Eugene Jarecki Interview - The House I Live In
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Nov 19, 2012
Eugene Jarecki hopes his documentary The House I Live In can change public opinion and raise awareness on drug policy and the war on drugs. Eugene chats about the success of his Move Your Money campaign, encouraging people to move money from Too Big To Fail banks to smaller community banks, and how he'd like to have a similar grassroots impact on drug policy. Watch exclusive preview & clip from The House I Live In http://youtu.be/h6CQh5U_VSQ
http://bit.ly/movie-interviews-tv - Watch more movie interviews!
http://FlicksAndTheCity.com - Visit Flicks and the City!
http://facebook.com/FlicksAndTheCity - Like Flicks and the City on Facebook!
http://twitter.com/flickscity - Follow Flicks and the City on Twitter!
Interviewer: Jan Gilbert
http://twitter.com/jan_gilbert - Follow Jan on Twitter!
http://JanGilbert.co.uk - Visit JanGilbert.co.uk!
Check out The House I Live In official site http://thehouseilivein.co.uk
Eugene Jarecki chats about his documentary The House I Live In, how BBC Storyville Commissioning Editor Nick Fraser gave him the opportunity to make the film and how this encouraged others including the Sundance Documentary Fund and Arte to support his project. Eugene outlines some shocking statistics, including how African-Americans are disproportionately represented in the number of people imprisoned for drug offences. He describes how crack offences have historically been punished 100 times more severely than powder cocaine offences and how 90% of those processed in the federal prison system for crack crimes are black. Eugene Jarecki hopes his movie helps people see drugs as a health and recreational issue, rather than a criminal one.
The House I Live In trailer preview clip spoiler soundtrack and teaser http://youtu.be/p6eVxRk11go. Eugene Jarecki has also directed Why We Fight and Freakonomics, Reagan and The Trials of Henry Kissinger and appeared on HBO's Real Time with Bill Maher, The Daily Show, Jon Stewart, Democracy Now, Fox and Friends.
Thanks to Sundance London Film and Music Festival http://www.sundance-london.com
Standard YouTube License
- 10:27 "The House I Live In": New Film Exposes Economic, Moral Failure of U.S. War on Drugs. 1 of 2by democracynow Featured 22,662
- 1:36:43 Strecker Memorandum Good Quality Versionby Omar Zaid1,743 views
- 22:22 End of Watch Interview - Michael Penaby Flicks And The City19,512 views
- 58:33 The Smell of Paradiseby olabeast2,966 views
- 7:47 from Eugene Jarecki's documentary " The house I live in"by Niki Riki1,381 views
- 1:36:47 BBC Storyville: American Idol - Ronald Reagan Documentaryby Dinimess2k770,247 views
- 8:15 The House I Live In (Drug War Documentary) Clip - Systematic Destruction of Peopleby river .ofswans1,748 views
- 9:52 Storyville - Prostitution Behind the Veil - Iran (Pt. 1)by thelambethwalkSE1152,246 views
- 7:06 The House I Live In director Eugene Jarecki on the war on drugs: 'Everybody is a victim'by TheGuardian10,207 views
- 23:54 ReThink Interview - Eugene Jarecki, director of THE HOUSE I LIVE INby Jonathan Kim1,056 views
- 55:44 BBC Four - The Curse of Oil - 1 Rich and Poorby maan10028330,677 views
- 34:54 DP/30 @ Sundance 2012: The House I Live In, documentarian Eugene Jareckiby DP/3012,469 views
- 9:59 Great Discussion on Bill Maher About The Drug Warby ksalbrecht8890,395 views
- 1:39:05 Why We Fight (A Film By Eugene Jarecki) (480p) (cc)by Imaginari Pacem191,357 views
- 5:29 The House I Live In Documentary - Short Clipby Mack7mle1,215 views
- 9:53 Bad Boy - UK (pt.1)by Africans Arise111,664 views
- 4:39 Arrested for Cocaine on MLKby MadisonFloridaVoice5,119 views
- 10:00 AMAZING TIMOTHY LEARY INTERVIEWby billschannel345,965 views
- 4:13 The Real RACIST Reason Why Drugs Are Illegal in USA (BBC Documentary)by mike44wo559 views
- 1:06:30 Screening and Discussion of 'The House I Live In' | Institute of Politicsby Harvard University1,351 views
- Loading more suggestions...