Armed Chinese Troops in Texas!
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 6, 2011
http://revolutionpac.com/defense Make sure to LIKE, FAVORITE, SHARE, and COMMENT. Lets push this to the top!
NOTE: It is important to separate hunting down terrorists who attack our country and deserve justice (which Ron Paul is 100% for), and not confuse justice with occupying entire countries for a decade under the guise of the "War on Terror" or "Spreading Democracy". Terrorists are individuals and small groups, so why are we picking fights with entire nations? BILLIONS for Defense, NOT A PENNY for Empire.
This speech is called "Imagine" and it was given by Ron Paul on March 11, 2009. The original text of the talk is below:
Imagine for a moment that somewhere in the middle of Texas there was a large foreign military base, say Chinese or Russian. Imagine that thousands of armed foreign troops were constantly patrolling American streets in military vehicles. Imagine they were here under the auspices of "keeping us safe" or "promoting democracy" or "protecting their strategic interests."
Imagine that they operated outside of US law, and that the Constitution did not apply to them. Imagine that every now and then they made mistakes or acted on bad information and accidentally killed or terrorized innocent Americans, including women and children, most of the time with little to no repercussions or consequences. Imagine that they set up checkpoints on our soil and routinely searched and ransacked entire neighborhoods of homes. Imagine if Americans were fearful of these foreign troops, and overwhelmingly thought America would be better off without their presence.
Imagine if some Americans were so angry about them being in Texas that they actually joined together to fight them off, in defense of our soil and sovereignty, because leadership in government refused or were unable to do so. Imagine that those Americans were labeled terrorists or insurgents for their defensive actions, and routinely killed, or captured and tortured by the foreign troops on our land. Imagine that the occupiers' attitude was that if they just killed enough Americans, the resistance would stop, but instead, for every American killed, ten more would take up arms against them, resulting in perpetual bloodshed. Imagine if most of the citizens of the foreign land also wanted these troops to return home. Imagine if they elected a leader who promised to bring them home and put an end to this horror.
Imagine if that leader changed his mind once he took office.
The reality is that our military presence on foreign soil is as offensive to the people that live there as armed Chinese troops would be if they were stationed in Texas. We would not stand for it here, but we have had a globe-straddling empire and a very intrusive foreign policy for decades that incites a lot of hatred and resentment towards us.
According to our own CIA, our meddling in the Middle East was the prime motivation for the horrific attacks on 9/11. But instead of re-evaluating our foreign policy, we have simply escalated it. We had a right to go after those responsible for 9/11, to be sure, but why do so many Americans feel as if we have a right to a military presence in some 160 countries when we wouldn't stand for even one foreign base on our soil, for any reason? These are not embassies, mind you, these are military installations. The new administration is not materially changing anything about this. Shuffling troops around and playing with semantics does not accomplish the goals of the American people, who simply want our men and women to come home. 50,000 troops left behind in Iraq is not conducive to peace any more than 50,000 Russian soldiers would be in the United States.
Shutting down military bases and ceasing to deal with other nations with threats and violence is not isolationism. It is the opposite. Opening ourselves up to friendship, honest trade and diplomacy is the foreign policy of peace and prosperity. It is the only foreign policy that will not bankrupt us in short order, as our current actions most definitely will. I share the disappointment of the American people in the foreign policy rhetoric coming from the administration. The sad thing is, our foreign policy WILL change eventually, as Rome's did, when all budgetary and monetary tricks to fund it are exhausted.
Voice and Music was done by Jeremy Hoop
Video animation was done by Nicholas Bozman and MysteryBox. http://mysterybox.us
Protect the rights of others - do not re-upload this video.
Standard YouTube License
- 8:26 I dare the Ron Paul Haters to Hate this oneby Unstoppable Unshakeable & FreeFeatured 82,785
- Ron Paul 2012 109 videos72K
- 2:13 The Compassion of Dr. Ron Paulby TheRevolutionPAC 633,275 views
- 0:47 So Shall We - Ron Paul Super Bomb September 19thby TheRevolutionPAC 44,531 views
- 2:03 Adherence to the Oathby TheRevolutionPAC's channel 88,309 views
- 4:21 Tom Woods: How to Make History for Ron Paulby TheRevolutionPAC's channel 31,301 views
- 10:47 Ron Paul slams Obama on CNNby brklynmd3 282,942 views
- 10:47 Ron Paul Incredible Video Twice Removed YouTubeby alexdlocoa 938,912 views
- 9:30 Is Ron Paul Really An Anti-Semite or the only one with the balls to tell us the truth!?by AStarSpangledGirl 105,469 views
- 13:41 Ron Paul Courageously Speaks the Truthby Ron Paul 2,281,002 views
- 4:31 Ron Paul 2012 Amazing!!!by Nordichabs 621,331 views
- 3:29 Ron Paul: What if the People Wake Up?by PopulistParty 330,932 views
- 3:01 Funniest Movie Death Scenesby noiluigi64 2,917,308 views
- 1:02 Fat Guy Gets OWNED by Ron Paul!by Republic of Texas TV 297,835 views
- 5:48 What If Ron Paul?by jaysabi's channel 38,937 views
- 1:48 Ron Paul HUMILIATES Rick Perry in front of Tea Party Audienceby RonPaulIsiah 1,561,172 views
- 6:11 Ron Paul Walks Out On Interview With CNN Media Whoreby RonPaul2012Truth 305,565 views
- 6:15 New Ron Paul AD - Establishment Candidates Are All The Same *ORIGINAL VIDEO**by Dj Gabriel's Channel 35,779 views
- 3:01 Ron Paul Smacks Down Fox Moderators on Military/Defense Spending! January 16, 2012by Brandon's Channel 107,792 views
- 18:52 Ron Paul Highlights in 01/07/2012 Debateby Joe Plummer 429,966 views
- 1:24 Ron Paul Makes Mitt Romney Look Stupidby TheLiberalPacifist 1,408,831 views
- Loading more suggestions...