
- 4:16 Oingo Boingo - It's a Dead Man's Partyby weareactualsize 1,398,235 views
- 5:16 Say It Isn't So - Hall & Oatesby Elconquistador69too 968,126 views
- 3:35 Burning Sensations - Belly Of The Whaleby Michael Gonzales 142,014 views
- 3:15 Wonderin' - Neil Young and The Shocking Pinksby Elconquistador69too 179,019 views
- 3:43 JoBoxers - Just Got Luckyby JoeMalino 632,490 views
- 2:29 ROCKABILLY BOOGIE - ROBERT GORDONby damijazz 203,797 views
- 3:28 Stuck In The Middle With You - Stealers Wheelby Elconquistador69too 6,866,105 views
- 6:07 Rockabilly Talk: Smutty Smith & Tim Polecat on Poker Partyby art fein 13,861 views
- 2:37 The Polecats - Rockabilly Guyby Darcie OConnell 93,550 views
- 4:09 Why Me - Planet P Projectby Elconquistador69too 18,463 views
- 3:57 Echo & the Bunnymen - Cutterby Helios814 727,498 views
- Loading more suggestions...