Part 2 - One Man, One Woman
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 23, 2010
This is Part 2 of a two-part educational program on preserving marriage in Minnesota sent to Catholic households throughout the state. Bishops of Minnesota's six dioceses have launched this educational program in response to legislation, introduced earlier this year in the Minnesota state legislature that would change the definition of marriage.
The educational materials include an introductory letter from each local bishop and a DVD video. The video features a brief statement from The Most Reverend John Nienstedt, Archbishop of Saint Paul and Minneapolis, that reviews Catholic teaching on marriage and describes current challenges to this centuries' old institution.
It also includes a 12 minute program entitled "One Man, One Woman-Marriage and the Common Good "produced by the Knights of Columbus.
"Thirty one states have adopted constitutional amendments preserving the definition of marriage as being between one man and one woman", explained Christopher Leifeld, Executive Director of the Minnesota Catholic Conference. "Protecting marriage in this way benefits children, families and the common good of society itself. The Minnesota Catholic Bishops agree that Minnesota should follow this lead and let the people of Minnesota decide this issue rather than judges or legislatures."
The six bishops of Minnesota support and have endorsed this educational effort begun today, teaching the fullness of the Catholic tradition and faith regarding marriage , which is both their obligation and privilege " Leifeld continued. " They bear witness to a truth that is given by God in the natural order of creation and confirmed by divine revelation in scripture, namely that marriage has always been and should continue to be a union of one man and one woman."
Standard YouTube License
- 24:09 Men not marrying? How deep does "the problem" go?by karen straughan Featured 265,073
- 9:21 Incredible Priest Fr. Rodriguez Defends Catholic Teaching On Marriageby ChristianFirefighter17,341 views
- 6:03 Part 1 - Archbishop John Nienstedt 's Message to Catholics on Marriageby MnCatholic11,706 views
- 1:17:05 Are Catholics Saved? - John MacArthurby CraigT10483,713 views
- 6:44 So-Called Catholic--Piers Morgan--Yells At Another Catholic For Being A Catholic On Gay Marriageby Greg Hengler8,238 views
- 6:01 Controversial Anti-Gay Marriage DVDby SuchIsLifeVideos11,379 views
- 7:40 Gay Marriage and the Breakdown of Moral Argument: A commentary by Fr. Barronby Fr. Robert Barron94,441 views
- 1:04:09 HISTORY OF CATHOLICISM (part 1 of 2)by cristianismoalive63,199 views
- 2:20 Why is the Democrat Party Attacking the Catholic Church?by MnCatholic4,671 views
- 11:46 Homily Marriage, one man, one womanby Catholic Priest999 views
- 19:02 EX Ministries TBHH7: Roman Catholics, Protestants, Antichrist, Churchby PRDirector1152,255 views
- 1:29 gay marriageby Rocci Berrini104,405 views
- 4:35 KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS - KENNEDYby SPIRITUALLYSMARTxCOM6,221 views
- 4:27 I am leaving Old Catholicismby FatherNathan80,774 views
- 1:04 Bachmann Marriage Video - 2004by mngopwatch24,623 views
- 8:55 One Man One Woman Arguments Lead to Polygamyby Mark Henkel - National Polygamy Advocate ™732 views
- 6:35 Popurri de Cumbias Catolicasby Abelardo Ottich363,429 views
- 5:28 Knights of Columbusby KOFCCatholic27,371 views
- 4:51 50 Single Men Get Real About Rejection - Iyanla: Fix My Life - Oprah Winfrey Networkby OWN TV51,640 views
- 14:47 URGENTE Católicos DIFUNDAN este video. Por favor veanlo hasta el final verán una gran sorpresaby CatolicosSomos2,313,888 views
- Loading more suggestions...