TEDx Seton Hall Talk 2: Ambassador Williamson
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 21, 2010
John Clint Williamson, a career federal prosecutor, serves as the U.S. Ambassador-at-Large for War Crimes Issues, a post to which he was confirmed by the U. S. Senate on June 29, 2006.
Immediately prior to his appointment in the Department of State, Ambassador Williamson served as the Acting Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for Relief, Stabilization, and Development at the National Security Council. From 2003 to early-2006, he served as the Director for Stability Operations on the NSC staff. While at the NSC, he was instrumental in developing the proposal for creation of a standing U.S. Government post-conflict response capability, which was realized with the establishment of the Office of the Coordinator for Reconstruction and Stabilization (S/CRS) in the State Department in mid-2004.
Early in his posting to the NSC, Ambassador Williamson served a rotation in Baghdad, from April to July 2003, as the first Senior Adviser to the Iraqi Ministry of Justice. From late-2001 through 2002, he served in the UN Department of Peacekeeping Operations as the Director of the Department of Justice in the United Nations Mission in Kosovo (UNMIK), overseeing the justice and prison systems for the UN-administered province.
For 7 years before that, from 1994 to 2001, he worked as a Trial Attorney at the International Criminal Tribunal for Yugoslavia (ICTY) in The Hague, Netherlands. While at the ICTY, he supervised investigations and field operations in the Balkans, compiled indictments, and prosecuted cases at trial. Among the cases handled by Ambassador Williamson were those against Slobodan Milosevic and the notorious paramilitary leader Zeljko Raznatovic, aka Arkan, as well as cases arising from the Yugoslav Army attacks on Vukovar and Dubrovnik, Croatia.
Prior to joining the ICTY, Ambassador Williamson served as a Trial Attorney in the U.S. Department of Justice Organized Crime Section and as an Assistant District Attorney in New Orleans.
Standard YouTube License
Next in TEDx at SHU
- 18:41 TEDx Seton Hall Talk 1: Clara Chowby setonhall1,233 views
- 15:19 TEDx Seton Hall Talk 4: Dr. Akil Khalfaniby setonhall530 views
- 18:22 TEDx Seton Hall Talk 9: Anthony DePalmaby setonhall306 views
- 1:28:35 Full Event - How The Hague Courts and Tribunals Protect Human Rightsby Brookings Institution264 views
- 7:46 2013 NCAA Big East Men's Basketball Tournament- Syracuse Orange vs Seton Hall Piratesby TheWackyWorldofOTV711 views
- 16:52 TEDxAlamo - David Eagleman, PhD - 10/29/09by TEDxTalks40,431 views
- 16:09 Raffaello D'Andrea: The astounding athletic power of quadcoptersby TED1,247,315 views
- 18:07 TEDxBaghdad 2011 - Ihsan Fethiby TEDxTalks11,796 views
- 12:48 TEDxVancouver - Marc Stoiber - 11/21/09by TEDxTalks2,762 views
- 16:54 TEDx Deccan-Indian Politics- Jayprakash Narayanby Jaskeerat Bedi51,163 views
- 19:58 TEDxASB - Scott Klososky - 2/25/10by TEDxTalks3,452 views
- 3:56 Doug Brooks on the Stability Operations Industryby BulletproofBlog269 views
- 1:32:04 Women, Peacebuilding and Advancing the Rule of Lawby asil1906875 views
- 6:11 Seton Hall University: About Our Residence Hallsby Cheryl Janus758 views
- 19:27 Misha Glenny investigates global crime networksby TED38,970 views
- 13:19 Renée Byer at TEDxTokyo 2009by TEDxTalks19,199 views
- 13:45 Barry Eisler at TEDxTokyo 2009by TEDxTalks2,198 views
- 2:31 TEDx - One Year and Counting - Presented at TEDGlobal 2010by TEDxTalks43,235 views
- 10:44 Ambassador Richard Williamson and Bud McFarlane discuss nuclear power in Iran and energy policyby politicsandgov422 views