Fidel Castro full movie
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 9, 2011
Fidel Alejandro Castro Ruz (Spanish: [fiˈðel ˈkastro]; born August 13, 1926) is a Cuban revolutionary and politician, having held the position of Prime Minister of Cuba from 1959 to 1976, and then President from 1976 to 2008. He also served as the First Secretary of the Communist Party of Cuba from the party's foundation in 1961 until 2011. Politically a Marxist-Leninist, under his administration the Republic of Cuba was converted into a one-party socialist state, with industry and business being nationalised under state ownership and socialist reforms implemented in all areas of society.
Born the illegitimate son of a wealthy farmer, Castro became involved in leftist anti-imperialist politics whilst studying law at the University of Havana. Subsequently involving himself in armed rebellions against right wing governments in the Dominican Republic and Colombia, he went on to conclude that the U.S.-backed Cuban President Fulgencio Batista, who was widely seen as a dictator, had to be overthrown; to this end he led a failed armed attack on the Moncada Barracks in 1953. Imprisoned for a year, he then traveled to Mexico, and with the aid of his brother Raúl Castro and friend Che Guevara, he assembled together a group of Cuban revolutionaries, the July 26 Movement. Returning with them to Cuba, he took a key role in the Cuban Revolution, leading a successful guerrilla war against Batista's forces, with Batista himself fleeing into exile in 1959.
Castro subsequently became Commander in Chief of the armed forces and shortly thereafter became Prime Minister. His involvement in the overthrow of Batista, as well as a suspected relationship with Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev, alarmed the United States, who through the CIA organised the failed Bay of Pigs invasion in 1961 to overthrow his government, before proceeding to orchestrate repeated assassination attempts against him and implement an economic blockade of Cuba. To counter this threat, Castro forged an alliance with the Soviet Union and allowed them to store nuclear weapons on the island, leading to the events of the Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962. Adopting Marxism-Leninism as his guiding ideology, in 1961 Castro proclaimed the socialist nature of the Cuban revolution, and in 1965 became First Secretary of the newly founded Communist Party, with all other parties being abolished. He then led the transformation of Cuba into a socialist republic, nationalising industry and introducing free universal healthcare and education, as well as suppressing internal opposition. A keen internationalist, Castro then introduced Cuban medical brigades who worked throughout the developing world, and aided a number of foreign revolutionary socialist groups in the hope of toppling world capitalism.
In 1976 he became President of the Council of State as well as of the Council of Ministers. On the international stage, he held the post of Secretary-General of the Non-Aligned Movement from 1979 to 1983. Following the collapse of key ally the Soviet Union in 1991, Castro led Cuba into its economic "Special Period", before then taking the country into the Bolivarian Alliance for the Americas in 2006 and forging economic and political alliances with other nations in the Latin American "Pink Tide". Amidst failing health, in 2006 Castro transferred his responsibilities to Vice-President Raúl Castro, who was then elected President when Fidel stepped down in 2008.
Castro is a controversial and highly divisive world figure, being lauded as a champion of anti-imperialism, humanitarianism, environmentalism and the world's poor by his supporters, but alternately his critics have accused him of being a dictator whose authoritarian administration has overseen multiple human rights abuses. Nonetheless, he has had a significant influence on the politics of a number of other world leaders, namely Nelson Mandela, Hugo Chávez and Evo Morales, and he is widely idolised by many leftists, socialists and anti-imperialists across the world.
Standard YouTube License
- 7:58 Fidel Castro Attacks Canada?by Jason Unruhe Featured 5,221
- 2:31:15 Revolucija Fidel Kastra .aviby Narodni Front24,065 views
- 1:51:49 Fidel Castro Un Hombre de Poder.(*Conoce a tu enemigo, como a tí mismo.)by Julio César Soler Baró19,353 views
- 50:39 Historia de Camilo Cienfuegos y su desaparicionby eripere394,336 views
- 46:09 La Cuba de Fidel y sus negocios con el Cartel de Medellìn y Pablo Escobar.mp4by Edo Herrera132,107 views
- 26:03 BBC Infamous Assassinations: Che Guevara (Documentary)by AssassinationsBBC133,879 views
- 53:03 Entrevista a Fidel Castro por Ignacio Ramonetby Диего Диас27,812 views
- 44:54 La Revolución Cubana (History Chanel)by Fernando Villavicencio Martinez76,664 views
- 14 videos Play all Cuban Moviesby rmulkey7
- 1:31:39 Cuba: Fidel Castro y la revoluciónby Historiador Argentino91,508 views
- 2:10:00 Andrea - Pelicula Dominicana Completa (Terror)by MusicGrindModePromo53,564 views
- 1:31:39 Fidel La Historia No Contada EEUU 2001 Documental DVDRip XviD Bravo Filmsby André Abeledo Fernández92,072 views
- 1:20:09 CUBA BEFORE FIDEL CASTROby Netfor CubaVideos57,155 views
- 56:49 Yo, Fidel Castro. 4. El Che Guevaraby Диего Диас27,209 views
- 45:07 Fidel 48hs. en Bs. As. (2003) Documental Fidel Castro en Argentinaby haroldemur18,797 views
- 7:16 Fidel Castro in New Yorkby cajuscajus57,927 views
- 47:49 MARIA ELVIRA SHOW 11/14/2013by Maria Elvira Salazar3,624 views
- 1:02:18 Fidel Castro: US Wrongdoingby Joe Friendly122,657 views
- 1:03:11 FIDELITY - A Documentary about Cuba without Castroby DillingerVideo14,346 views
- 9:13 20/20 Fidel Castro interview - Barbara Walters [2of6]by Reyesh73,627 views