Angels And Monsters
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Sep 16, 2012
4 Standards of work By Mr. ARUNPURANG
I am a writer, speaker and consultant in the field of talent intelligence. I have done years of research to come up with the four standards of work, which was taught at IIM Bangalore as part of Organizational Behavior. Get started with the following profile of Arun Purang:
Web site: http://www.arunpurang.com/
One day, a daughter came to her mother and asked, "Mother, I have read many stories about monsters and angels. Are they useful in real life?"
The mother replied, "Yes, they are very useful and relevant in our day-to-day life."
"How?" asked the daughter
Mother started, "Monsters and Angels are our own creations. We are their legitimate guardians and responsible for their well-being. Each of them promises a definite reward, provided-we invoke them and allow them to become our masters. As these masters grow bigger and bigger, they leave many cues behind. We can use these cues to invoke them. These cues can be smell, picture, feeling, memory or anything that can sensitize us.
These cues are like auto-dialed mobile phones. Once, you pick up a cue, in no time you are connected to these masters with full signal.
However, a word of caution, once you invoke these masters, you switch to auto-pilot mode, where you are just flowing with the flow without making many conscious choices.
The reward of monster looks very enticing; however it is unhealthy and addictive. The reward of an angel in healthy, productive and librating."
Daughter asked the mother, "Can you be more specific? What monsters and angels, you are talking about?"
Mother replied, "Monsters are your bad habits and Angels are your good habits."
"Let's take an example. When you get up. You can feel that your breath is not fresh. Bad breadth can be your cue, which can invoke the angels. They will immediately take control and will make you get up, pickup your brush and start cleaning your teeth without you making many conscious choices."
Daughter asked, "I got it. Tell me an example of the monster."
Mother replied, "Many people do the nail-biting and when doctors studied them, they found it, some of them do it, whenever confronted with stressful event or when they are bored or hungry."
So, their cues are stress, boredom or hunger, however their reward is feeling stress free and relaxed."
So, whenever they are stressful, bored or hungry, a monster is invoked and given the permission to turn-on the auto-pilot mode."
Daughter thought for a second and asked, "Can I turn a monster to an angel?"
Mother replied, "Yes, you can turn a monster to an angel, if you can change the routine you perform between cue and reward."
Mother replied, "cues are not bad, they are very natural. Rewards are not bad as they are also natural. However, routines you perform between cues and rewards can make the whole experience healthy or unhealthy."
Moral of the story:-
Good habits are your angels and bad habits are monsters. You can convert the monster into angel by changing the routine you do between the cue and reward.
Standard YouTube License
- 8:16 The HALLOWEEN Season (Section 4): Repairing the Spiritual Damage from Practicing Halloweenby CAUGHTUPALIVE1669 views
- 16:16 Kathy Reads: Invisible Monsters chapter 2by Kathy Beavers23 views
- 2:18 Inside Riverby Arun P108 views
- 3:09 Labels Are Traps, Ignorance Is Blissby Arun P92 views
- 1:28 Center of the worldby Arun P79 views
- 2:55 Four Gearsby Arun P120 views
- 2:13 Old Church Song by michael t536 views
- 1:43 World Is Like Maternity Wardby Arun P103 views
- 4:42 Benjamin Dube feat. Judith Sephuma - Oh Give Thanksby Spirittunez193,248 views
- 1:21 Climbing Lifeby Arun P5,757 views
- 1:17 Three Types Of Competitionby Arun P138 views
- 4:33 Voice Of The Beehive : Monsters & Angels Live '03by gigaddiction13,715 views
- 3:02 Quiet Angels.wmvby shirleymoy45 views
- 1:46 Four stages of work lifeby Arun P118 views
- 3:05 Supernatural [Original]by Aaron Cohen251 views
- 3:06 Voice Of The Beehive - Monsters And Angelsby mymusicfootage902 views
- 8:10 Lilia's 23rd Week of Life!by GabeandJesss21,821 views
- 3:45 Ylvis - The Fox (What Does the Fox Say?) [Official music video HD]by tvnorge276,314,743 views
- 3:14 I had to climb the mountain - master videoby M Brown21 views
- 1:20 Jerry Sandusky does not testify in molestation trial; defense rests, closing arguments nextby Trendingnewnews54 views
- Loading more suggestions...