Farage vs Brown
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 24, 2009
Gordon Brown meets the real opposition when he visits Strasbourg.
For those of you who have asked, Nigel spoke a few moments before Daniel Hannan lambasted Gordon Brown.
This is the transcript:
Mr President, the Prime Minister has received some criticism this afternoon for his comment British jobs for British workers, but you can brush that aside, because from the moment he said it I do not think anybody seriously thought that he would ever, as a British Prime Minister, put the interests of British workers above that of his European dream. My goodness me, you showed that this afternoon, Prime Minister.
It is just a pity that, apart from UKIP, virtually nobody seems to have bothered to turn up to listen to you. You are very popular here. You are very popular indeed because within a few days of the Irish saying no to the Lisbon Treaty, you had rammed that Treaty through the British Parliament, breaking a specific manifesto pledge that you would give the British people a referendum on the Constitutional Treaty.
Shame on you, Prime Minister, for doing that. You have devalued democracy in our country; you have devalued the trust that voters put in you as a British Prime Minister. Of course, we know the reason why. The reason why is that we would have voted no. You said in your speech that none but those on the extremes oppose European Union. Well, that may be right amongst professional career politicians, but a clear majority of the British people want us to have friendship and free trade with the European Union, but do not want to be members of this political Union.
You cannot continue to build this European Union against public opinion. If you do it against the will of the people, you are storing up enormous social and political problems for the future. Please let the peoples of Europe decide their destiny. Do not have it done in parliaments like this and parliaments like Westminster. It will not work!
As far as the economy is concerned, you have told us that somehow you are the economic guru; you are the man who can save the world. Well, I remember very well your first big act as Chancellor when you sold 400 metric tonnes of gold on the worlds exchanges at USD 275 an ounce. At todays valuation, that would be USD 10 billion higher. It was not just the fact that you got it wrong, because we can all get it wrong. It was the fact that you announced in advance how much you were going to sell and on what day you were going to sell it. It was an error so basic that the average A-level economics student even in these educationally devalued times would not have done this. To add to that, you have destroyed our private pension system, and you took away from the Bank of England its ability to regulate the banks and gave it to the tick-box bureaucrats of the FSA in Canary Wharf.
We have not heard an apology. Your Government has apologised for the Amritsar massacre; you have apologised for slavery; you have apologised for virtually everything. Will you please apologise for what you did as British Chancellor, and then perhaps we might just listen to you?
Standard YouTube License
- 14:34 Epic Rant - 'Nigel Farage Was Right!'by NigelFarageFans153,753 views
- 4:10 Nigel Farage: I want you all fired!by UKIP MEPs40,189 views
- 11:00 Farage exposes EU arrogance (puts Sarkozy, Pottering & Schulz in place)by europarl142,287 views
- 11:00 Farage and Hannan expose Gordon Brown as he calls for New Global Orderby europarl87,776 views
- 5:12 Nigel Farage exposes Sarkozyby europarl528,462 views
- 10:36 Respect the Irish Vote: Aftershock in European Parliamentby europarl180,747 views
- 4:56 Farage under attack in Strasbourgby gerryboy3699 .92,523 views
- 47:56 Gordon Brown - Where Did It All Go Wrong ?by BLIAR20930,444 views
- 42:19 The Greatest Speech: Nigel Farageby The Louberforce Network5,606 views
- 9:12 QT: Euro fascists attack Nigel Farage over sinking Europe (25Nov10)by liarpoliticians2257,961 views
- 3:40 Nigel Farage..i want you all fired. what the EU should be 06/07/11by jayofmeth159,125 views
- 5:24 Farage vs Paxmanby ukipwebmaster79,571 views
- 4:30 Nigel Farage vs. Tony Blair FULL ORIGINALby Alexander Shaw285,146 views
- 42:26 Nigel Farage - Confronts Herman Van Rompuy, José Manuel Barroso & Martin Schulzby Júlio Soares15,854 views
- 6:58 Nigel Farage shows Barroso 'true state of the Union'by europarl168,997 views
- 118 videos Play all Nigel Farageby LibertasRAC
- 2:48 Nigel Farage: EU has no legitimacy or consent to take military actionby europarl88,326 views
- 3:44 FARAGE IS PURE GOLD !by wishfix235,405 views
- 1:54 Farage: Globalist Troika Driving Greece Towards Violent Revolutionby europarl265,240 views
- 1:25 EU debt: My masters are you mad?by DanHannanMEP40,900 views