Judgement - Tadić - 14 July 1997
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 22, 2012
For more information: http://www.icty.org/x/cases/tadic/tju...
DUSKO TADIC SENTENCED TO
20 YEARS' IMPRISONMENT
Today, Monday 14 July 1997, Trial Chamber II consisting of Judge Gabrielle Kirk McDonald (Presiding), Judge Ninian Stephen and Judge Lal Chand Vohrah, handed down its Sentencing Judgment of Dusko TADIC.
On 7 May 1997, Dusko TADIC was found guilty of Crimes against humanity (on 6 counts) and of Violations of the laws or customs of war (on 5 counts). The Sentencing Judgment recalls that "the crimes consisted of killings, beatings, and forced transfer by Dusko TADIC as principal or as an accessory, as well as his participation in the attack on the town of Kozarac in opstina Prijedor, in north-western Bosnia".
Trial Chamber II imposed the following sentences to be served concurrently:
Counts of crimes against humanity:
- 20 years for various acts of persecution, including the killing of Osman Besic and Edin Besic,
- 10 years for the beatings and other violences inflicted on Emir Beganovic, Senad Muslimovic, Emir Karabasic, Jasmin Hrnic, Enver Alic and Fikret Harambasic
- 7 years for the beating of Sefik Sivac
- 7 years for the beatings inflicted on Hakija Elezovic, Salih Elezovic and Sejad Sivac
- 7 years for the beatings of Hase Icic and other prisoners
- 10 years for the beatings inflicted on a number of men during their deportation from the villages of Jaskici and Sivci.
Counts of violations of the laws and customs of war:
- 9 years for the beatings and other violences inflicted on Emir Beganovic, Senad Muslimovic, Emir Karabasic, Jasmin Hrnic, Enver Alic and Fikret Harambasic
- 6 years for the beating of Sefik Sivac
- 6 years for the beatings inflicted on Hakija Elezovic, Salih Elezovic and Sejad Sivac
- 6 years for the beatings of Hase Icic and other prisoners
- 9 years for the beatings inflicted on a number of men during their deportation from the villages of Jaskici and Sivci.
Minimum term recommendation and credit for time served
Except in extreme circumstances, the sentence of Dusko Tadic "should not be commuted or otherwise reduced to a term of imprisonment less than 10 years" from the date of determination of any appeal.
Dusko Tadic is entitled to credit for 2 years, 8 months and 6 days of time already served at the date of his sentencing. The time he may serve pending the determination of any appeal will also be credited.
Standard YouTube License
Next in Tadić
- 3:05 First demonstration in Rwanda-Kigali 17 Nov. 1991by RwandaFeatured 17,851
- 26:47 Appeals Judgement - Tadić, Duško - 15 July 1999by ICTYtv 452 views
- 3:35 Judgement - Tupajić (Contempt) - 24 February 2012by ICTY : TPIY : MKSJ 650 views
- 0:37 Voice of the Victims: Mehmed Alić in Tadić case (English)by ICTYtv 1,210 views
- 21:45 Initial Appearance - Tadić - 26 April 1995by ICTY : TPIY : MKSJ 483 views
- 26:47 Presuda Žalbenog vijeća - Tadić, Duško - 15 juli. 1999by ICTYtv 267 views
- 0:35 Voice of the Victims: Emir Beganović in the Tadić and Kvočka casesby ICTYtv 973 views
- 20:00 Trial Judgement - Gotovina et al. (Part 1/3) - 15 April 2011by ICTY : TPIY : MKSJ 20,694 views
- 1:00 Voice of the Victims: Idriz Merdžanić in Stakić case (English)by ICTYtv 1,804 views
- 1:26:35 Judgement - Krstić - 2 August 2001by ICTY : TPIY : MKSJ 764 views
- 3:42 Weekly Press Briefing - 22 February 2012by ICTYtv 1,172 views
- 43:55 Appeals Judgement - Kunarac et al. 22 June 2002by ICTY : TPIY : MKSJ 215 views
- 0:34 Glas žrtava: Emir Beganović u predmetima Tadić i Kovačby ICTYtv 1,100 views
- 3:03 Statements of Guilt: Dražen Erdemovičby ICTYtv 2,869 views
- 0:41 Sarajevo-Fikret Alić,"Ako se ratni zločinci neće osuditi gubi se sva nada života" 00:41by sensservis 229 views
- 9:27 Initial Appearance - Milošević, Slobodan - 3 July 2001by ICTYtv 3,467 views
- 10:59 Cajnice,zlocin 1992by Tahir Pasic 18,795 views
- 8:23 Woman from the Hood wants a life long sugardaddy.by mensrightsTV's channel 19,698 views
- 58:58 (Part 1/3) The Impact of the Tribunal's Substantive Jurisprudence - ICTY Global Legacyby ICTYtv 627 views
- 1:57 Sucker puncher gets life sentence in Texasby micIantecuhtli 2,492,216 views
- Loading more suggestions...