How to Make Green Beer
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 9, 2009
See what you can learn on the go with the new Howcast App for iPhone and iPad: http://bit.ly/11ZmFOu
Watch more St. Patrick's Day Survival Guide videos: http://www.howcast.com/guides/202-St-...
Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - http://bit.ly/uLaHRS
What would St. Patrick's Day be without green beer? Here's how to make it—with and without food dye.
Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: http://bit.ly/ytmainplaylists
Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels:
Howcast Dance & Entertainment Channel - http://bit.ly/vmB86i
Howcast Family Channel - http://bit.ly/16dz9oH
Howcast Food & Drink Channel - http://bit.ly/umBoJX
Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - http://bit.ly/vbbNt3
Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - http://bit.ly/vKjUjm
Howcast Tech Channel - http://bit.ly/rx9FwR
Howcast Video Games Channel - http://bit.ly/tYKKrk
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more.
Step 1: Chill beer mugs
Chill some 16-ounce beer mugs in the freezer.
Step 2: Add food coloring
When the glasses are nice and frosty, add a few drops of green food coloring to the bottom of each.
Step 3: Substitute curaçao
If you'd prefer not to use food dye, add of shot of blue curaçao liquor to each mug instead of the coloring.
Be sure to add the coloring or the liquor before you pour the beer, or else you'll have to stir it.
Step 4: Add beer
Pour light-colored ale into the chilled mug, since beer that's dark to start will just get darker when dyed. Add more food coloring if necessary.
Step 5: Raise your glass
Raise your glass and offer this traditional Irish blessing: 'May the road rise to meet you; May the wind be always at your back; May the sun shine warm upon your face; And rains fall soft upon your field; And until we meet again; May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.'
Did You Know?
When St. Patrick was 16 years old, pirates captured him in his native Wales and sold him as a slave in Ireland.
Standard YouTube License
- 9:36 How to Make Drinks (Beer, milk, lemonade, coffee) for Miniature Dollhouse scene. By Garden of Imaginationby GardenOfImagination Featured 190,665
- 2:47 How to Celebrate St. Patrick's Day like an Irishmanby Howcast408,778 views
- 1:41 How to Get a Free Drink from a Bartenderby Howcast192,726 views
- 1:12 How to Make a Shot Glass out of Iceby Howcast829,518 views
- 3:12 How to Throw a St. Patrick's Day Partyby Howcast26,583 views
- 26:18 How To Make Beer (full)by waterball63,925 views
- 41:15 Brewing a Falconer's Flight IPA... With Joe! (And maybe some bloopers at the end...)by terpsichoreankid40,285 views
- 35:32 How to Brew Your Own Craft Beerby Otis Bradley59,459 views
- 45 videos Play all Drinksby longoria2310
- 24:26 Easy Home Brewing - Very Detailed Review of Mr Beer Pt 1by CraigTube15,641 views
- 2:08 How to make Green Beer - Tipsy Bartenderby TipsyBartender42,603 views
- 30:03 NITL: Introduction to All Grain Brewing w/ Sam Fondaby blakeerea21,563 views
- 23:52 ALL-GRAIN BREWING WITH JOHN PALMERby NorthernBrewerTV126,225 views
- 27:07 Easy Home Brewing - Prohibition Whiskey Kitby CraigTube64,487 views
- 16:21 NORTHERN BREWER ESSENTIAL STARTER KITby NorthernBrewerTV59,315 views
- 46:53 Homebrewing Fundamentals - All-Grain Brewing Basicsby MaltCast9,877 views
- 29:19 How to All Grain Brewby HokieHomeBrew104,964 views
- 20:10 Brewing TV - Episode 67: How to Make Hard Ciderby BrewingTV107,231 views
- 11:14 How To Make Beer In A Pumpkin: Cask'O'Lantern Homebrewby HungryNation22,700 views
- 4:13 how to make beerby poor4life139,912 views