History of Apple Inc
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 7, 2011
First Apple was designed by Steve Wozniak. Steve Jobs, a friend had the idea of selling the computer. Exhibited at Homebrew Computer Club in April 1976 and went on sale in July 1976 at a price of $666.66. About 200 30-chip units were assambled. However, users had to add case, power supply, keyboard & display. A cassete interface for storage was released later at $75.
Apple Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL; previously Apple Computer, Inc.) is an American multinational corporation that designs and markets consumer electronics, computer software, and personal computers. The company's best-known hardware products include the Macintosh line of computers, the iPod, the iPhone and the iPad. Apple software includes the Mac OS X operating system; the iTunes media browser; the iLife suite of multimedia and creativity software; the iWork suite of productivity software; Aperture, a professional photography package; Final Cut Studio, a suite of professional audio and film-industry software products; Logic Studio, a suite of music production tools; the Safari web browser; and iOS, a mobile operating system. As of October 2010, the company operates 317 retail stores in ten countries, and an online store where hardware and software products are sold. As of September 2011, Apple is the largest publicly traded company in the world by market capitalization and the largest technology company in the world by revenue and profit.
Established on April 1, 1976 in Cupertino, California, and incorporated January 3, 1977, the company was previously named Apple Computer, Inc., for its first 30 years, but removed the word "Computer" on January 9, 2007, to reflect the company's ongoing expansion into the consumer electronics market in addition to its traditional focus on personal computers. As of September 2010, Apple had 46,600 full time employees and 2,800 temporary full time employees worldwide and had worldwide annual sales of $65.23 billion.
For reasons as various as its philosophy of comprehensive aesthetic design to its distinctive advertising campaigns, Apple has established a unique reputation in the consumer electronics industry. This includes a customer base that is devoted to the company and its brand, particularly in the United States. Fortune magazine named Apple the most admired company in the United States in 2008, and in the world in 2008, 2009, and 2010. The company has also received widespread criticism for its contractors' labor, environmental, and business practices.
Standard YouTube License
- 5:57 The History of Apple and Steve Jobs: the Home Computer to the iPod, iPhone and iPadby WatchMojo.com Featured 21,797
- 9:07 The History of Apple in under 10 minutesby rickt42uk728,112 views
- 3:03 Product Line: Apple Inc.by Vidpedia2,746 views
- 13:26 The History of Apple Computerby Justin Batzel28,975 views
- 10:01 Steve Jobs Documentary 2010 Part 1by computertwit484,874 views
- 8:03 The Full History of Apple: 1976 - 2008by C4LV1N072,767 views
- 6:28 Steve Jobs present "Macintosh" 1984, apple history,by Roger Romero210,586 views
- Apple 36 videos1M
- 9:03 History of Apple's founder Steve Jobs 1955-2011by ProtectSouthOssetia6,909 views
- 1:32:36 Steve Jobs introduces Original iPad - Apple Special Event (2010)by EverySteveJobsVideo329,772 views
- 9:08 The Full History of Appleby AnInformationCentre4,730 views
- 7:23 Apple Inc. - Innovation Management - Group 3by 606ll16,217 views
- 7:01 iGeneration - How Apple Changed The World : Documentaryby Sam Burbury2,289 views
- 54 videos Play all Macsby jwbjnwolf
- 6:34 Apple on the History Channelby shadowlock24,080 views
- 7:02 History of Microsoft -- 1975by jonpaulmoen36,097 views
- 4:44 Steve Wozniak First In Line To Buy iPhone 4Sby TechCrunch70,785 views
- 38:32 Apple Keynote 1997 Boston - Steve Jobs Backby Evgeny Z7,985 views
- 1:57 The Birth of Apple Inc.by all about Steve Jobs.com40,570 views
- 9:23 Apple Historyby Nahuu Roselló42,364 views