The Anti-Teacher "Statesman": TNGA Rep. Matthew Hill Heckled By Constituents From House Gallery
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 25, 2011
Sidebar: Rep. Matthew Hill is a former small audience, conservative talk show radio host from Northeast Tennessee who once stated during his radio show that the reason why his parents removed him from the public schools and began to home school him was due to an assessment and reassignment of the much young Hill into a "special ed math class".
TENNESSEE LEGISLATURE OKS BAN OF TEACHER BARGAINING
By Richard Locker
Updated Saturday, May 21, 2011
"NASHVILLE — The Tennessee legislature late Friday ended 33 years of collective bargaining by teachers.
With its galleries packed with teachers, the House of Representatives cast the decisive 55-to-40 vote that sent the repeal bill to Gov. Bill Haslam, who is likely to allow it to become law with or without his signature. The Senate had swiftly approved it 19-12 a few hours earlier.
Last November's Republican tidal wave at the ballot box, which swept the GOP into big majorities in both chambers, paved the way for repeal of the 1978 Education Professional Negotiations Act.
During one of the most boisterous debates in years, some Republicans in the House assailed the Tennessee Education Association, which represents 52,000 teachers. Rep. Matthew Hill, R-Jonesborough, pointed to teachers in the galleries, some of whom turned thumbs down, and declared, "The reason you are being derisive right now is because you see your union crumbling."
The new version was drafted in secret by its Republican sponsors and handed out to members of a House-Senate conference committee appointed earlier in the day to try to work out differences between a bill approved earlier by the House that allows limited collective bargaining to continue and a Senate bill that eliminates it.
But there was no negotiating in the conference committee, which met in a packed office off the House and Senate chambers rather than a legislative hearing room where it could be streamed on the legislature's website as all other committees are. Minutes later, the Senate approved it 19-12...."
(more at hyperlink)
Standard YouTube License
- 2:37:55 What The Government Doesn't Want You To Know About Your Drivers Licenseby BelligerentPolitics50,591 views
- 14:23 Rachel Maddow: Wisconsin Republicans go for the kill shotby tjveil30,046 views
- 8:02 Rep. Matthew Hill: "IUD? No, What is a IUD?"by watauga river657 views
- 51:24 Congress Reads the Constitution - Edited Continuous Full Reading - House of Representatives - Readby TCCTVRecommended for you
- 13:53 Differences between the House & the Senateby gregorysember6,021 views
- 27:02 Rep. Matthew Hill HB3808 (2012): Sermon On The Monsby watauga river294 views
- 7:40 TNGA Rep. Matthew Hill "... more government SUCKS!"by watauga river684 views
- 14:39 TNGA Rep. Tony Shipley On House Floor Ranting Against State Nursing Boardby watauga river620 views
- 6:34 Rep. Matthew Hill Show: United Methodist Church in Forefront of Communist Movementsby watauga river665 views
- 28:05 Collective Bargaining Conference Committee: The Movieby tnreporttv675 views
- 31:54 Rep. John J. DeBerry JR. visit on AM640by Byron Tyler232 views
- 5:03 Congresswoman Wasserman-Schultz Heckledby Thesharktank13,219 views
- 13:25 As Thousands Protest Anti-Public Sector Bill Wisconsin Lawmakers Exit State to Stall Vote. 1 of 2by mediagrrl91,224 views
- 5:32 The Attack on Teachersby TennesseeDems207 views
- 3:36 Timothy "TimoChe" Hill: Republican Corporate Socialistby watauga river627 views
- 12:57 The Lew Rockwell Show 11/06/2008: An Interview with Judge Andrew Napolitanoby LibertyInOurTime321 views
- 1:47 Rep. Vance Dennis Attack On Teachersby TennesseeDems959 views
- 9:02 U.S. Government Preparing for Collapse (and Not in a Nice Way)by StormCloudsGathering854,654 views
- 5:14 UT Extension Centennial Video "Transforming Tennessee"by utiacomm1,535 views
- 4:15 Debbie Wasserman Schultz in Philly wants to see 12 Years of Romney's Tax Returns and gets Heckled!!by Jo Leone357 views
- Loading more suggestions...