This video is unavailable.
How to get into UCLA nursing | UCLA school of nursing | UCLA nursing program | UCLA nursing school
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on May 23, 2012
Get some info on UCLA nursing at http://california.nursinghere.com/nur...
There may well be some educational prerequisites that you need to have to get into nursing schools in California especially the UCLA nursing program. They often include English, math, as well as other basic level courses. You will need to have undertaken general courses in biology, anatomy and physiology. The coursework you face will incorporate anatomy and physiology in addition to pathology and pharmacology. There is a major emphasis placed on functional procedural education which includes insertion of urinary and intravenous catheters, the exchanging of sterile dressing, administration of medications in a proper manner, physical examinations by using a caring bedside manner toward patients.
Having obtained basic skills after the first semester, students are able to rotate into different fields such as , Surgical, Obstetrics, Medical, Mental Health, Critical Care, Oncology, and Paediatric Units giving you a great insight into the different branches of nursing and what it entails. You may be able to use some of the great educational software to help with studying and also as a training aid.
Some Nursing programs in California include an accelerated Bachelors degree. The Accelerated BSN can be considered as a variation of the Second Degree BSN. An Accelerated BSN program allows you to complete your course requirements in the undergraduate nursing program much quicker than if you were enrolled in a traditional BSN nursing program. It usually takes 12 months to complete an Accelerated BSN program.
BSN programs may take 5 to 6 years in areas where there is a high demand and entrances to the nursing courses are limited. A 3.0 GPA may be an entrance requirement for some programs into nursing schools in California. Some of the top ten nursing schools in California may require much higher GPA scores if you want to be ensured of a place on the course.
If you want to find out more information on UCLA nursing program and the best nursing schools in California and how you can evaluate them, go to the website. http://california.nursinghere.com/
Music by Kevin McLeod on video http://youtu.be/XZBi5T0lQTk
Standard YouTube License
- 3:02 First week of nursing schoolby Rona004Featured 23,749
- 43:47 Solved ~ Betrayal - YouTubeby Criminologist1969 11,363 views
- 11:23 How to get into nursing schoolby JadeyJuriansz 1,920 views
- 5:24 Your Nursing Future Starts at UCLA School of Nursingby UCLA Health 5,391 views
- 11:22 Study Tips for Nursing Schoolby Rona004 21,420 views
- 2:27 Getting Into Nursing School: Acceptance or Non-Acceptance Letter: Part 1by adamdashawn 3,862 views
- 8:47 Fall 2012 UC Davis School of Nursing how to applyby UCDavisNursingSchool 555 views
- 8:30 Day 15 - Failing Nursing Schoolby TheNurseChannel 33,832 views
- 0:41 Your Contribution to the UCLA School of Nursing Makes a Differenceby UCLA Health 538 views
- 10:36 Finished one year of Nursing Schoolby Rona004 8,560 views
- 11:51 Video Request: Why do I want to be a nurse? -from Shellybean121by Robin's Nursing Journey 1,838 views
- 9:29 Nursing School Vlog 2 - My program and tips on getting into Nursing Schoolby criswithnoh 2,274 views
- 45:23 Exit Interview: How Jennifer Got Into UCLA Andersonby BeatTheGMATCommunity 1,762 views
- 9:27 A Day In The Life At UCLAby tsopp 33,732 views
- 40:20 Amazing Hypnotic Bedtime Story A Sleep Hypnosis Fairytale That Makes You Fall Asleepby Jody Whiteley 155,077 views
- 4:17 NUR 101: Introduction to Nursing Schoolby PineappleCrush2 40,840 views
- 11:56 Nurse, Medical/Surgical unit, career interview from drkit.orgby DrKitVideos 18,922 views
- 10:02 RN Residency Program at Children's Hospital Los Angelesby childrensLA 20,589 views
- 9:40 Nursing school: Getting in (some tips)by juliannehola 2,194 views
- 6:30 Didn't get accepted into nursing programby Jaidensmommy6110 2,239 views
- Loading more suggestions...