Bush, Blair wanted for war crimes: Boyle
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Oct 20, 2012
A prominent international lawyer says former US President George W. Bush, and former UK Prime Minister Tony Blair stand guilty of crimes against peace, war crimes and torture, Press TV reports.
In November 2011, the Kuala Lumpur War Crimes Tribunal, in which Francis Boyle, a professor of international law at the University of Illinois, led the prosecution team, convicted Bush and Blair of crimes against peace and humanity, and genocide over their roles in the Iraq war.
On May 11, 2012, the tribunal also found Bush, former US Vice President Dick Cheney and former US Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld guilty of the crime of torture.
"We will keep after Bush and Blair for sure for crimes against peace, war crimes and torture in general," Boyle told Press TV in a recent interview.
"We got them both convicted of a Nuremberg crime against peace," he added while referring to the US-led invasion of Iraq in 2003 and the principles of international law recognized in the Charter of the Nuremberg Tribunal.
According to Principles of the Nuremberg Tribunal, planning, preparation, initiation or waging of a war of aggression or a war in violation of international treaties, agreements or assurances are crimes "punishable" under international law.
In September, Archbishop Desmond Tutu said Blair and Bush should be taken to the International Criminal Court (ICC) in The Hague over their roles in the Iraq war. "We are making efforts now to do this," Boyle stated, adding, "We tried to get Bush in Switzerland, but his lawyers advised him not to go to Switzerland. I tried three times to get Bush in Canada, but unfortunately the Canadian government protected Bush."
"The wheels of justice might turn slowly, but they do turn."
Boyle also criticized the ICC for its failure to bring to justice US, UK and Israeli criminals.
"So far, they are just going after black thugs from Africa and not dealing with this wholesale mass murderers and criminals from the United States, Britain and Israel," he said.
Boyle condemned the Israeli regime for "inflicting outright genocide on the Palestinians in Gaza," adding that there will be hearings in November in Malaysia on the issue of Palestine.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:33:28 Christopher Hitchens on Britain: Lady Chatterley, Tony Blair, Winston Churchill, Princess Dianaby The Film Archives Featured 19,711
- 25:08 Press TV's Documentary -- Who Rules America? (I)by PressTVGlobalNews23,370 views
- 24:32 'CIA killed 9/11 author in black ops hit'by PressTVGlobalNews193,011 views
- 26:15 Untold Truths about War on Iran -- Press TV's Documentaryby PressTVGlobalNews103,713 views
- 25:35 US-led death squads fuel chaos in Syria: Dr. Tarpleyby PressTVGlobalNews10,481 views
- 47:39 "I'm talking more openly than I'm comfortable with . ." - Gordon Duff w/ Jeff Renseby urupiper213,120 views
- 2:23:36 STRATEGIC RELOCATION the film FULL VERSION HQ from Alex Jones / Infowars & Joel Skousenby Luxetti55,500 views
- 23:18 'Bush, Blair must be tried for war crimes'by TheRiverMersey5,093 views
- 52:33 Entering into The Age of Darkness with Dr. Francis Boyle [Full]by Jason Chan3,969 views
- 6:03 Hidden US Warcrimes against over 1 Million german POW's (Other Losses)by john Doe30,623 views
- 55:06 Dispatches - The War Crimes Filesby BangshalBoy7,026 views
- 9:52 Bush & Cheney Knew About 9/11 Months Before It Happened Says Whistleblower Charged Under Patriot Actby MOXNEWSd0tC0M264,560 views
- 2:06 Tony Blair Publicly humiliated by Reg Keys MUST SEEby cip188383,788 views
- 1:44:47 [HQ] Christopher Hitchens vs Tony Blair - Religion - A Force For Good? by GodlessUK8,249 views
- 25:56 Bush, Blair wanted for war crimes: Boyleby AllDunyaNews1,699 views
- 14:51 Bush and Blair found guilty of war crimes for Iraq attackby jeffduce55810 views
- 55:55 Bush Family Fortunes (2003)by MasterpieceConCen624,827 views
- 19:50 War Criminal Tony Blair Wants More Warby TheLibertarian4life6,485 views
- 1:48:51 Infowars Nightly News: Thursday (1-10-13) Francis Boyle & James Tracyby ConspiracyScope2,919 views
- 8:43 BUSH ARRESTED FOR WARCRIMES? (it's only a matter of time) HOW FAR RIGHT WILL THEY GO?by 487shawn11,759 views
- Loading more suggestions...