Animating Autism Official TRAILER
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 15, 2011
Karl Weygandt CEO & Founder of Beyond1film Presents in Association with CONFLUENCE FILMS
Animating Autism has won Best Documentary at the 2011 Greater Lehigh Valley Filmmaker Festival presented by ArtsQuest.
Director, Editor John Gross
Director Sean Feely
DP Eric Sciole
APJason Taylor,Sandy Mitchel
OM By Jesse Summers & Ian McGuire
AWARDS ANNOUNCED FOR 2011 GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY FILMMAKER FESTIVAL goes to Beyond1film for Animating Autism for Best Documentary
Welcome to Beyond1film
Ecuadorian Director,Producer Karl Weygandt
This FILM is dedicated to all the kids in the world that have Autism. Thank you all that have help put this FILM together.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for Special Appearences at your School, Business, Theater and for FILM purchase.
"We were pleasantly surprised by how many submissions we received," says Ryan Hill, Programming Manager in charge of Cinema & Comedy for ArtsQuest. "We knew there was a community of filmmakers out there, but didn't know it was this strong. We hope to be able to establish this festival as an annual event, and this is a great start."
The awards for the 2011 Greater Lehigh Valley Filmmaker Festival will go to the following submissions:
• Best Feature: The Obsession
• Best Short: One Way Out
• Special Technical Achievement: Here
• Best Documentary: Animating Autism
• Best Young Filmmaker: A Rough Draft Animating Autism is a feature-length documentary on autism that follows 7 individuals on the spectrum as they collaborate on creating a short animated film.
Beginning in mid-January of this year Beyond 1 Film organized a hand-drawn animation class for individuals with autism. The workshops were held at the Autism Society of Berks County in Reading, PA. The society's Vice President, Jennifer Shumard, was kind enough to host the weekly event at the Autism Society's office. Animating Autism documents the process of creative collaboration and follows Andrew, Cal, Blake, Jayson, Kaleigh, Nicco, and Isaiah as they form friendships and learn about the techniques and technology needed to turn their sketches into movies.
The class was taught by John Serpentelli (http://www.serpentelli.com/). John has been creating animation for over 15 years. Often collaborating with children and using a variety of techniques and software, Serpentelli has directed nearly 100 short films for networks such as Nick Jr., Noggin, HBO Family and Sesame Street. He is currently a professor at the University of the Arts in Philadelphia.
A screening of the rough cut was held on June 19 at the Newmanstown Theater in Newmanstown, PA. It was a fun, intimate event during which all of the families and individuals involved in making the film had the opportunity to share what they thought worked or didn't work. The event provided us with a lot of great, honest feedback.
At last, the final cut is complete and DVDs will soon be available to purchase on our Amazon CreateSpace page. We will keep you posted.
Here are some Links that may help.
Award wining Film company Beyond1Film is a production company from Philadelphia. New office is in Manhattan as of June 12, 2012. Welcome to Beyond1film from Music Video to Documentary to BIG Budget Movies to small we will make your vision come to life. From Ecuador Karl Tomas Weygandt is the Next Generation of Director & Producer.
Best Documentary Animating Autism 2011
( 2010 Leigh Whipper GOLD AWARD )
For Short FILM
"Twilight of the Idols"
Standard YouTube License
- 14:08 What is Autism? Do you know the signs?by behaviorfrontiers309,105 views
- 6:59 I hate my autistic daughter (Dr.Phil)by AspieEyes472,991 views
- 14:57 I Survived....Beyond and Back.aviby beverlyhillspolice257,084 views
- 4:16 Eugene filmmaker portrays autism struggle in documentaryby KOINNews328 views
- 2:32 Autistic Child Has an Outburst | This Is Autismby Discovery Fit and Health152,263 views
- 5:58 *Andrea Clearfield's Salon Celebrates 25 Yrs in Philadelphiaby Beyond1film2,306 views
- 10:00 Talk about Autism filmby Ambitious about Autism22,581 views
- 8:23 Letter to my Father (Short Film - Asperger, Autism Poem)by ravenswingpoetry1,303 views
- 12:03 Kathie Lee Gifford Makes Autistic Kid Cry on TVby TheEthanUllman976,596 views
- 2:22 The United States of Autism (Official Trailer)by janson1,040 views
- 1:23:20 Marry me. Part 1 full movie in English.xvid.aviby soeychanloy5,060,375 views
- 8:17 Living & Learning With Autism- Obsessions, Gifts, And Talentsby Mathew Ryan Morin1,131 views
- 3:59 Robert Parish. Autism Documentaryby hireparish8,062 views
- 15:08 Our Floortime Success Storyby Margaret Motamed8,683 views
- 5:32 Ableism Documentary with RSA Animationby rhymeswithbowie5,339 views
- 4:00 The Art of Autism - revisedby Debra Hosseini349 views
- 2:22 Making Our Way: Autism (featuring Dr. Temple Grandin) Official trailerby MPBN3,728 views
- 8:40 10-Year-Old Blind Autistic Boy Sings "Open the Eyes of my Heart"by Mark Sohmer4,724,411 views
- 4:59 "Fixing" Autismby jlmelgarejo267,694 views
- 3:55 Scott James - Through My Eyes - Autism Awarenessby Scott James229,327 views
- Loading more suggestions...