Ron Paul Supporters Take Over Louisiana GOP Convention [© LeakSource]
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 3, 2012
Delegates to represent Louisiana at the Republican National Convention in Tampa, FL were chosen today, but not without issue. Ron Paul supporters took control of Louisiana's Republican State Convention Saturday, starting their own. It's a trend Paul supporters are doing around the nation, and it's leaving the Republican party divided.
"A majority of the folks at the convention elected him as chairman," Connie Barnard said, referring to Henry Herford. That 58% majority supports Ron Paul. They broke away from the Republican State Convention, turning their chairs away from the main podium and starting a convention of their own. Barnard, who is the vice chairman of the majority convention, says this separation was caused by convention rule changes.
"When those rule changes were released to several of the delegates on Friday, they were not in keeping of ideas of liberty and democracy," she said. Ron Paul supporters claim the new delegation rules make selecting delegates for the national convention in Tampa unfair.
"For example, one of the rule changes were that 1/3 of the delegation would constitute a quorum," Barnard said. "Nowhere does any public body or any seated body does 1/3 constitute a quorum."
The minority convention claims otherwise.
"All we're saying is the Republicans of Louisiana are going to know what we did, they are going to accept what we did," Minority Convention Credential Committee Chairman Jeff Giles said. "They're going to say, oh, y'all were being fair. Y'all were making sure Romney got his 5 delegates and Santorum got his 10."
Giles says the rule change was to prevent Ron Paul supporters from stealing Romney and Santorum delegates.
"We just tightened up the rules. We made it more responsible so that delegates for those candidates would be elected," he said. "Instead of Ron Paul people posing as supporters of those candidates."
However, Ron Paul supporters are the majority, and he won four of the six caucuses in April.
"The majority of the state delegates statewide, who were elected by the registered republicans, elected Ron Paul supporters," Barnard said.
Giles admits Paul's caucus wins but claims the minority convention is protecting Republican Primary votes.
"Ron Paul got nine thousand three hundred something votes," he said. "Santorum got ninety thousand votes. Those voters need to be represented in Tampa."
As for now the Republican Party in Louisiana remains divided, and both conventions have selected delegates for the national convention. The Republican National Committee of contests will hear the case of both conventions in Tampa come August. That national committee will then decide which delegates will represent Louisiana during the national convention. Police say Henry Herford was charged with one count of entering and remaining after being forbidden, a misdemeanor. Herford claims to of been injured during his removal.
This video is [FAIR USE], under
© COPYRIGHT LAW it is:
➁ trans-formative in nature
➂ not competitive with the original work
➃ not effecting its market negatively
[FAIR USE NOTICE]:
[This video contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyrig owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understandichtice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes]
Standard YouTube License
- 7:46 Police Attack Ron Paul Supporters At Louisiana State Convention (by matlarson10) *PLS SHARE!*by World2Awakens4399 views
- 7:08 War breaks out @Louisiana GOP Convention - RP Supporters Violently attackedby Bigsteelguy4639 views
- 14:06 Ron Paul Destroys MSNBC's Alex Wagner On Syriaby djgabrielpresents83,111 views
- 3:09 Ron Paul is in A LOT of Trouble ~ Poll Results Excerptby TrueBliu Nineleven3,906 views
- 2:26 Ron Paul supporters take over Louisiana GOP Conventionby djgabrielpresents1,663 views
- 14:25 Jon Stewart Exposes Bill O'Reilly's Stupidity on Bill's showby Bashananal1,186,088 views
- 7:28 RON PAUL is WINNING despite Media Black Out! Nevada Threatens to Block Delegate (Infowars)by 829speedy11,197 views
- 9:37 Ron Paul Exposes Obamacare on Freedom Watchby flex4live11,330 views
- 2:12 CNN Admits Ron Paul Might Be The Man America Needs!by TruthStartsNow668 views
- 4:50 Ron Paul can win!by KymaticaHealth868 views
- 10:41 Washington State Republican Convention June 1, 2012 Ron Paul Speakerby LibertyGal76609 views
- 3:18 RON PAUL STILL EXPLODINGby fight thepower453 views
- 8:45 Ron Paul. A New Hope. Our Only Hope.by fight thepower716 views
- 5:43 URGENT: Bilderberg Wants Ron Paul Dead - They Don't Dare!by Josh Tolley11,487 views
- 7:06 Establishment GOP turns violent while losing in Louisiana.by hellsunicorn778 views
- 3:12 LAGOP 2012 Convention - Third Chair takes floor after second Chair is violently assaulted !!!!!!!by bonners113,542 views
- 8:47 Louisiana Republican State Convention 2012by Shawn Wilson7,728 views
- 4:11 Judge Napolitano on Obamas Secret Kill List - Americans at risk without due process -by TheLipperTube1,087 views
- 22:32 ALEX JONES GETS IN FIGHT WITH WEBSTER TARPLEY OVER RON PAUL LIVE @ BILDERBERG 2012 - 06/02/12by NWOsuredoessuckass7,884 views
- 2:19 Hired police attack Alex Helwig at GOP Louisiana.by DougWeadHistorian15,667 views
- Loading more suggestions...